tuscl

Stealing Reviews

mjpenn07
California
Sunday, August 25, 2013 7:01 AM
So I popped on Tuscl today to flip through a few local clubs that I've been considering visiting to find that some jerk off had taken my review of the Ballpark Tavern from Yelp and posted it to TUSCL as his own. I regret having neglected to upload this review to TUSCL as well but the outright plagiarism is what really pissed me off. To "pensvir1" I say a big fuck you douchebag. Has anyone else had people hijack their reviews? I knew that TUSCL was filled with us creeps and pervs but this caught me off guard.

26 comments

• dallas702
    11 years ago
    I guess my reviews are just not up to the standards of most plagiarists. I do hope you flagged the review and noted for Founder's attention that the member is a thief.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Has anyone else had people hijack their reviews? I knew that TUSCL was filled with us creeps and pervs but this caught me off guard." Why would you expect any other sort of behavior from the Assholes & creeps??Plagiarism is the least of the their behavior.
  • azdd
    11 years ago
    Yep, same thing happened to me several years ago with a review I posted on the blue side of stripperweb. I flagged it, but I don't think it did any good.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    RickyBoyDugan hasn't cut and paste any of my reviews word for word yet, but he has been trying hard to up the quality of his own reviews my emulating parts of my review style. Unfortunately since he refuses to the two things customers care most about regarding clubs - which girls were working there, what (without linking them to a specific girl) is the situation like regarding extras, his reviews still just end up being useless regurgitations of information easily gleenable from what others wrote about the club prior to his own "reviews".
  • 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    Someone PM'ed me one time telling me juicebox basically cut and paste his review of a club. Not surprised, needless to say!
  • juiicebox69
    11 years ago
    Not me !
  • rockie
    11 years ago
    Dougster: The only time your reviews will be ripped off is when one of your aliases does it to you!
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    @rockie: you are such a retard (and a faggot). I only use one alias.
  • rockie
    11 years ago
    Then I guess there is no threat that someone will rip off one of your reviews!
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    And to think I was going to ignore this thread - lol.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    Idk if his offense is really that egregious mj. Yes he stole your review, but at least he (1) is a one and one reviewer with little seeming street cred or ability to influence ratings; and (2) he stole and re-posted a real review, albeit not his own, rather than making shit up. There are many far worse offenders around here than this guy - lol.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Ban copy and paste! It's a conspiracy created by Microsoft to win over our hearts and minds.
  • Dracula
    11 years ago
    Sure it was assfaggot
  • Dracula
    11 years ago
    I heard jewbie was stilling his own shit
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    That’s why I hate the free VIP w/ a review shit. Whenever something is given for free; even w/ good intentions; many will take advantage of it. I can see a free VIP as a one-time initial thing to give folks an opportunity to “test-drive” the site; but giving free VIP for every time someone writes a review just leaves the door too wide open for the assholes the OP described. But – the free VIP shit has been discussed before – so I’ll leave it alone :). I have not seen any of my reviews copied; but then again I don’t think anyone would want to copy mine. I have actually seen a TUSCLer copy an older review of a different TUSCLer, for the same club, and submit it – I flagged the review and I think it was deleted if I remember correctly.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    Papi, without free VIP for reviews the intel on this site would die off. The trade off, of course, is that some people will abuse the system, but the alternative is a lot worse.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I can see your point rick, and others that make the same argument. But there are many other instances where people submit reviews b/c they want to and w/o getting anything for it (amazon; other consumer related sites; etc.) – thus people submit their true opinions and mean what they write since they are not getting anything from it. Most TUSCLers submit reviews b/c they want to share their experience and know they will also benefit from others doing the same thing. Even w/o the free VIP; I don’t think reviews would die out and cease to be written (e.g. amazon; etc). I understand the value of reviews for a site like TUSCL; but I personally prefer quality over quantity.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Papi, without free VIP for reviews the intel on this site would die off. The trade off, of course, is that some people will abuse the system, but the alternative is a lot worse." I disagree. I believe it would get rid of the persons Papi mentioned. I believe the core membership & the dedicated would remain.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I treat Plagiarism like Muslims treat theives-Off with the hand. No second chances. I personalize my reviews and make them comfortable for the reader. That ain't cool to steal reviews. That's someone else's experience that they've so graciously wrote for you and I. I have a problem with theives to begin with. I keep repeating myself like an idiot.
  • Dracula
    11 years ago
    " I disagree. I believe it would get rid of the persons Papi mentioned. I believe the core membership & the dedicated would remain." I agree I will always be with you....Der is a little juice in all of us now
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Off with their hands dammit...I agree with slick
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    "Papi, without free VIP for reviews the intel on this site would die off. The trade off, of course, is that some people will abuse the system, but the alternative is a lot worse." Nailed it. I couldn't agree more.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    Actually there are outs for Islamic thieves. Little children cannot have their hand removed. Someone who was coerced into thievery cannot have their hand removed. Nor can someone who has stolen out of need for food, clothing, etc. Just thought I would point that out.
  • 3LeggedMan
    11 years ago
    Maybe Detroit and Atlanta clubs would keep getting reviews without free VIP but less popular locations would get ZERO attention and I would hate that since I club in a pretty rural area. I hope Founder continues to give free membership for review posting.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    I 2nd the comments by rick, GV, and 3legged
  • Dacandyman
    11 years ago
    Copying reviews is not cool. Im new to this and dont live close to good clubs. I tried to put thought into the review I wrote and will do that in the future. But it was nice that it was easy to start. If the system was hard ppl might just use other review sites
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion