tuscl

Why?

Lone_Wolf
Arizona
Wednesday, July 17, 2013 10:36 PM
Speaking specifically within the American Culture. Why are middle aged men so seemingly vilified for pursuing smoking hot young women? Is it justified? Seems in all aspects of our culture middle age men that pursue the charms only a young woman has to offer are referred to as perverts, dirty old men, sugar daddys etc... This perception is reflected in the media and perpetrated in almost all areas of our society. I mean what the fuck does society want a middle aged fugly dude to do, just crawl under a rock somewhere and die? Fuck that, I still want fine pussy regardless of my age.

29 comments

• crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Why ask why? Drink Bud Dry
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Jealousy. Oprah made a Billion dollars kindling the fires of such propaganda.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Oprah preys on the weak.And yeah CJ I'm sure you drank a bud dry.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Lone_Wolf: "I mean what the fuck does society want a middle aged fugly dude to do, just crawl under a rock somewhere and die? " I think it's more along the lines of setting realistic standards for who they date in a normal sense and considering more than looks in the equation. I think everyone has some implicit place they ought to be in the social ladder. It is accepted that men will want women slightly younger and better looking than themselves, while women will typically want men slightly higher up that ladder. If the disparities are too great it all looks pretty fishy. So the right person for a middle-aged fugly dude, might well be a young super-model, if the dude is a rich party-boy. More likely though, what is more appropriate is going to be a woman > 30, probably with some kids from another relationship and maybe of just average looks. "Pursuit" of smoking hot women in strip clubs, isn't real pursuit at all and is considered avoidance of a realistic relationship.
  • bigtimer23
    11 years ago
    The word Envy comes too mind. Women like money, men like good looking women. An older well-off man with a young beautiful woman make a good couple if you ask me
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    Seems in the movies there is always some 50 year old dude cavorting around with a twenty year old. Be like the movies man!
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    I'm 53 and date girls from 20's to 50's. They all have pluses and minuses. I don't care what anyone says; they're probably just jealous when I'm with a 20 something.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Why do the babies starve When there's enough food to feed the world Why when there're so many of us Are there people still alone Why are the missiles called peace keepers When they're aimed to kill
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "I mean what the fuck does society want a middle aged fugly dude to do, just crawl under a rock somewhere and die?" Our "Puritanical" & "Overzealous Religious Right" persons WANT us middle aged & senior men to be married to a woman our OWN age. They will do what is needed to spread their message because they think their way is the way. Just stay unmarried, so you can screw around all you WISH!
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    Staying unmarried has it's own consequences too...
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Society considers these relationships to be driven by factors that run counter to what is considered the appropriate/traditional factors for a quality relationship.
  • JayJay15
    11 years ago
    Here's everything you need to know about American culture: men are vilified for everything; women are held responsible for nothing. Here's how I am able to pursue smoking hot younger girls anyway: I married a smoking hot wife and send her after them. Then we both get to enjoy smoking hot younger girls. Problem solved.
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    Probably because realistically hot girls in their 20s want to bang hot guys in their 20s. Courtney Stodden probably wants to have sex with Taylor Lautner. Society isn't saying that you CAN'T date 20 year olds, it's saying that even if you are, she probably wants to have sex with Taylor Lautner. Society knows, and looks upon you with something akin to pity. Also, the reasons that a middle-aged man would want to pursue a much younger women are rarely non-sexual. Do you want to talk about Tumblr trends? Do you want to watch Keeping up with the Kardashians? Everyone knows your motivations. It's ok. If you want to date girls way younger than you, do it. 'Cause when I'm in my 40s I'll most likely be touching myself to Abercrombie & Fitch catalogs and gazing upon my carefully preserved Taylor Lautner posters.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    I think generally the reason older men are "vilified" is because of they are somehow perceived of taking advantage of the younger women. Though I would guess that most of the time if money is involved it would be the opposite. Most of it though I would think is jealousy by the women the same age as the men with the younger women. Generally women seem to like older men, where as men don't generally feel the same.
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    @jayjay15 - You must have forgotten about the backlash that girl involved in the Stubenville rape case faced.
  • JayJay15
    11 years ago
    duo - I don't think you actually read my post. I said "women are held responsible for nothing." Which part of the Steubenville victim's behavior do you allege she was being held responsible for?
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    again... too many sicko puritans in this country
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    @jayjay - Serena Williams (amongst others) stated that she shouldn't have put herself in that situation in the first place (ie. it's her responsibility to keep herself from getting raped).
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Why are men vilified? Maybe because they can. It might be like asking about why are certain state governors who happen to be Republcan deemed to be the worst in the nation? A clue might be that the survey was performed by Democrats. If those details get left out of the discussion, it means a world of difference to me. It might be like leaving out the information about a survey villifying men that the people surveyed were priests or some other biased group.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    On the original question: Maybe middle aged men who successfully connect with hot young women are caught between the middle aged women who resent the competition and young studs who cannot understand why she wants the old guy instead of his crude humor and hard muscles. It doesn't matter how we old guys make the connection. The old women resent us when our smile and flowers get the attention of a 22 y/o, just as much as they resent us when we pay cash. The young men are just as confused seeing old guys walking the beach with a hot blond as they are watching us get the chicks in a strip club.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    It just really comes to the basics since the beginning of time - $$$/resources and sex. Women have typically seeked security via $$$/resources and older men have tended to be the ones to have these resources and been willing to exchange them for what a young beautiful woman can provide (sex and beauty). Often times May/December “relationships” are constituted by a well enough to do older man and an attractive young woman. It really comes down to the frowning by society of P4P.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Young people have sex with older people most often for money, not due to attraction. It seems to be the general opinion here that extras/P4P strippers are really messed up people. So, why be surprised an activity associated with people being really messed up tends to be frowned upon.
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Middle aged men? How about us old guys on Social Security who take a 20 something to dinner? Talk about looks.
  • Otto22
    11 years ago
    There is potential for exploitation at all ages. Youthful women exploit their attractiveness to the exclusion of ordinary-looking young men. Later, when the young men grow up to become prosperous, they return the favor and exploit young women who need their money. Neither of these exploitations is a crime but, rather, a mutual accommodation based upon deploying available assets.
  • JayJay15
    11 years ago
    duo - Again, it appears I have typed two posts in this thread, neither of which you have read, but both of which you have responded to. My question, which I would appreciate you actually answering, was this: "I said 'women are held responsible for nothing.' Which part of the Steubenville victim's behavior do YOU allege she was being held responsible for?"
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    I was pointing out that your saying that "women are held responsible for nothing" isn't true, because women are held responsible for plenty, even things beyond their control. Do I personally think that girl was responsible for what happened to her? Absolutely not. However, if you followed any of the Twitter drama about it, her peers AND popular media personalities certainly held her responsible for her a) being there in the first place and b) getting drunk. So, women are held responsible for some things by some people and you can't make a generalized statement like that and have it be correct.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    A woman goes alone to a strangers house with several men she doesn't know and proceeds to drink copious amounts of alcohol and take drugs offered by said strangers, she's then sexually assaulted. Many (most imo) would say 'she's a victim, it's not her fault!' and condemn anyone who disagreed. A man goes alone to a strange bar in a sketchy neighborhood and proceeds to drink copious amounts of alcohol and flash cash, as he walks down the street in the dark he's assaulted and robbed. Many (most imo) would say 'what a dumbass to make so many stupid choices, no wonder he got beaten'. Obviously those are oversimplifications but in general I think they're fair. When you look at it from that perspective I think jayjay's comment had SOME merit, though I certainly don't agree with it in totality.
  • JayJay15
    11 years ago
    duo - Isn't making a statement like "you can't make a generalized statement like that and have it be correct" a generalized statement of the type which you assert cannot be correct? Secondly, you still didn't answer my question. So I am going to let it ride, and just figure you had three chances to read and respond appropriately to my posts, and still didn't manage to do so. I will let you figure out how much philosophical insight I will accept from a chick who repeatedly can't even respond to three or four sentence posts appropriately when it comes to her thoughts about the vast expanse of reality. Hint: It's closer to zero per cent than one hundred per cent.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    @JJ Hello Duo repeated answered your question. The rape victim (in that case and many others) was held responsible for a drinking binge and trusting people she didn't know that well. With the implication that she had some or all of the responsibility for her own rape, because she tempted those poor boys.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion