tuscl

OT:College Football Bans

Does anybody here feel that USC and the players that were innocent and not involved with under the table desks should have been banned from the BCS? Same for Ohio State.

29 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    That's under the table deals, not desks. If you do have a good deal on desks, pm me.
  • 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    Yes USC is always way overrated and are a bunch of hipster dufuses. The real men are down south and play in the SEC (not to be confused with the Securities and Exchange Commission).
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    OJ and The Duke played for USC.
  • 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    I don't call someone a man because they murder women!
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    No...its bull shit
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    The SEC does kick ass. Too bad that doesn't translate into the south running shit in the NFL.
  • 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    Slickspic- I 100% agree with you there!
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Seriously, the the SF/Oakland Bay Area has 8 Super Bowl Championships. Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South and North Carolina, Louisiana, and Tennessee have less Super Bowls than the Bay Area. What gives, Dixie?
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    In some cases the only thing the NCAA can really do is punish everyone. It sucks, but it should be a good reminder for the programs if not the players.

I really don't think we won't to go back to the days of players who did three or four years and left illiterate.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    The ONLY recent Sanctions I felt were unjust was those levied at Penn State. Those players were punished not because the coaches or administrators or upper School management was trying to gain on field advantage or were negligent in supervising activities to gain on field advantage.

It was because of personal Law breaking activities that had NOTHING at ALL to do with players or trying to gain on field advantage.

The school & players should NOT have been punished for the the personal crimes of other persons. PUNISH the persons for the crimes when convicted.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Sorry but they sent a pretty clear message with the Penn State sanctions: don't try to cover things up for the sake of your program, if you do and we find out later it'll be all the worse for everybody.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    The "Personal Crime" by the coach HAD nothing to do with the playing of football at Penn St. Nor did the actions of the other personnel involved. Is it the NCAA's purview to punish for Non-sports related matters?
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    The Head Coach helped to cover up the actions of a former Coach after another member of the Staff reported an incident that happened in the sport complex. (this part is debatable) The Head Coach did this to protect the Football Team's image.

The common denominator was the football program.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I disagree. "Image" of the the program in peoples's minds has NOTHING to do with trying to gain an advantage on the field. this was a CRIME with accessories. Fire the people involved &/or prosecute them. DON'T punish the football players & other PSU teams that had no part in the Crime.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    What does a first year freshman have to do with last years program?
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    If you follow that logic then the NCAA can never put any sanction on any team.

• jabthehut
    11 years ago
    To the OP:Yes & Yes.

To the attempted thread hijack:WTF does Superbowl victories have to do with the BCS? However, those Kali NFL teams probably had quite a few deep south college players. By comparison FSU had 2 players drafted by Kali teams as did Alabama, while USC and UCLA had no players drafted by CaliforniaCCP teams. Also, the total players drafted from th 4 teams was USC - 4, UCLA - 4, Alabama - 9, FSU - 11!

To the PSU BS: at least one incident of the child molestation occured in the PSU football team training facility, thus the PSU football team was penalized.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Yup, Joe Montana went to Norte Dame. I guess that was before Manti TeO.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Bo Jackson did play for Auburn.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Didn't Auburn decline to play USC three or four years ago?
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    I hadn't heard that but 3 seasons ago (2010) Auburn was busy winning a national championship, going 14-0 while USC was busy going 8-5, not being bowl eligible and with a final poll ranking of # oops, they were not ranked.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    The sanctions worked out pretty well for Ohio State. They got rid of that idiot Jim Tressel and managed to land probably the best coach in college.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Guilty
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    2004, I think. That was the year. More research needed.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    The players can always transfer if they don't like their situation. Of course, that doesn't stop the NCAA from being a bunch of PL's.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    I don't understand why the NCAA insists on taking scholarships (read education opportunities) away from innocent mostly underprivileged kids as punishment for what a coach or former players did.

I don't know what you do about players who have already left the team. Coaches are another story. Guys like Tressl and Carol shouldn't be allowed to run and hid. Every NCAA coaching contract should have a clause that the NCAA can go after then financially for rules violations even after they've left a team.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    In most cases if a kid is good enough to get a scholarship to a school that has been sanctioned, he's probably good enough to get one elsewhere.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Football and basketball should have minor leagues like baseball and hockey. Top rate player should be able to focus on cashing in on their talent in their prime years. Those players who want a college education will have plenty of time and money for that when they retire.
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    The lost scholarships won't be the one that go to the poor, underprivileged kid but the one that go to the lawyer's or doctor's kid who played soccer in prep school who wants to be a place kicker in college.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion