tuscl

The long con

gawker
Older than dirt
Sunday, June 16, 2013 7:20 PM
There's a dancer I've gotten to know over the past several years. She's tall slim and sensual. She's shared her history of drug use and while extensive, to my knowledge, she's never gotten too deeply involved. She just disappeared several months ago with no response from her, her mother, or her best girl friend. Last week, out of the blue I got several texts professing her love and pleading to see me. I took her to lunch and she was very circumspect about where she had been. We ended up in a hotel and had a fine time and she never mentioned money. Today, more texts saying I'm her hero, she wants to see me and thanks for all I've done for her. I'm not too bright and I'm flattered by the attention from a beautiful woman who's 43 years younger than I. I hate being suspicious, but (a) I'm wondering if she was incarcerated for the missing time, and (b) whether I'm getting set up. Somewhere I remember hearing if its too good to be true it usually is. Thoughts?

30 comments

• Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    It probably is "too good . . . "
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Lol
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    BE very wary. Sounds & smells like a possible setup. Jail time is a great possibility for the missing time, ESPECIALLY with a drug history.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    Given the vast age difference, the drug use and disappearance you have good reason to be more than a little suspicious.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Sounds like the good start to a movie, "The Sting 2". Redford is still alive.
  • toysales
    11 years ago
    Its easy enough to find out if you know her real name. Your county probably posts mug shots and your state probably post court dates. Just do a little research. Hell NC even posts people on probation.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    If you have her real name and address, I believe you can pay a little bit of money to get her criminal record. I do not know if that is all that is needed. I've been watching tv shows on CNBC called American Greed or something like that. People fall for scams all the time over and over again when they should know it is too good to be true investing their money thinking everything is ok up to years at a time. Then one day they realize it was a scam or ponzi scheme and their money is gone and sometimes the authorities can't even find or prosecute the ringleader. These guys are either really good or our laws really suck when someone steals millions from people in one state and then when the gig is up, he just flees to another state and scams more people. In one case, one guy got away with this scamming people in multiple states. Then he fled overseas where I heard it is hard to capture and prosecute someone for violating US laws.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Maybe she wants a sugar daddy.
  • snowtime
    11 years ago
    I would be very careful. If you cannot get straight answers I would move on. Not worth the risk, in my opinion.
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    Is this a different girl than your ATF?
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    Ya think? I'm not kidding myself and am great fully being "used" by my ATF who is 40 years younger than I. She and I have a complex relationship where we admit to using each other for our own ends. I've spent well over $200,000 on her and have been lucky enough to enjoy sex as I never dreamed could happen with this tired old body. The new gal as I mentioned, has been a friend for several years, mostly at the club I frequent. She has been a gal pal to several wealthy men through the years( last year she travelled world wide with one gent in his private jet and I've seen the pictures). She's living with her Mom right now and she's supporting the Mom ( who is only 41). I'm not rich and she knows it. I'm comfortable enough that I took her Christmas shopping last year and spent a couple of hundred, I've gone to pick up her younger brother several times to give him a ride home and no one seems to question why this 24 year old is hanging with a guy whose old enough to be her grandfather. Maybe I have stepped into Sharkhunter's alternate universe, but I smell a rat. Just curious if anyone else has tripped over a similar situation. I'm not a good candidate for blackmail in that I live paycheck to paycheck, have a wife with Alzheimers and very little in savings, thanks to the money I've spent on my ATF. Maybe I'm just lucky.
  • gsv
    11 years ago
    Over $200K?!!???!
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Shiiiiittttt! I've think I've spent that much across all the strippers over the years. Maybe $10k tops on any one, though. I bet you get the record for that one (at least here on TUSCL), gawker.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    200k and you say you aren't rich? Maybe you have more income and savings than most on here. If your spending level is fine with yourself and you are ok with your savings, then just have fun. The women in your life probably already think they found their sugar daddy at the amounts you are already spending. They may think you are rich regardless of what you say. I've met a dancer or two who told me they thought I had plenty of money and I just met them. If you are spending too much, then you may want to consider what needs to change or think about what will happen when you aren't spending as much money.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    On the bright side, it sounds like you enjoyed the money you spent. I've heard abou people losing half their life savings in the stock market and not enjoying that at all.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    shark: "I've heard abou people losing half their life savings in the stock market and not enjoying that at all." Probably happened to anyone who followed txtittyfan's advice to short treasuries the day before they bottomed back in 2009.
  • gsv
    11 years ago
    Thing is, when you spend this much money on a single girl, you get really really diminishing returns of any sort of value. Much better to spread the wealth across multiple girls, maintain your sanity emotionally as well by not being so invested in one.... (not an issue for me, but I know some guys seem to get emotionally involved whether they admit it or not)
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    It's about disposable income. She may think she can blackmail you by threatening to expose your involvement with her. She could have video taped your fine time in the hotel. She may think she can get you to give or "loan" her a large sum of money (then she'll disappear again). She may be trying to become your new ATF. Some chance she had a really bad experience with a man while she was "disappeared". This might have caused a big change in what she looks for an a man. This is the least likely explanation I would say, though. In any case, me personally, I would not risked it getting deeply emotionally involved with someone so secretive.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    I just have to shake my head at your stories, gawker. My own behaviour with certain dancers has been pathetic enough but I am not in your league. You claim to be satisfied with the value you have received for the money you have spent. If that is truly the case, carry on in the future as you have done in the past. It doesn't matter a whit what any of us other tusclers tell you. Keep the stories coming for our amazement and entertainment.
  • Experimental
    11 years ago
    She was either in jail or on a long term drug binge. Court records are public and free on state websites. If you know her name that is all you need. Or you can pay a small fee and join one of the background check websites. From your story this chick is not legit, but that's for you to decide.
  • pabloantonio
    11 years ago
    "A sucker is born every minute."
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    If they say they love you, they're trying to get something out of you. They only love money and their boyfriend (who is a felon/drug addict/loser).
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    You're questioning whether you are being set up NOW? If you have spent $200k on one girl over a few years or so, you've already been taken. ;) Hey look, spend it if you've got it I suppose and you can't take it with you, but it is not all that confusing to see why she wants to keep you on the hook - lol.
  • TcVegas
    11 years ago
    Spending $200k means you had to make nearly $400k if your in a state with income tax. Not sure how someone living paycheck to paycheck pulls that off. If your story is true, of course she has an angle.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    @tcVegas - I've got a good pension (enough to live on) and a part time job that pays me about $50k. That's my play money. @ cfllock - if it comes across as bragging, that's not my intent. I agree I'm a PL in many of the things I've done, but in others I feel like I'm the luckiest man alive. I've got too many friends who scrimped and saved all their life and died before enjoying it. I'm sure others on here who are 65+ have seen that happen. I prefer to live like Hell and take my chances tomorrow. @RickDugan - my ATF and I understand each other and use each other. It's the introduction of this other dancer out of the blue who has me questioning her motives.. When you're 68 years old you don't get freebies from 24 year old strippers. Not bragging, just questioning
  • TcVegas
    11 years ago
    Sounds like a good money deal for you. I'm all in favor of enjoying it while you can. It doesn't matter what you spend it on, as long as it makes you happy.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    It’s hard enough for young semi good looking guys to get free no strings attached sex from an attractive desirable young woman. For such a girl; whom is a dancer and used to getting $$$ from men ITC/OTC; to give it up for free to a guy 43 years older than her – anything is possible – but this is highly irregular. I can see a young chick wanting and enjoying a fatherly type of relationship w/ a much older man – but fucking just to fuck? – kinda of doesn’t pass the smell test.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Perhaps Gawker’s $200k expenditure has been thru several or a significant amount of years?
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Like I say most I've heard about first hand. I do remember a stripper telling me that she knew several guys who got 2nd mortgages/HELOCs/other non-sense during the subprime days and blew it all on strippers. Won't surprise me if some of those guys were spending the lion's share on just one girl. At least it does't sound like gawker is going into debt in this one, although he is almost certainly giving away more than he needs to.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    $200k on an ATF may not be excessive if the relationship is a long term one. If any of us PL adds up what is spent in a year it would likely add up to serious money. If you spend $200 per week and club 50 weeks per year that is $10K every year. Besides you can't take it with you and if his Alzheimer's wife needs to go on medicade the government will take it all anyway. I would be careful of the girl but you have two choices: try to find out if she has ulterior motives or take what is offered and make sure you don't knock her up.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion