tuscl

Geography

How many of us have given our geographical locations any thought when it comes down to clubbing? Whether it is the luck of employment, birth or any other set of circumstances, some of us wound up with a lucky hand when it comes to clubbing. I have a top-notch sc 15-20 minutes away from home and another 2-4 quality clubs just 30-40 minutes in the COI.
Anybody ever move, search for employment, education or retirement based on the availability of strip clubs? My situation is a luck of the draw type of deal.

21 comments

• sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    When I got transferred out to Nevada I was bummed knowing how crappy the Vegas clubs were. Luckily I still need to head home to LA fairly regularly so I take advantage of the opportunity to hit clubs in LA and especially the COI. So it worked out OK.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    COI is the place to be. My grand folks live up at the top of Azusa Ave so whenever I visited them I'd make a point to hit up Hawaii Theatre. No more Hawaii Theatre and no more grampa. But I still got gramma and Tropical Lei.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    Just the opposite happened to me. It was my choice to move from L.A. to Seattle. But, I didn't do it for the fine selection of strip clubs here. Oh, do I miss my L.A. clubs! COI, Upland, and Pomona in particular.
  • canny
    11 years ago
    I did the opposite. I moved from an area with nice strip clubs to an area where they're second rate.
  • Iansmithdfw
    11 years ago
    D/FW, center of the SC universe and glad to be here.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I grew up in Miami but did not start SCing regularly `till I moved to Dallas in 2000.

I’ve been back in Miami for 3 yrs now and love all my SC options down here in South Florida.

Dallas was very good also.

Would hate to live in a bad SC city and hope I won’t have to if I can help it.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    Like Slick & sclvr I'm blessed to be able to club all over LA and the surrounding area so that I'm never more than 20 - 30 minutes away from a good club. My home club is a 5 minute car ride away.
    Although I never sought out an area that was SC friendly, I'm sure glad that it turned out that way.

• jackslash
    11 years ago
    When I bought my current home, I told the real estate agent that wanted to live no more than 10 miles from my favorite strip club. Location, location, location.

• DandyDan
    11 years ago
    That would be delusional madness to be able to move from Omaha to somewhere with real strip clubs, much less good ones. I wouldn't mind moving somewhere with better clubs, even if it's Des Moines (just so you know, everyone is Omaha loves to rip on Des Moines, and vice versa), but frankly, I like my job enough where it is, so I guess I'll just have to suffer.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    Even though I live in the strip club black hole of Alberta I will never leave my paradise in the Alberta countryside. I can't stand living in cities anyway.

I will take my strip club adventures as I find them on my travels. I won't even make a special trip just for clubbing now. I got all that out of my system during my short retirement.
  • gsv
    11 years ago
    The thought has crossed my mind to move to San Diego to be closer to Tijuana. One day I might actually end up doing it...

For now, NYC isn't the worst place to be, but certainly not the greatest. At least we generally have good quality dancers in the top clubs, and decent mileage can be had at times. Problem is, it a really good night out in NYC at a a strip club generally costs top dollar compared to other places.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Buy an RV and park it behind your favorite strip club.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    During my working years, I lived where the money was. Now that I am retired and can live where ever I want, I am content with the strip club scene in Atlanta.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    I've been fortunate that every place I've lived has had decent, if not stellar, strip clubs. Western New York, North Carolina, Kansas City and Louisville all have, or had anyway, good brothels, er, I mean strip clubs.
  • Rod8432
    11 years ago
    I've removed certain cities from relocation consideration due to the fact they have lousy strip clubs. I knew Atlanta had cool clubs, which figured into my making the move here. First day I arrived back in '93, I spent the next couple weeks checking out all the clubs that appeared interesting to me.

Funny looking back on it now. They really haven't changed - The Cheetah is still an air dance club, Pink Pony's dances are better with some really awesome girls, Boomer's is still no alcohol so it's good for the under 21 crowd (and bad for me), and Folly's still features the best LD action albeit with lesser caliber girls.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    I'm currently in Portland, and I want to move to a city with better strip clubs like LA, Miami, Houston or Atlanta. However, I am grateful for the all the strip club options Portland has to offer.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Born in S. Florida, so it's always been good down here. I've spent a lot of time in SW Ohio, and there is NO comparison. ss1 might back that up.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Man, some of you guys are hardcore if quuality of the SC scene plays a signifucant role in deciding where you want to live. (There that's me saying things politely. :-) )

I live in Seattle which supposedly has poor SC action, but I literally never have a problem finding any - there are way more girls who want to do OTC with me than I can schedule in. Because of this I'm very skeptical that all but a few cities are just brimming with oppurtinities.

Maybe I would put quality of the SC scene in the top 10 when deciding where to live but definitely not the top five. Interesting, though, that it is such a high priority to some!
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    I'm from and currently live in Virginia and you guys already know this is one of the worst states for strip clubs.

Despite that, if I ever moved somewhere, I wouldn't put much emphasis (if any) on the strip club scene when deciding where I'd want to live. I like clubbing and all, but not THAT much.

Besides, seeing as I'm in Virgina, just about any other state would be a upgrade from my current location :)
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    @ GoV: I had the same attitude when I moved from L.A. to Seattle. I knew L.A., had great clubs, but I wanted a major change of scenery. I knew that Seattle had only a few strip clubs, and most low mileage. But, I didn't count on the only high mileage clubs (4 total) being forced to close four years after my move. However, I'm still very happy with the move I made. Like Dougster, I've gotten plenty of OTC action here.
  • thenumber10
    11 years ago
    I know the scale of distance is not really that great but the expectations and the acceptable level of contact changes drastically from RI to its neighbors. Having to check on the touching rules alone is a bit of a system shock.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion