tuscl

OT: Religion - Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down

Sunday, June 2, 2013 5:12 AM
Had the inevitable "Religion" conversation with my ATF last night and I discovered that she and I are like minded and I did manage to pry a couple of loud "Oh God's!" from her lips after her shift was over... So here is a clip of George Carlin taking on one side of the topic: [view link] And on the other side of the debate: [view link] Not to be controversial or any thing but what're your thoughts on the subject? Care to share?

27 comments

• SnackBox69
    11 years ago
    I believe in God but I enjoy George Carlin ideas more
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    When Princess Diana arrived in Heaven, Mother Teresa was upset. St. Peter asked her why. "It's because her halo is bigger than mine" she said. He replied, "You idiot! That's not a halo, that's a steering wheel!"
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    On those few occasions when my ATF has screamed " Oh, God" it's had very little to do with religion.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    If you're worshipping me, then I'm all for religion. Other gods, on the other hand, are useless pieces of crap more interested in having their asses kissed than in shepherding their flock.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I have a hard time believing that there would be 72 virgins waiting for me. So I have decided not to become a terrorist.
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    We have the prophet of the true GOD posting on here almost daily but you don't believe? Juice my friend...tell 'em 'bout your last pow-wow with the LORD. He said a little somethin' somethin' about smoking lots of weed, drinking several bottles o' DXM cough syrup, and face fucking as many hot 19 year olds as possible. Path to heaven or something. But I have to tell you Mr. Kat...these girls ain't virgins!
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    Hey Zip, how can you type with your lips on the Box's ass? Be honest. Lol.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    What century is this? Can't believe that some still seriously believe in religion.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    The only thing waiting for terrorists is 72 big hairy guys with giant dicks that they will stick up their asses.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Careful if you say that sick liver. Will txtittyfan want to be a terrorist/martyr.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    Btw, making fun of religion is super easy. I was raised Catholic and by 3rd grade, me and my friends were great at it. Way funnier than these adult comics.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Religion is concerned with the meaning and purpose of life. It's an important and complex subject. I'm sorry that fanatics, bigots and closed-minded fundamentalists have poisoned the very idea of religion for so many people.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Ban retatds
  • SnackBox69
    11 years ago
    Ban God ! It's killing kids
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    C'mon mikey-dude....mellow out. No need for jealousy. I'll make you a deal. Say lots o' KA-ray-ZEE AZZ shizzle that gives me the LARFS and I'll be equally encouraging to you. How 'bout we have a prophet-off. I encourage you to write about at least 3 visions you have. A panel of your fellow pervs will judge. Alucard will also judge, but we'll invert his scores (so anything judged coo-el by Drac-a-roo will be viewed as lame and vice versa). But you have to use a different method to induce your visions. Same drugs are OK, but NO fried chicken! Peace brother.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    A prophet-off? No thanks Zip. No need to get weirder. Your chicken, Drac, and Juice mania is enough. Knock yourself out.
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    Don't worry mikeydude.we will try not to blow your mind. Just do not try to follow us to the WHITE LODGE 'cos you might be sucked into the BLACK LODGE instead. The stoppers there are really freaky 'cos they are either midgets or giants. Sometimes they are both at once! It would be fuggin' coo-el if BOB didn't try to enter in your mind. Groove on mikeybro -- I guess I'll just nominate you for "most normal dude on TUSCL". Sound like fun?
  • how
    11 years ago
    Is the question of this thread whether religion is good or bad? Or whether the topic is a good or bad one when talking to strippers? The first question won't get an answer here, obviously. The second question is interesting. Some strippers might enjoy a restrained but thoughtful discussion of such a topic, and might mistake you for someone with deep thoughts as well as deep pockets, thus increasing your likelihood of getting what you want. Most, however, will likely want to avoid such a topic of conversation.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I can't believe people are still stupid enough to believe in God, in spite of all the evidence. The part I can't believe is that it seems like every stripper I've ever talked about it, with one exception, believes in God and I don't know why.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    There is no more evidence denying the existence of God than there is affirming it.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Dandy: "The part I can't believe is that it seems like every stripper I've ever talked about it, with one exception, believes in God and I don't know why." I haven't talked to many about it, but yeah I remember two who described themselves as quite Christian. Then there were a couple of new-agey types who believed in zillions of gods/goddesses/wica/what-the-fuckever. The one near universal belief amongst strippers seems to be in Karma, which is nearly as mystical as a belief in an actual god, IMO.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    Proof? Geez, DandyDan - even Helen Keller found "proof" that God exists. If your eyes work, to any degree, or your ears function, or nose, or taste or even touch; the evidence is ovewhelmingly present. The greatest minds ever to live have postulated that there was once nothing and then everything came to be in an instant ("big bang" theory). How can you deny that you exist? And if you exist, how can you deny that once you did NOT exist? Only a fool will deny proof and insist that their narcissism is the only reality. The question is not whether there is a God (Creator). The real question is who or what that Creator is? And that question IS religion. Different opinions about who God is mean different reasons for war.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Holy Shit.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Yes, we are a Western, Greek-Logic, and Judeo-Christian society. That doesn't mean that maybe the Buddhists, Taoists, Hindu or other faiths have something positive to add. Tibetans often use the term "science and technology" as opposed to religion or faith. I say that we all meet up in the desert and I'll bring my bag of visions. Then we can discuss what we saw. Machine elves to the rescue.
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    In all honesty it is more belivable that we were created by a more advanced human forum that became God like and created us just like we our selves are on the verge of doing...in the near future we ourselves and kind will be terafroming other planets and creating life for us to test and obsurve so we to will become gods......its the path of us all to move from mortal to imortsl from human to gods......we are so close its just or old ways of thanking is slowing us down...we must shed the old ways and make way for the new for we shall become creators And gods for the good and evil of our kind
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Every now and then, I watch Ancient Aliens. Gotta love Georgio Tsoukalos' hair. But forget about ancient aliens. I say that future humans, fuck ancient aliens.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I must be a god already. Every time I go to Follies, I am greeted with "Oh god, are you here again?" :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion