tuscl

Dancer: "What kind of work do you do?"

mjx01
Aspiring Global Hound
When talking to a dancer I've just met for the first time, the small talk before any financial decisions are made will often involve the dancer asking me what kind of work do I do. For the most part I'm honest about what I do while keeping it some what vague on specific details I don't want her to know. I usually tell them I work on math and science stuff. I sort of like the stunned look I get sometimes.

I've always though I'd skip the over head of having a fabricated line of work. However, I think this may be a bad strategy. Yesterday, I told this dancer what I do in general, and shortly thereafter she says: "well you should be able to afford a $30 LD + tip in that line of work." (For the record it wasn't an "afford" issue. It's the principle of it compared to nearby clubs that only charge $20 LD + tip.")

Q1. Do ya'll tell dancers what you really do for a living? (Seems to work well for farmerart but he's got a much more forgiving budget than I do.) Or is "customer shit" call for to balance the SS?

Q2. Do ya'll think what you tell the dancer you do for a living influences what price she expects out of you? (Probably a rhetorical question, but sadly hadn't thought of it before.)

Comments?

36 comments

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    I tell them what I do.

IME it has not impact on pricing.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    I think I'm gonna try and new line admit that I'm a human trafficker. What do you guys think? Will they accept me for who I am or spazz out about it?
  • MojoDojo
    11 years ago
    I think you'll have to 'splain it to 'em Ricky.

S: So what do you do for a living handsome?

D: Well baby I'm a Human Trafficker...

S: Oh really. How fascinating! Do you give out lots of tickets? I got a ticket last week can you help me make it go away?

D: Uhhh baby I ain't no Traffic Cop!!!
  • mmdv26
    11 years ago
    "Gee, in that line of work you should be stupid enough to pay 50% more than market rate around here", says the dancer.

Q1: Yes I tell strippers what I do for a living. I build high-end custom homes, and the most common comment from a stripper is "How much would it cost to build me one?" Sometimes I say, "Oh 50 or 60 thousand dances." Other times I say, "How many rooms do you want?" Either way they have to think about it some. FWIW, 2000-2008 were very good years financially for me, and it showed by how much I spent at SC's. I was fortunate to have about half of normal volume in 2008-2012, and coupled with a bout with prostate cancer in 2011 that left Willey a piss-dribbling retard for a year, I have not been going going to the club much these days.

Q2: I set the tone for how much I will be spending. For example dancers occasionally ask how many dances will I be getting today, and I might reply that it depends on how much she charges for each. I will suggest we do one (at market rate) and then we'll see about more. I don't pay $30 for a single lap dance, so if the opens with that amount, we're done before we start.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    I generally just say 'consultant' and hope not to be pressed further, it's not a topic I care to discuss.

Sometimes I make something up just for entertainment from bank executive to producer. I've said I was a "cocksman" before, was obviously not a term they were familiar with.

Never thought it had much of an effect.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I tell them I work for the Michigan Film Commission and I'm in search of extras
  • MojoDojo
    11 years ago
    Spelunker here to do a little exploration

Gynocologist on field assignment

All American Coxswain practicing my docking skills

Wild Animal Trainer specializing in the taming of exotic North American pussies

Talent Scout on the hunt for the best pole dancer for the new reality series "Pole Position 2013"

Intercontinental Cunnilinguis Champion promoting my new coffee table book titled "Digg'n The Ditch"

US Sphincter Inspector taking measurements for a national survey on IQ and sphincter dynamics aka The How Many Fingers Test.

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I tell them the truth that I am retired. Then they usually ask what I did before I retired and I again tell them who I worked for but I never tell them what I did because my job was so unique that there are only about 1500 people in the U.S. currently doing it and therefore hardly anybody understands what I did and I don't want to have to try to explain it.

It has never had an impact on what I pay for dances or other services.
  • MojoDojo
    11 years ago
    Ok I'll bite, Mr Cat... (knowing full well you just said that you don't like to 'splaine what you used to do) what the fuck did you do pre-retirement?

Color me curious...
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    @Mojo: it would probably would go down like that too.

@jestie: you do realize that most people understand "consultant" to be a euphemism for "unemployed" don't you?
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    I would never tell a dancer what I do. Few know outside a very few friends.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "I think I'm gonna try and new line admit that I'm a human trafficker"

I hope they try to get you arrested.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Sounds fun shadow, especially without modern computers.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    I always tell them the truth. It's fun to watch their eyes glaze over in trying to understand it.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I generalize the type of work I do when asked. Only once or twice has a dancer been knowledgable enough or cared enough to ask more specifically about my work. Once or twice a dancer asked what I do during the job and then I started explaining and it probably went in one ear and out the other.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    One time a dancer told me what she was studying to be and I knew very little about it, some type of law degree, and she generalized it to be a lawyer. I didn't ask anymore about it. It was hard enough to hear and I didn't really care that much anyway. One time I met a smart and pretty dancer who claimed she already graduated from college with a degree. She told me she was still working as a stripper because she was making more money stripping than if she worked in her profession. She said something about making as much as possible and then switching careers. I only met one dancer with that kind of story who was both very intelligent and pretty.
  • pabloantonio
    11 years ago
    I tell them the truth. It has never affected the lap dance price.
  • yegi
    11 years ago
    <i>Q1. Do ya'll tell dancers what you really do for a living? (Seems to work well for farmerart but he's got a much more forgiving budget than I do.) Or is "customer shit" call for to balance the SS?

Q2. Do ya'll think what you tell the dancer you do for a living influences what price she expects out of you? (Probably a rhetorical question, but sadly hadn't thought of it before.)</i>

I can't really answer the first question, but yes telling girls what you do for a living will likely result in the girl expecting you to be a bigger spender. I hear a lot of things from my dancer friends such as "You should try such and such club, a lot of stockbrokers and bankers go there," or "I've worked at x club and a lot of the guys are the rich married types with wives, they have money." Things to that extent.

I myself have not directly done this on an individual basis, but whenever I go looking for new places to work I try to keep in mind the demographics of area the clubs are in, to get an idea of what the local clientele would be like and if I would have the look for them to maximize my income (besides reading reviews of the club to get an idea of the place).

Sharkhunter has a great idea, if you want to tell them to truth you can generalize what you do. "Oh, I do this and that, pretty boring stuff." Try to trail away from what you actually do and follow up with something else, like another topic (the club for example). "Oh I do this sort of stuff, nothing too interesting. How do you like working here?"

I think in your case you were unfortunate and happened upon a very pushy dancer. It's tactless and not a good sales skill. But yes dancers will judge you based on what your profession is.
  • yegi
    11 years ago
    ^tell them to truth, typo.
  • yegi
    11 years ago
    ^the truth*
  • Dain
    11 years ago
    I tell them that I work for the state, in bank regulating. Only once did I get asked about the soundness of a particular bank. Since it happened to be my own, I could tell her.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I tell them my true profession: Certified Pussy Inspector. Then I ask for the professional discount.
  • jerikson40
    11 years ago
    I generally don't want to discuss such things, so I try to cut it short as quickly as possible. None of her business, and talking about real world stuff and my personal life is the last thing I want to do in a club. I want her to tell my how she's gonna make me cum and how she thinks I have a big dick and stuff like that...y'know, important stuff.

So usually when she asks "So what do you do for work?" I respond with "I don't". Confusion then sets in with the dancer, and she starts trying to figure if I'm an out of work bum or just real wealthy and don't have to work. In any case it's usually sufficient to stun her long enough so I can change the subject..."Damn, I really like those heels/your outfit/that nailpolish/your hair/your legs/that belly button ring/etc.!!"

• DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I always tell them the truth, that I work for a pharmaceutical distributor. Some of them have a vague concept of what that means and ask if I'm a drug dealer. I always say "Sort of". Then they want to know if I can get them certain items from the controlled substance area (usually some form of pain killer) and then I ask them if they want me to get fired. But before I worked there, I told them the truth anyway, because it's just easier to remember.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    While I haven't always done so, I now them the truth, and no, it doesn't seem to have made a difference in eventual price.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    Willy Wonka - and I own a candy factory.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Secret Shopper.
  • Player11
    11 years ago
    I tell them what I do: professional w grad degree doing financial consulting, managing my coin business, occasionally teaching college evening acctg

I would not dumb down what I do to dodge rob. If dances not at club posted rate they won't be getting my biz.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Payer11: "occasionally teaching college evening acctg"

LOL! Do you open up your excel spreadsheets to show the students how to calculated amortized, inflation-adjusted POP for the $75 crack-whores that you bareback in their trailers?
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Payer11: "I tell them what I do: professional w grad degree doing financial consulting,"

I hope you don't leave out the part about your VIP membership in several Houston clubs!
  • scatterbrain
    11 years ago
    I sometimes tell them, "I do as little as possible, for the most amount of money."....wait, we DO have something in common, go figure.
  • cnyknight
    11 years ago
    i usually tell dancers i work in telecom which is a fancy way of saying im a glorified computer nerd ... it gets a laugh. i never say what company or specifics.

i once tried being a mamographer ... but this joke didnt seem to play out so well.

one thing i have recently done is set my tip rate for the area ... vips i tip 5 bucks a dance period. 4 dances 4x5 is 20 etc. seems to help my sc budget a lot.

• Clackport
    11 years ago
    I used to tell them the truth, but the more I thought about it the more I realized I don't want these girls knowing what I do, so recently I have been telling them I hustle.
  • she_is_covfefe
    11 years ago
    I tend to ask that question AFTER the sale is made. Better odds of getting a truthful answer IME.
  • goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    I say I have a boring office job, which is true for the most part. I leave out references to forensic accounting bc I'm afraid some will assume a connection to LE, even though I'm not.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion