tuscl

Why do a lot of the hot dancers work so much?

Clackport
Washington
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:54 PM
It would seem to me that the average looking dancers would have to work that much because they are not making a lot of money every day. But what about the hot dancers? I know quite a few hot ones that do VIPs all night and make very good money, but yet it seems like they are there every day. They can make anywhere from 500-1000 bucks on a Friday or Saturday night. That one night should be enough to cover their bills and expenses for at least that week. Yet it seems like they are there every single day. I've asked a few of the hot ones why they work so much and their reply was they don't have anything to do so they just come to work. I've always been a little interested in understanding strippers psychologically. Does that speak them not having friends in the real world? Wouldn't they want to party with their friends some Friday and Saturday nights? It almost seems like they practically live in the strip club. Maybe they have a pimp/loser boyfriend that's making them work and make money every day? Maybe they are drug addicts and they need to work a lot because their drug habit is expensive? Maybe they just love stripping that much? I realize that it could be all of those things. For you TUSCLers that have personally gotten to know hot strippers that work a lot, what's the most common reason for why they work so much? Also for the TUSCLers that don't know a lot of strippers personally, feel free to throw in some guesses.

41 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    They love $$$
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    True dat Papi, but my point is they make enough money to be living comfortably only working 1 or 2 days a week. And yes I know they buy a lot of clothes and shoes etc. I'm not talking about the girls that work 2 or 3 days a week. I'm talking about the girls that work at least 5 days a week.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    I haven't met many dancers who work 5 days a week.
  • gsv
    11 years ago
    Have to pay for the drugs to keep them looking so hot.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I guess my experience has been quite different. The truly hot dancers I've known only do work 1 or 2 days per week. It's the average to below average girls that are there 5 to 7 days per week.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Most people have a pretty much unlimited desire for money. If you make more than your lifestyle just adapts an you need to keep going. Stepping down is hard. What do you make again, nukey? $15/hr? Even if you got a clue and some education somehow and went to $30 (which must seem like a fortune to some as poor as you are) you would quickly adapt and want even more.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I think it depends on the girl and not necessarily the hotness? I met a superhot 22 y/o about 2 months ago and she said she worked about 5 to 6 days a week. She said she was saving up $$$ to start her own business. Some girls “may” have a plan to go at it hard for a certain amount of time and try to get to a certain $$$ goal and then bail into something else? Not saying it’s the norm, but … Some may like “the best things in life” and want to make a lot of $$$ so they can spend a lot of $$$ If there are workaholics in other professions why not dancing?
  • jerikson40
    11 years ago
    I'll have to agree with Mr. Motorhead. Hot dancers, in general, only work those times where they can get maximum return on their investment. They don't work dayshift, that's usually the less attractive and more 'needy' dancers. Hot dancers will work the Friday and Saturday late night shifts, but certainly not Monday evenings, for example. Sure, there are a few exceptions, but in general I think the rule applies. In fact I'm surprised that the OP feels differently. And hell, I sure wish the hot dancers DID work all the time, because I'd love to see some hot dancers show up on a dayshift or some of the less popular times, since I rarely, if ever, can make it to a club late on a Friday or Saturday night. But I thought it was one of those universal laws, like the law that says the hotter the girl the lower the mileage....the hotter the girl, the less she works.
  • jerikson40
    11 years ago
    BTW, I think another universal rule that applies to women in general is that they feel stripping is a job for sluts and whores, and no girl wants to be a slut or a whore. So when they work as strippers they feel bad about themselves. And the hotter the stripper, the more they feel they are "too good" for everything, including stripping. So I'm convinced that hotter strippers have more disdain for their job than less hot strippers. They think that they are entitled to a wonderful life because people have been telling them how beautiful they are all of their lives, and even though they don't believe it, they think they SHOULD be on the arm of some really handsome rich guy because they're hot, and they deserve a really handsome rich guy.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    if they're super hot and bank 1k-2k weekly, why the hell do they have a pimp for? THey can pimp themselves
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Maybe they have a pimp/loser boyfriend that's making them work and make money every day? Maybe they are drug addicts and they need to work a lot because their drug habit is expensive? " Likely reasons. Or just GREED!
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    They are hot and have an appetite for the finer and more expensive things in life. Working a lot keeps them in $$$ so that they can shop for whatever they want. Lol but they'll still be late with the rent.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    I know one who works 4 - 5 days but n Most of the money goes up her nose or in her arm. Another is a saver. Schedules 3 or 4 shifts but is a walk-in another 2 or 3 shifts. She's pretty close mouthed about her earnings, but one time mentioned investments of $250k.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    I know one who works 4 - 5 days but n Most of the money goes up her nose or in her arm. Another is a saver. Schedules 3 or 4 shifts but is a walk-in another 2 or 3 shifts. She's pretty close mouthed about her earnings, but one time mentioned investments of $250k.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    Ranukam, Of all the suppositions you posed, all but one is logical. The exception: Dancers who can makes $500-1,000 per shift. I don't see how anyone who only makes the lower end of that range supporting themselves. Dancers are usually required to work a minimum amount of hours per week, and/or a minimum number of shifts. Most dancers I've ever known work a min. of three shifts/week. Usually six hours/shift is the expectation. So that only leaves two or three more shifts to account for the "excessive" work. All of the rest of your points and those of others made are quite valid. Here in Seattle, I do know of one dancer who works as much as she can-- I see her every time I'm at her club (day or night). She could be a six-shift/week dancer. I wouldn't consider her "hot," but she is a well-known extras provider. She is also a well-known drug user.
  • Ironcat
    11 years ago
    Maybe some realize that the hotness and beauty only last so long, especially if they are heavy drinkers and drug users. It could be a "make hay when the sun shines" situation - make the money while the pussy is still fresh. I've seen too many dancers get old and fat in a matter of a couple years. Of course, I doubt if many think that far ahead.
  • she_is_covfefe
    11 years ago
    Dancing is a good workout, so they come to work often to remain hot. I used to come everyday when I first started to lose weight and it worked awesomely. It's also how I lost the remaining baby weight. I'm not currently dancing due to health reasons, fyi.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "She is also a well-known drug user." That requires a CONSTANT inflow of cash!
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    j40: " So I'm convinced that hotter strippers have more disdain for their job than less hot strippers" I disagree. For man of the super hot ones the whole escence of their being is looks/seduction/sexuality/sex. Sometimes to the point, check this out, where they even like some aspects of the job. I also feel that their looks often allows them to live with being a whore easier than women of lesser looks. They can think "yeah, I may a whore, but at least I'm hot" which feels better than "not only am I whore but I'm nothing to look at either".
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    I would agree that most of the hot girls don't work that often, but I'm seeing a lot more hotties working a lot nowadays, maybe due to the economy? Yes I understand the more you work the more money you make, and I understand stripping is a short career so they have to maximize their potential cash. I'm kind of looking at this psychologically. If they work that much do they even have lives outside the strip club? Do they have a shortage of friends outside the strip club?Working 5 to 6 days a week is practically living inside the strip club. If they were saving their money for future things I would understand why they would work that much, but we all know most strippers don't save their money. But even if the hot ones are bad with their money they shouldn't have to work 5-7 days a week just to make ends meet. That doesn't make sense to me.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Is there a chicken crossing a road somewhere?
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    The more they make per shift, the higher the motivation is to work more shift. Also, it has nothing to do with 'need.' The more $ they make, the more ways they find to spend it.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    @JayJay sorry to hear, get well soon. Two of the worst things about dancing are 1) sitting around bored when it's slow, and 2) having to dance for guys you would walk away from if you didn't really need the money. A more successful dancer has less of these than a less successful one. And, of course, hotness is a huge factor in success.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Again I don't buy into the premise but if you do a very attractive woman would probably have an assortment of opportunities outside the club. This might drive them to work a little harder.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I think it's for the money.
  • Experimental
    11 years ago
    Once they get beyond traditional college age, it is a fact that most of these strippers no matter how hot won't have many "regular" friends. Once girls start geting married, getting real jobs, having kids a stripper is the last person they want to hang with. Chicks are far more judgemental than we are. They don't want a stripper around their hubby, kid, and they damn sure don't want to hang around someone who makes money so easy while they slave away at their 9 to 5 and lucky to make 160 a day.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    @experimental: I totally agree. They other have other industry 'friends' after a certain point. Hell... after a certain point I have trouble tolerating the career girls even as a cutsie.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    With fewer overall customers and more dancers working I think all of the dancers, the hot and not-so-hot have to work longer to make what they could have made in half the time a few years ago. A sign of the economic times we live in.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    I know of one stripper who is a total social misfit outside of the club.She often walks into open manholes outside of the club.When she finds herself in times of trouble she will work more hours and bury herself in the advice of club workers and custies.She has zero friends outside of her club [view link]'s a shame because she has everything it takes to slay the outside world.I am guessing that the club is her safe zone.
  • jerikson40
    11 years ago
    Experimental, that's probably the most insightful post I've seen on here in a very long time. And I'm guessing you're probably exactly right. I never thought of it that way, but damn, I think you nailed it.
  • jerikson40
    11 years ago
    "When talent works hard, it's unstoppable." Oh, and Bullwinkle...with all due respect...um, dude, what are you smoking? We're talking about strippers, remember?
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    Welp, at the club I work at we're required to put in 4 shifts a week OR pay a jump-on fee that ranges from $75-$150 for each shift under 4 that we work. So, even if I make $1000 one night I still have to come in the other 3 or pay the club... and I don't care how much money I'm making, I'm not giving the club any more money than I already have to. Sometimes you just want to buy something completely fucking ridiculous and in order to feel better about it you just work an extra day so it isn't cutting into your "necessary" money. @experimental - It's true, but that's a blessing in disguise. I generally don't want to hang out with boring/judgmental people anyway. I like hanging out with dancers: they're always down to do cool shit, they can afford it, and they aren't constantly whining about men. BTW, @jerikson40 - If you have such a low opinion of strippers why do you even go into strip clubs?
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    For one club I am familiar with, in order to work the lucrative Friday and Saturday night shifts, you have to work the whole shift one day that week. Often, since they get girls from well out of town, this means they often have far more dancers than seems prudent for Thursday night, and sometimes even Sunday night. Of course, that doesn't explain why some girls are there all the time. My one old favorite used to be at her club every day of the week except Sunday (an option open to her) and Wednesday, but while I think she loved the money, I'm of the opinion she didn't have much of a social life away from the club.
  • Lionshare
    11 years ago
    Theyre basically small bussiness owners and independent contractors. Most small bussiness owners work mind blowing hours. Hell I work 7 days a week every week and squeeze a weekend trip in every once in a while. Just because they make 1000 In one night doesnt mean she wants to stop right there. If anything it might mitivate her to make more. Why bring home 1000 in a night when you can clearly bring home 6000 in 6 nights. My atf works six nights a week unless I take her out on a date that week. Then she will take date night and the next night off typically for a break. She can make 1-2 grand every night, which is confirmed visually by me. So I would work as much as possible if I were her.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Duo addressed a key point, a lot of places make dancers work X number of shifts and/or X number of off peak shifts to be allowed to work the peak ones.
  • Player11
    11 years ago
    My atf puts all her stripping, hooking money into her house, law school, a sports car, and a truck for her husbands business. It does not go to drugs or entertainment. Sometimes she will go on a trip with her stripper girlfriends to somewhere like Miami or Vegas as a girls getaway (hookers trip).
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… Do they have a shortage of friends outside the strip club?Working 5 to 6 days a week is practically living inside the strip club …” I think you are looking at it thru custie’s goggles. As a custie, it’s hard to imagine oneself being in a SC 5 or 6 days a week. But it needs to be looked at from the point of view that that is their *job*. Plenty of people work 60+ hours/wk in their profession. And a lot of those jobs are probably a lot more demanding in many ways compared to dancing – IMO. “… Hell I work 7 days a week …” Case in point. I’m sure many of us do, or have, worked as many or more hours as a lot of dancers.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Maybe the club requires working the extra days or the dancers must pay a huge fine or are not allowed to work at all if they don't work the days required by the club. I've heard dancers tell me they would only work the weekend when I'm there if not for the club requiring them to work other days. On the other hand, maybe the dancer is very intelligent and pretty and has a plan to make a million dollars and retire before she gets to 30. Then she will have to manage her investments wisely. If she collects 3.5% from her investments to live on each year, that is only 35,000 a year. To make up for inflation at 3% plus a 3.5% withdrawal per year, she'll need to have her investments go up at least 7.5% per year or she'll run out of money. She might think she needs 2 million to retire but if inflation gets bad, she'll still be screwed. Then if our government ever causes our currency to collapse, she wil be ready to buy a gun and go visit some politicians like millions of other Amercans who will be ready to get rid of all those good for nothing politicians. I wonder if these same dancers are stocking up on guns and ammo to defend their retirement money? It could be part of a pattern. :)
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    If the dancer says she is an NRA member, has a black belt, and works long hours, maybe there is a pattern. You could ask her what she plans to do after making her first million.
  • jerikson40
    11 years ago
    duo sez: "BTW, @jerikson40 - If you have such a low opinion of strippers why do you even go into strip clubs?" Well, I'm sure you'll agree that anyone's opinion of strippers is totally irrelevant to whether or not they should go to clubs where strippers work...I mean, come on, just because you use their service doesn't mean you have to think highly of them, right? I despise lawyers, but.... But far more importantly, I don't have a low opinion of what strippers do, I think they are very honorable in that they make others feel good. I respect the profession very much. They're like doctors. What I was addressing was not strippers, but Bullwinkle's weird rambling post describing strippers that are like Michael Jordan. In an ideal world, yeah, we'd see a lot of strippers who were highly talented, driven, and hard working. And of course, there are some. But we also know that is, by far, the exception, not the rule. Many strippers don't want to do what they're doing, feel bad about it, but realize it's a relatively easy way for someone with few skills to make some good money for relatively few hours of work, if they are willing to turn off their gag reflex at having to be strippers. Yeah, there are exceptions, those strippers who are driven and hard working and want to make a solid career of being the best damn stripper they can be, and at the top of their game like Michael Jordan. But you tell me, how prevalent is that?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion