tuscl

Bad Club Repeats

Monday, April 15, 2013 5:08 AM
How many times do you find yourself re-visiting a club that you already know is a bad club? I have one club that really really sucks (not in a good way) that is close to my home so I drive by it almost daily. I know there are much better clubs out there. I know the last time I was there I told myself "Never again!" I know the girls are on the low end of average at best and there is very low mileage in the private dances. I can't think of any redeeming quality of the club. But...after driving by the clubber for a couple of months, these dumb thoughts start coming into my head. I start thinking "What if they have new girls working there?" and "What if these girls are way hotter and give great private dances?" So now these thoughts are fighting my previous knowledge of the club every time I drive by. The dumb thoughts start to get even dumber with thoughts like "Maybe the last 6 times I was in there those were just off nights and I'm really missing out on some fun times in there." Finally one day, I stop by again and get to re-discover how crappy this place is and I hate myself for going there again. This cycle was reset for me recently, this time I will remain strong and stay away. Does this happen to anybody else? Or am I the only dumbass who keeps repeating badness?

15 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I can see how that can happen when the shitty club is the closest one to you and it is a long drive to the better ones. Once you resign yourself to the longer drive, it gets better. :)
  • magicrat
    11 years ago
    Cre....you are definitely not the only one. Hell I drive an hour + to go to a shitty club hoping it will get better. As 'cat said, sometimes that's our only choice though unless we want to make a day out of it and a much longer drive
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    I have a few like that, including Scandals in Long Island City (Queens NY), Art's Performing Center in Milwaukee and King's Cabaret in Dallas. These clubs are just so damned conveniently located that I cannot help but revisit them once every year or two and each visit just sucks worse than the last. In fact, in at least two of those 3 cases, I suspect that they would not be in business at all were it not for their proximity to downtown hotels.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    I do that shit all the time, too. I'm always giving dumps second (and sometimes third) chances. Sometimes it works out OK but usually not.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    Tell me about it. I am exiled to the SC wasteland of western Canada. It is about 2000km to a half way decent club in Vancouver and even farther to a good club in Toronto or somewhere in USA. I have sworn off forever all the Calgary clubs but I will still beat myself up with visits to Edmonton area clubs from time to time.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Maybe I'd give a bad club 1 additional chance. After that - NO MORE!
  • Player11
    11 years ago
    I can't say I blame u for seeing if there is improvement in the bad club. I am lucky here in se Houston. I used to have ricks south 5 minutes from me but shut down. Ritz at 15 min away next closer - super club. Heartbreakers, legs cabaret, lipstick, sinfully young not much further.
  • Dolfan
    11 years ago
    I do it pretty often. There are two locations around here that have been a few different names, but I've never had a good time at either under any name. I still go to one or the other every few months to check in with the hopes its improved. I will say though, the club I'm currently visiting most often was a club I swore I never set foot in again after the first time I was there. Around here, and I presume like most other places, clubs change a lot - especially the smaller ones. When the clubs are so conveniently located, I don't see a whole lot of downside to stopping in from time to time. Most clubs I'm only out $20 and 30 minutes to check in. If it sucks, I just move on to an ol reliable. I can't see myself going much out of the way to give a club a 2nd/3rd chance though.
  • jacobs.patrick7
    11 years ago
    For me, it's either going to a bad club or a regular bar. Coin flip. I'm in DC - enough said.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Don’t beat yourself up too much about it – it’s just a simple case of the little head doing the thinking rather than the big head – it happens!!! The little head often times makes us do things other than just going to bad SCs.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    When you're like me and you live in the strip club wasteland of Omaha, there's nothing to do but visit bad strip clubs. You can always hope they improve, but mostly all that happens is they get a different set of boring strippers. That's why I always used to make Kansas and Des Moines road trips, but they've gotten boring, too. I wish I could afford to fly to Detroit or something.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    Good thread! I too used to have that problem. It's interesting that someone finally brought it up for discussion. I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only with who's experienced that. The word "convenience," is the most common word in the above comments. The lure of the *convenient* strip club brings us all in hoping the next time will be better. When I lived in L.A. and had tons of clubs to choose from, I suffered from the "convenience syndrome." Now that I live in Seattle where there are far fewer and less interesting clubs, I don't have that problem. I've developed a few favorite dancers among various clubs and usually do my club-going specifically to see my faves.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    Welp, I definetely know NOT to go to scandals. Anyway, once, when I did a repeat to Private Eyes in Manhattan. Was feeling desperate and really didn't want to pay for entrance fee so I went. Deluded myself that my first visit there was just a very bad fluke. Apparently it was not and never went since my second trip. Same for its sister club New York Dolls in downtown manhattan. But I was more hampering for instant clubbing and didn't want to travel when it was RIGHT next to my job after work. Treated it all the same. You just gotta learn to control your hormones and be patient is all really if you want the good stuff.
  • goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    Sometimes you gotta take what you can get, especially if you're looking for something open early in the afternoon
  • StripReviewer
    11 years ago
    Lucky me the only bad club I've ever been to is 4 or 500 miles away, and no I wouldn't drop in even if I was passing by.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion