tuscl

How much to stage tip.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I was recently asked how much I usually tip a dancer on stage. So I thought that I would toss that out there this morning. 98% of my tips are $1. I'm not really interested in the stage performance, so I do it to get there attention. On the rare occassions that I tip more, it is usually because she is a favorite and I am trying to show my appreciation.

40 comments

• jackslash
    12 years ago
    $1 is the right tip, in my opinion. I only tip dancers on stage that I would like to get dances from, and any tip lets them know I'm interested. The problem with a big tip, like $25, is that if the dancer is already with a customer she will go back to him and you've lost $25. But if she's free, $1 is enough.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    But if I really like a dancer, I don't just give her a tip. I give her the whole thing.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Typical for me is $1. If I am interested in her, then $5. If, as jack mentions, she is already with a customer, and am interested, I don't bother with her unless I see she becomes "free".

As for sc'c comment, "On the rare occassions that I tip more, it is usually because she is a favorite and I am trying to show my appreciation."

I can agree with the above, but I tip her when she comes back to sit with me. That gives her more opportunity to "thank" me properly.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    $2 - it ain't the eighties anymore.
  • Dolfan
    12 years ago
    I usually tip $2, I'm not sure why - I think I'm gonna go back to $1.

Favs tend to get more, either multiple trips with smaller amounts or one larger tip. I'll also tip more if I'm looking to do a more thorough inspection before investing more than a few bucks. I don't generally use a large tip to get attention, if I want a girl to come over its much more effective to let her know that. Not only are my intentions clearer, but generally they'll make theirs clear too: "Sure!" or "I'm with someone already"
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    $1 or $2.

$1 is standard if I'm sitting there or walk up to get her attention. $2 if there are a few people tipping and I want to insure she stops by my table.

On a rare occasions I'll lay down a $5 if I really want her to stop by and it's busy.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    I tip $100 and $200......$2,500 is just none since a $100 gets the job dun like a fuckin pump
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    I tip at least $2 cause the dollar is such a joke now. Besides, tipping just a dollar makes me think of that old movie "Trading Places". I wish it was customary to put a tip jar on the edge of the stage. I tip when I enjoy the stage dance, not for the butt pop to my crotch with a 3 second grind. I could live without the trashy custom of throwing the girl's tips onto the stage floor. Kudos to the floormen who give the performer a little dignity by picking up the floor tips for her.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    $1 or $2 a dance depnding if I am interested. That way if she is already with someonelse you are not out much.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    I'm with the $2. crowd. I think the expectation is $1. per song while you're sitting at the stage, but as deogol indicated, $1 was appropriate a long time ago. But, I usually just tip $2. for the time the dancer's on stage. First, I only sit at the stage when I see a dancer that I like. Usually that's limited to the dancer(s) I came in to see. Once she's off the stage, then I go back to my regular seat. If it's a new dancer that I like, my intention is to signal to her that I'd be interested in dances. Usually they'll come over to my table afterward.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    $1...they are going to blow it on drugs anyways
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    I do know a few ROBs who say "I'm worth more than a dollar" but these are the same ROBs who complain even when you tip $2 saying they are worth more. Nothing is ever enough for these ROBs so no point in trying to impress them.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    When I do decide to become part of the 1% of the crowd that tips, usually just a dollar but on rare occasions two or more. Now if she smiles and seems to appreciate the tip, I might tip her multiple times throughout the night if I like her. If she acts like I should piss off, no more tips as long as I remember her. That could last anywhere from one to three weeks or maybe longer. I have to work hard for my money, she should at least do something for a few seconds for the money in my opinion.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    If I know someone is a ROB, I would never tip them.
  • tumblingdice
    12 years ago
    Shad!Just give them your Milkyway.
  • Otto22
    12 years ago
    I used to tip $1....30 years ago. Now I tip $2 unless I really want to attract some attention. Then I will tip $4-5.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    #1 answer ! Servay says $1 !!!!!
  • tumblingdice
    12 years ago
    Slackers.
  • Clackport
    12 years ago
    I normally tip 2 bucks per song. If it's a really good stageshow I'll put up 4 or 5 bucks. I've occasionally put up 5 dollar bills. If the stageshow is terrible, she's only getting 1 buck.
  • Djscudmaster
    12 years ago
    I'm with sharkhunter on this. If she smiles I tip her more if I like her bod. Now if she's hot or bootylicious then I tip her more than $1 at a time maybe one per cheek then ya know
  • Ironcat
    12 years ago
    At my favorite club they give out the 2 dollar bills as change so I usually am looking to get rid of those before I leave. If I have singles I'll use those since very few people during the daytime shift stage tip, so any tip is appreciated. If I see a 9 or10 on stage I'll occasionally tip a 5 which never fails to get their attention. If the club was busier or more people stage tipped then I might do things differently. I find that the stage side dances usually give you a good idea about what the couch room dances will be like, so I like to get them as often as I can.
  • Rivertwice
    12 years ago
    I tip a buck unless I want her to get her attention. Then I'll tip a buck or two more.
    Pretty much my thoughts are you tip to show what kind of guy you are. If you want to be known then you can go big and if you just want to follow the pack $1 will do.
    Just remember it's a fine line between getting known and being a PL.
  • gawker
    12 years ago
    I stopped at the bank and got $50 in $2 bills once. Some of the dancers were a little unsure about them. I usually tip $2 and if I really like a dancer and she pays attention to m e I'll put $5 out. My ATF usually gets a $20.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    stumblingdice - Couldn't stay away, Eh? I'll be using the old peppermint patty trick on them this next week. lol.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    I normally don’t stage tip b/c I normally don’ t sit by the stage.

If I do go to the stage to tip, it is b/c I want to get the dancer’s attention – so then I’ll tip a couple of bucks (4 or 5).

When it comes to the sucky ass tip-walk/parade, then I’ll just tip a dollar – but if the dancer interests me or if she gives me a little bit of a show while asking for her tip, then I’ll tip a couple of bucks (3 or 4) - if she just pulls out her G-string, then it’s just a $1, if anything at all - depending on my mood (since I hate that tip walk shit),

Rarely, but sometimes, I’ll sit by the stage for a while. When I do this, I’ll usually tip more than a dollar (usually about 3) b/c I want to be there (but if the dancer doesn’t give me any special attention while I’m tipping her, then it’s just a $1).

The few times I’ll purposely sit stage side will be at a place like Tootsies in Miami since their stage side is pretty good (those familiar w/ Tootsies may agree).

• samsung1
    12 years ago
    next topic question shall be "how much do you tip a waitress for your drink?" I typically tip a dollar plus whatever change there may be. A drink of $6 will receive a $1 tip. A drink of $6.25 will receive a $1.75 tip. A waitress serving food will receive a 20-30% tip depending on good she was
  • 3LeggedMan
    12 years ago
    One dollar says "that was nice", but two says "that was nice and I like you". Even more indicates you really want her attention.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    PP in Columbia, gives you change in $2 bills, as a hint.

Not surprisingly, it seems like strippers tend to have a fascination with cash. They get mildly excited by $2 bills if they haven't seen them often. When they find out I've been to Canada, I end up bringing them a full sets of coins from a Twoney on down to a maple leaf penny.

If you want to get a really big smile for you $1 or $2 bills, bring em to Canada. The smallest Canadian bill is $5 and stage tipping has pretty much died out there. Last time I was up there, I asked one girl to bring my tip to the one on stage, which of course lead to little PG-13 girl-girl action. And everyone in the club was like what a concept! how did you ever think of that! Feels good to spread a little American know-how around the world.
  • TxVegas
    12 years ago
    I tip $2. I don't usually sit stage side, so any tip is after I have walked up there and it is to express interest in dances when they finish their rotation.
  • she_is_covfefe
    12 years ago
    Two or three is the most common. I usually get about two or three.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    I try to be honest with myself. If I'm getting dances, I'm probably not seeing much of the stage show, or just using it as "advertising" to decide who to get a dance from. If I'm not getting dances, and the stage is my main source of entertainment, then I feel obliged to tip.
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    Usually $1. Sometimes more for a fav, often more if there is above average interaction stage side.

However, I have a rule against tipping larger denominations stage side. IME the dancer doesn't always recognize that you're giving her a larger denomination big (she's just not paying that close of attention). If I'm try to make a point (for whatever reason) that I'm tipping more than $1, I lay down multiple $1 so it's clear that there's more than one bill involved and therefore more than $1.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    I don't know why, but it seems like the chances of being thanked for a $1-2 tip are much better than for a bigger tip. Although ladies, it kinda embarasses me to be thanked for two bucks, not really necessary.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    Stage side tips don't often amount to much in clubs I visit unless someone makes it rain money. Lap dances are where they really make the money. If you are getting lap dances you get noticed. Stage side tips are like throwing peanuts from the gallery. They might appreciate a five versus a one or two dollar bill but if you aren't buying lap dances, you'll get ignored anyway.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    99.8% percent of the people ho visit don't tip most of the dancers on stage. In one club I believe dancers pay extra and don't ever seem to dance on the stage.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I have never tipped a stage
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    $2 minimum, more if I'm trying to get her attention. I used to try and tip most every dancer during my visits, but that got too damn expensive and many of the dancers didn't seem to appreciate it, so fuck 'em.
  • occurious
    12 years ago
    Ok I realize most dancers make their money on LD's these days but still if they're getting up there and taking it off give them something. If I'm sitting at the stage I do a minimum of $2 a song, if she puts some effort into it and doesn't look like it's killing here then I frequently go more. I also go more if I notice other jerks sitting there and not tipping or being very cheap. Its called being polite.
  • Electronman
    12 years ago
    I've tipped 1, 2 or, on rare occasions, 5 dollars but I've never noticed any difference in the dancer's response to the amount of tip. For me, the function of a tip is to say "thanks" or "thanks and stop by if you want to sell a lap dance." Thus, I typically tip 1 or 2 dollars and have a brief conversation with the dancer at the stage.

If I want a dancer to stop by after her stage routine, the content of the conversation seems to be much more important than the amount of the tip.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    One point I didn't mention before, most all the clubs I visit have the often hated "tip walk". So you have the sort of forced tip and the same holds true for that. $1 for most all, up to $5 if I wish them to return after they finish the walk. Usually if I give a $5, they'll ask if I wish them to return.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion