tuscl

Do you often meet dancers that seem to come from an alternate reality?

Sunday, March 10, 2013 9:40 PM
Example 1. I meet a dancer last night who says "I haven't seen you in a long time. Where have you been? I've been visiting the same club, same time for the last few weeks. I didn't bother to answer. She must have been working different days if she was still working at the same club. Exampe 2. A dancer hugs me and says she hasn't seen me in two years. Next week she sees me again and says again she hasn't seen me in two years. Talk about forgetful. However with alcohol possibly involved, lots of noise, flashing lights, a massive crowd and people stopping and talking to you left and right, I understand how it would be easy to forget you just talked to someone or maybe I look like someone else. If a dancer was drinking, that might explain why she is forgetful. What do you think? Dancers have trouble remembering?

20 comments

• lopaw
    11 years ago
    Every dancer I meet seems to come from a reality other than the one that I am presently in. I figure it goes with the territory.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    Strange visitor(s) from another planet...
  • goldmongerATL
    11 years ago
    I get alternate remembrances from dancers so often I'm wondering if I have an evil twin somewhere around town. I have dancers bitch at me for not calling, etc. and I don't know them at all.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    I think they have lines they just repeat regardless of context. A common one around here seems to be "We've met before! No, I remember! You bough a bunch of dances from me!" Why they come up with these particular lines is quite a mystery to me. Not sure what the reasoning is on why they expect them to work. Is the customer supposed to be thinking "Hmmm... I don't remember getting dances from her, but she seems confident, so I guess I did. And I also note she is using 'dances' in the plural not singular, so it must have been more than one, so it must have been good else I would have stopped at one. Okay. I'll buy some more from her here."
  • dalex
    11 years ago
    you know few times I had this happen of course, and they say lines that seem they've repeated many times over again, then they'd remember my name and I'm like, oh shit
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Ovet the years, I've met a couple of dancers that were truly off of their rockers. Really strange behavior, like having conversations with imaginary people. Obviously, drugs would be the first conclusion. Up until the 1960's, people with mental illness were housed in asylums and state mental hospitals, then policy changed and they were left to fend for themselves. Most end up homeless but I suppose if you're young and pretty, stripping could work out.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    Drugs (and/or excessive alcohol usage) are the only conclusion.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    It's a ploy. I've heard the same thing fairly often. I'm not sure why they think that pretending to have met me before is going to work, but given the number of times I've heard it, it must be working on *someone*.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    You'd have to ask the RickyBoy or tittyfuck but maybe that's what they teach in sales school these day - "Don't worry if what you are saying is true or not. Just say it with enough faux confidence and no matter how ridiculous it is, you can make people believe!"
  • HowdyPilgrims
    11 years ago
    lol. I just had that happen. A dancer comes up to me and say hey nice to see you again. I never saw her before even though I go to the club once a week. So I said "Again?" she goes on to talk about the last time she was there we spent a couple HOURS in the couch dance room, had a great time, exchanged phone numbers but I never called her. LOL! I tried to tell her the reason I never called is because this never happened but she was so confident I let it go after a bit. I didn't kick her to the curb because she was hot and very touchy feely at the bar. Wound up fucking her later. We never did exchange numbers. Her strategy worked though. Even though I knew she was lying to me she was also implying good times come to guys that spend time with her. rawr!
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    neuro linguistic programming, man.
  • xedin5436
    11 years ago
    I'm going to agree with Dougster and gmd that it's a sort of SS line. I've had one girl at a club use an odd tactic a couple times without recognizing me - she'd mention that she was disappointed that I went and got a dance with someone else already (which was actually true in both cases) because she wanted to talk to me. So, I'm guessing that's partly a strategy on her part to find guys that are actually getting dances instead of just watching as well as an ice-breaker line, and also maybe a way to avoid the vice squad undercover units here in San Diego.
  • rl27
    11 years ago
    I have had more than one dancer tell me, Oh you missed it last week, there was this "you name it," that happened in the club, and I was there when whatever it happened, often with that same dancer at my table.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    If men are from Mars and women from Venus where are strippers from?
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Uranus!
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Do you often meet dancers that seem to come from an alternate reality?" No.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    As others have said – mostly just a sales ploy. Plus - unless they are extremely stupid or doped up – women tend to have excellent memories.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    does redneck trailer trash count as an alternate reality?
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    A rediculous question deserves a rediculous answer
  • berge1
    11 years ago
    I have had some dancers who would remember my name, that I was looking for a new job, and what I liked to do...after a 4 week vacation. When that happens I tip them a $20, just because it 's nice to just be remembered. You can also play this to your advantage...tell them "oh yeah, I remember you, you gave me that great BBBJ for $60! You were great" see where that goes?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion