tuscl

Maximizing or throwing it away?

Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:21 PM
So I was at a club in Baltimore the other day and struck up friendly banter with two younger guys at the bar. I was buzzed and had a strict budget of what I was going to spend that night in my pocket--about $180. Instead of "making it rain" ($100 min apparently, lol), on occasion I like to make it "drizzle" ($20 in my book) if a girl I like and have been talking to, etc is on stage. For fun I take the 20 dollar bills and flick one by one like they do on the palm of the hand. I find it fun. One of the younger guys commented and asked me why not just spend that money for a lap dance. I just said that it was an investment to let them know I like to have fun or something along those lines. I'm kinda over analyzing this, but just wanted to hear some thoughts. One thing I do have to be careful of in any club situation that I have learned is that do not give money or tip to people who don't deserve it. By that I mean don't give credit where credit is not due.

30 comments

• boogieknight369
    11 years ago
    Making it rain is a waste of fucking money and the strippers I know find it tacky and annoying.
  • sonic_r6
    11 years ago
    I know they hate it when the money gets lost or ends up where it is not suppose to be. I wasn't expecting tacky and annoying though. Interesting. Thanks for the comment.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    I guarantee strippers don't feel that a lot of money thrown on stage is tacky or annoying. Maybe it's tacky and annoying to her if she's not the one getting the rain lol. Recently I have been spending more on the stageshows. If I really like her stageshow, I have been known to put a 5 dollar bill on the tiprail. With girls that I really like I might put up anywhere from 6-12 dollars on stage per song.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Making it rain is just a way of one trying to draw attention to oneself IMO. “Hey look at me – I got all this money …” – “I’m a baller/playa and I want everyone to know it …” Those that make it rain seem like those whom never had a dollar in their pocket and now that they have some they want everyone to know it.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    +1 for Papi
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Ditto Papi.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    I agree Papi, but if you've got it, flaunt it. If I had that kind of money, I probably would make it rain occasionally. This reminds me of when people complain about the music the Dj plays, or when people complain about the whales. I think if we spent less time complaining, we would have a much better time in the strip clubs.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    BTW I wasn't talking about you specifically Papi (you're a cool guy).
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    @ranukam: It’s okay to disagree w/ me LOL :) I actually prefer someone state what they really feel rather than agree w/ me just b/c or b/c they think they might offend me – not the case at all – as long as is done w/o insults (which I know is not your style), I find that I often learn from other’s points of views. I certainly don’t expect everyone to agree with my views :)
  • membernumber1
    11 years ago
    Ive never made it rain...never will (with an asterisk). I can see occasions it might make sense. If you're dating a stripper and the money is coming back to you anyways, why not draw attention to her just to see what happens, especially in a busy club when she's having a bad night. When I went to DC, there are no lap dances, just stage shows...apparently the only way the girls make $ is stage tips. The guys who made it rain had steady companionship at their table. The rest of us PLs just had to watch. I suppose if you're planning to drop $100 in a night at the club, why does it matter how it goes?
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “Making it rain” seems like a generational and cultural thing IMO. The only guys I’ve seen doing so, in my personal experience, have been the young hip-hop type guys
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    A waste in general, but if it makes you happy then all power to you. :)
  • LeeH
    11 years ago
    Time to drag out my "make it rain" story again. ;-) I only made it rain (or drizzle, by sonic's definition) twice -- same dancer (my ATF at the time) on the same night. And as others have suggested, it was all just to draw attention. But the attention that we wanted to draw was of my ATF's rival, who was both a ROB and a plain ol' bitch, too. Usually when my ATF danced, I'd give her 15-20 singles over the course of the set -- usually 3-4 singles at a time, spread out throughout the set. Instead, with my ATF's prior blessing, I just made it drizzle with all 20 singles at once. She even made sure that I did it when the ROB was watching (since the ROB was out of my line of sight).
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    It’s more about how you tip than how much you tip, IMO. One can tip all the $1’s they want by putting the $1s by her side or in her G-string, etc. – but often times the “make it rain” dudes will throw a bunch of $1’s up in the air where it lands everywhere and the dancers need to get on all fours to recoup “their tip”.
  • LeeH
    11 years ago
    Back off the one rabbit trail that we went down, though, sonic said: "One of the younger guys commented and asked me why not just spend that money for a lap dance." The key word in that sentence is "younger". More than likely, by their thinking, if they're gonna lay out $20 at one time, they'd better get some stick shifting or a stevie or something. They don't realize yet that there are multiple ways to enjoy a beautiful woman, any of which are worthy of compensation. Transfer this from SC to sex, and these kids probably don't even know what foreplay is.
  • LeeH
    11 years ago
    Yes, Papi, I agree. That why I said "with my ATF's prior blessing". It was worth it to her to piss off the ROB.
  • dalex
    11 years ago
    I made it rain where I threw couple 1000 throughout the night. Like I give a fuck.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Make it golden shower
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    waste. buy an LD.
  • cnyknight
    11 years ago
    i personally feel like its a stupid move ... i think its all about showing off when u prob shouldnt be in the first place dancers have told me its tacky and those guys rarely spend bucks in vip i can take 20 bucks and throw it in the air with singles and make a show for the other customers i rather take a 20 dollar bill and make sure the girl sees it as i tuck it in her thong that i wanna spend on her ... its more classy and likely to make a bigger impact on who matters ... the girl
  • Corvus
    11 years ago
    I have not seen much of the $100+ make it rain scenes so far. One of the first I observed was in Portland last fall. The dancer I found most attractive that night had sat with me for a short time before she had to go on stage. Just as I was going to approach the stage and tip her a few singles a big, heavy guy went to the stage and threw at least $100 in the air around the brunette girl. I actually counted the bills laying around on stage. I commented to her that the rain maker must really like her. She responded by telling me that he was the owner. Sounds to me like owners, managers and boyfriends all may prime the pump to attract attention to their girls and/or themselves. After seeing a bouncer sweep up all the bills into a bucket I wondered if they were going to end up right back on the owner's table.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    I asked payroll at my company if they could throw my pay at me in singles on payday. They said no, the only options are direct deposit or a paper check. Oh well.
  • girlmoneys
    11 years ago
    I throw quarters and make it hail
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    I've never thought it was "tacky" or "annoying" when a guy throws $100+ on the stage, I'm like "Fuck yeah, this guy just threw $200 at me." Again, this might be a regional thing, but it's usually middle-aged/geriatric white guys that do it and they're usually giggling the entire time and pretending they're Juicy J. It's definitely more of a status thing, just letting every other guy in the club know that they don't give a FUCK.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… I throw quarters and make it hail … LOL – that’s a classic!!!
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    duomaxwell - I don't know where you have worked or for how long but you are soooo wrong. Rain making was started by and is primarily done by young black men.
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    @shadowcat - Oh, I know that. I meant that the people that I see doing it where I work are mostly older white gentlemen now. I also don't work at "urban" clubs, though, so that's probably why. It was in response to someone up there that said it's ONLY young black men that do it.
  • Djscudmaster
    11 years ago
    I haven't rained money on stage in a while or as much as one would think/want. In My case although I look younger than my age and very attractive strippers tend to think If I tip one or two dollars I'm just like all the average patrons but If I make it rain I'm interested in her/them or looking to have a good time. And they'd approach Me more. If I dont do this they'd surely more than ignore Me. Which has been the case in the millenium.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Yea – I think it may the hip-hop/rap scene and its treatment of women that made this a “popular” thing to do/imitate, IMO – but I could be wrong.
  • Djscudmaster
    11 years ago
    Your right Papi but in some clubs it still happens
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion