tuscl

Dancer Drinks ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
I had read on the discussion board about overpriced dancer drinks but only recall having experienced it once at a hole in the wall SC that I rarely visit – so I thought it was something rare. Actually, at that time I got the dancer-drink-rob-hustle (prior to joining TUSCL), I thought maybe the dancer j\had just ordered a particularly expensive drink.

I was in dump last night (Saturday eve) and got hit with the dancer-drink-rob-hustle ($20/drink).

I had bought a dancer a drink and did not get hit w/ the $20 price tag until after the drink had been poured - I was damn pissed. Then another dancer was also really pushing for a drink and I asked her straight up if the club pushed/forced them to get customers to buy them drinks at these exorbitant prices - she told me yes.

Question:
Does anyone know if clubs actually force these dancers to sell a certain # of drinks and if there are penalties to them if they don’t – of if dancers just push the drinks b/c they get a cut?

19 comments

• gawker
    12 years ago
    Different clubs make their money different ways. Some by getting us PL's to pay ridiculous prices for watered down booze for the ladies. This was the norm years ago, but is not as common today in light of tougher DUI laws and enforcement.
  • Dolfan
    12 years ago
    I think it depends. I know at one club if dancers sell a certain # of drinks they don't have to pay a house fee. Depending on POV not selling them is a penalty or selling could be a cut/bonus. At another they don't get shit. The end result is at the first club the dancers push drinks to a point, then only ask if they want a drink. At the other they ask for drinks, but most will tell you that you should order it in a way that doesn't indicate its for them.

• Rivertwice
    12 years ago
    A girl I know told me that they get a buck for every drink they are bought. It's bout $5 a drink at his place so, I guess that helps.
    This club also has them pay $25 to be there.
    I have noticed that the girls are more pushy as of late.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I've been at a few places where it seems the dancers are encouraged to buy more expensive drinks when the customers are paying, but rarely have I encountered the "wanna buy me a drink" line.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Question:
    Does anyone know if clubs actually force these dancers to sell a certain # of drinks and if there are penalties to them if they don’t"

Yes Papi, I've been told by dancers that they must sell a set # of drinks and there can be penalties.
  • grand1511
    12 years ago
    The local Dejav Vu clubs here actually give the dancers a ticket along with the drink you buy for them. Don't know exactly what the ticket does for the dancer, but they treat them like gold.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    @ Papi: Yes, some clubs do "force" the dancers to sell a certain number of drinks. Read on:

@ Dolfan: In Southern California clubs that experience was common. Put a little more simply, dancers at many clubs had a drink quota to sell (perhaps eight per shift). If they didn't get customers to buy all of those, they had to pay for the unsold drinks themselves, thus increasing their house fee for that shift.

@ grand1511: What you mentioned is also common at the eight Deja Vu clubs here in Seattle. When ladies drinks are sold, the dancer gets half of the drink price purchased by the customer. However, at the Vu clubs here, the waitresses make sure that the dancer gets credit for the drink sale. There are no tickets given to the dancer. In your case, the tickets are worth cash. So, the dancers will protect them just like their other earnings.

It's another way the dancers can make money. I like it a lot better than the drink quota system. In the quota system dancers at many clubs can be fired if they decline to have the customer buy a drink when the waitress asks the customer, "Wanna buy the lady a drink?"
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    This is definitely a funny way of pimping I must say.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    I heard at Columbus Gold dancers are not allowed to drink alcoholic drinks unless a customer buys it for them. I have had one dancer give me $5 and buy her a drink with it while she goes out to the smoker's patio. I bought her the drink myself paying the customer price and then took it out to the patio. Not all the dancers are this thirsty for alcohol though. I have paid the $20 dancer drink price several times for ROBs.
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    Every club has their own revenue model. Some dancers get a bit of their drink sales and some have a quota. others do not. Some put a lot of expectation for their waitresses to be pushy others do not.

Some see the drinks as the way of loosening guys up for the dances, others want to have it be a big profit center on their own.

Either way it is not as if they want to site there having a drink with you. Not only are you not buying a dance you are keeping them from selling a dance to somebody else. So that has to factor into the economics.

Still $20 is a rip-off unless it is a whole bottle.
  • dalex
    12 years ago
    I don't buy girls drinks...
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Papi,

Name the clubs and dancers!
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    My original ATF always kept a bottle in her locker. She always said that she would not pay the club prices for a drink and wouldn't expect me to buy her one either and the club prices for ladies drinks were the same as the customers.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    I bought a dancer a drink once (I think it was in Toledo) and she told me later that the girls are required to accept if offered a drink by a customer.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    The special "dancer drink" gimmick was once a common way for clubs and girls to make money, but largely died off in the era of lapdances. However, there are still some areas where it is common.

Baltimore, most particularly the Block, is a place where the practice still flourishes and those drinks run anywhere from $20 to $30 a pop. The girls and the bartenders both earn a cut, so the girls tend to suck them down quickly and the bartenders are always right there asking you to buy another.

Downtown Boston is another place where this can still be found. The Glass Slipper is notorious for pushing $30 dancer drinks. In fact, the girls are not allowed to sit with you for any length of time if you do not purchase at least one.

I also ran into this practice in Mobile, AL, though it varies from club to club as some clubs sell special dancer drinks and others do not. A few years back I actually appreciated this in one club because a $50 dancer drink kept her there entertaining me for a solid hour.

From what I have been told from the girls in some of these clubs, there are generally economic ramifications if they do not sell enough drinks, but I have never been interested enough the shake out the details. What I can say is that these girls often dislike the practice as much as customers because they often receive only a small cut of the drink price, yet have to sit there and spend the time drinking it.

Now outside of the places above, which general only allow customers to buy dancers those special drinks, I also visit some clubs in Queens and CT that do not "require" that dancers receive special drinks, but do have mini-champagne bottle options from which the dancers receive small %s. These usually run about $20. Any girl who orders one of these when she could have ordered a regular drink had better ask me first or she is dead to me as far as any additional spending.
  • she_is_covfefe
    12 years ago
    I had never worked in a club where I'm forced to make guys buying me drinks. I don't drink them "dancer's drinks" because they're too sweet and too fruity for my taste; I'm more of a beer and plain liquor type of person (rum and whiskey). However, I rarely drink when at work as well; I usually just ask for water, juice or coffee. I'm extremely cheap in that aspect. Besides dances or tips, the other thing I want y'all to pay for me in a club is for food; pole dancing burns much more calories than breastfeeding!!!
  • two4fun1225
    12 years ago
    I went to a club one time because one of my normal girls was dancing there. At the club i normally go to the drinks for dancers are the same as the normal drinks...so i asked her if she wanted a drink and she told me she would get her own because the keep a tab on her drinks and settle at the end of the night but if i got her a drink it was 20 dollars and she got half and they got half....
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    @JayJaydancer: Here, I got some "food" for ya.

Seriously, did you think *somebody* wasn't gonna take that kind of straight line and run with it? Just be thankful it was me, instead of a *real* jerkwad.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    “… Name the clubs and dancers …”

Club – Porky’s (Hialeah/Miami)
    Dancers – Seemed like all of them were under pressure, almost begging, more than pushing IMO
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion