tuscl

Appreciation

ilbbaicnl
Keep it in my pants when I do OTC. If I were a stripper it would stand for I like big bucks and I can not lie.
Another thread about putting video from a club on the internet got me thinking. If a current or former stripper got "made" by her neighbors or co-workers, it could mean huge problems. She could be harassed, lose her job, even be the target of violence. (This is somewhat true for customers, but to a much lesser degree.) But somehow no one seems too upset when strippers are thoughtlessly exposed to this risk by their image being posted on the internet.
With other jobs that put people in danger, medical, fire fighter, etc. the public gets irate if they find out the worker's safety is not a high priority.

5 comments

• deogol
    12 years ago
    If it "sells papers" or more for today, "generates clicks and ad impressions" - it gets posted. Always has.

The public doesn't get irate if a fire fighter starts a fight and is called on it.

I also think amongst many in Gen X and younger, especially with the nonsense posted on facebook and shared sexting on phones, stripping is not badly held in opinion.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    For one thing, it only takes one person to start a fight, so likely filming at least one innocent party.

It's my impression that most strippers, even young ones, are still leading double lives. They don't want their neighbors / people at school or at their other job to know they strip. They often also hid it from family and many of their friends.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    But it only takes one person to light a fire.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    I think your implied assumption that stippers' families and friends don't know, or at least guess, what they are doing is suspect. That's based on my own observations and conversations with the girls themselves, and watching their facebook pages and such.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    Who knows George I can only go by what strippers tell me. Could be bullshit, but I give people the benefit of the doubt when all they're asking for is a simple courtesy.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion