tuscl

3-song stage sets, why?

grand1511
Euphoria
Was at a club last night at shift change at 9 p.m. The night shift started with a parade of about 12-15 dancers. Then they played three-song stage sets for each dancer on stage to a crowd of 4-5 tippers. It really was a slow, lackluster way to start the shift. I'm not usually there at nights, so I was hoping to scope out my preferred targets by their stage efforts. I've seen three-song sets used when there's a small number of dancers on duty, but it seemed like an ample cast to draw from last night. Were my expectations unreasonable?

12 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    Ask the manager.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I think three is fairly common.
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    I don't know why 3 song sets seem to be the standard but perhaps:

The 1st song is with clothes, to warm the dancer up, to attract potential customers interest and to provide eye candy for the crowd.

The 2nd song, usually clothed, but sometimes topless is to begin receiving tips and invitations to dance at the table.

The 3rd song, almost always topless (or nude, depending on the club), is to seal the deal and to show all the guys what the club, and the girl, has to offer.

Plus 9 minutes, more or less, gives customers time to consider that particular dancer.
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    I am discussing a concept for a new club with the owner that if there is a dancer waiting behind her a stage appearance can be as short as one song HOWEVER a dancer is required to make a stage appearance after finishing one private dance session of whatever length and doing another, resulting in a steady supply of dancers wanting an appearance on stage.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Even with lots of dancers some will pay off stage if they are allowed.
  • 3LeggedMan
    12 years ago
    IMHO, a one-song stage show is not enough. Even if the dancer where to remove her clothes in the first minute, there isn't ample time to build a rapport with the stageside customers during one song. At the club I attend, the girls usually spend one minute or more with each customer at the tip rail.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    Most clubs I've ever been to are totally inflexible when it comes to how many songs dancers have to do in a set. I know one club I visit regularly sometimes has 2 song sets and sometimes 3 song sets depending on the number of dancers and the number of customers present, but every other club I've ever been to has an ironclad rule of how many stage dances they do. Of course, it all varies from place to place, although I believe it's mostly 3, which is generally in the format Pabloantonio described. Then there are clubs where they rotate from one stage to the next and all the way down the line. FWIW, most of those type of places suck IME.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    1 isn't enough and three is to much....2 now that is just right
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    In my beloved Alberta clubs the stage show is a pretty rigid format - 4 songs.

First song - dancer fully clothed
    Second song - bra off
    Third song - panties off
    Fourth song - gaping vagina close-ups for the loonie/toonie toss

If the dancer has a live crowd of drunken guys willing to keep tossing coins on stage the DJ will extend the 'gaping vagina' part of the dancer's stage set by however many songs are necessary for the dancer to extract the maximum number of coins from the willing drunks.

Private dances are so expensive and so lame in Alberta clubs that dancers make the majority of their incomes from this loonie/toonie toss. Dancers are also paid a decent stipend from the club for these rather long stage shows. A dancer's first stage show of the day could be scheduled at noon and her final show could be scheduled at 1:00AM with probably three other stage shows scheduled for her every three hours or so between her first and last show - a long day for the girls.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    The three song set used to be standard at least on the east coast back before lap dances, say late 70s through 80s. First dance clothed, second topless, third nude. It was more of a striptease than what you get today. So maybe it's historical.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    I imagine 3 song sets give dancers more time off-stage so they can take care of their business.

As a patron, I don’t care either way (1 or 2 or 3).

Tootsie’s in Miami has a pretty good system. A dancer will do one song on stage, and then spend two songs dancing around the large semi-circular stage – i.e. the dancers will dance for two songs in the space b/w the stage and the tip-rail and the gropers have easy access to the dancers for their tipping and some groping (the dancers are at tip-rail level for close and personal intros). On busy nights, there will be two dancers on stage and two or more dancers in the tip-rail area; all at the same time.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Because 4 was too long
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion