tuscl

OVER CROWDING AT SC

10inches
Florida
been to several clubs lately that seem to totally ignore the posted limit. this sorta bothers me. if a fire or shooting broke out I wonder how much chaos would occur. I always make sure that I know where the exits are just in case. I think club owners are taking a big chance by allowing such crowding. just one incident could cost them their business. seems that the fire code police simply ignore these places. don't want to be on the 6 o'clock news as a dead body being removed after a fire !!!

18 comments

• Player11
    12 years ago
    Can you imagine a 6pm news story - Strip Club burns up with 100% loss of all Dancers and Patrons? Sort of like the sinking of a Battleship or Carrier with all hands. Yes they should obey codes and I hate to see any injury or loss of life in a SC or its parking lot.

I have never encountered this kind of crowding here in Houston. We have a lot of clubs. Good News - if the club is really crowded you will be able to watch the show in peace without being hassled for dances. Bad news - I don't think fire may get you but there are likely to be some criminal elements in there - drug dealers, pickpockets, gangsters, etc. Better watch out for them too.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    I was in the now closed Rick's in Seattle about four years ago, on a Friday or Saturday night. I witnessed a raid, but it wasn't by the police department. It was the fire department. Among the lesser things they were checking for was proper emergency access, fire alarms, aisle widths, etc. What caught my attention was hat just as I was entering the building, one fire fighter was asking the door man if he had a clicker to count the customers. The door man said no, tacetly indicating he had no idea how many people were in the building at that moment. In addition to a posted seating capacity, like every business is required to, Rick's always had a rack of folding chairs for overflow crowds on the weekend nights. Obviously, the owners didn't care about fire code requirements.
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    Bouzouki's in downtown Detroit has standing room only, shoulder to shoulder, after Lions, Tigers or Red Wings games. Unsafe crowding is just ignored to get the money in the door.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    I have been in "legitimate" businesses where I was sure it was past fire code capacity... not making excuses - just really common.
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    Strip clubs pay $$$$$$$ every year for haveing to many people in them
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    Targeting the right day of the week for my clubbing activities helps me to avoid this issue. Big crowds = much more competition for dancers.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    This is why I always bring a fire extinguisher with me to strip clubs. (In order not to be conspicuous, I stuff the fire extinguisher down my pants.)
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    tear gas works too
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    I have only been to one place where I thought it was ever seriously overcrowded, the Out House in Lawrence Kansas. That place gets so crowded with people on weekend nights I wonder how the dancers ever walk around, considering they also got to dodge beer bottles and cans that just get put onto the floor. While I enjoy going to the place, I really don't want to be there if a fire did happen, and I believe they still allow smoking in there, too. I'm surprised somebody hasn't just accidentally burnt it down.

Other than that, I don't really know of anywhere I go where overcrowding is a problem. Most of the places I go are in buildings which are too big for the business they get. In theory, some of them could, and perhaps they do on special occasions (I have learned not to go to my favorite club the night its town has its town festival) but as a practical matter, they don't.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    I have been to a couple of annivarsary & Christmas parties at the Platinum Plus. When they offer free food and booze it brings out every freeloader in town. Packed in like sardines would be a good description. I have learned to avoid those events.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    @Dan: That is funny. I visited the Out House a few months ago and some of the dancers were saying the same thing, yet on Sunday and Monday nights it was a veritable ghost town.

@shadow: My one brief stop at Follies last year was no picnic either. It was late on a Tuesday or Wednesday night and it was basically standing room only.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    rick - I think that is what prompted 10inches to start the thread. :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Ditto what others have said.

I mostly visit mid to small sized dives and it gets way too crowded on weekends.

Thus I avoid SCing on Fr/Sat. nights and avoid special events (e.g. 3-day holiday weekends; Thanksgiving; evening on Christmas day; New Years; etc.)
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    Your bigger risk would be if they have done something stupid like store stuff in the exit hallway or locked emergency exits to keep people from letting in friends through the back.

Those are the things that really result in tragedies.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    rickdugan-
    I think my statement on the Out House really only applies for Friday and Saturday night, when the KU crowd comes in. I was there once on a Wednesday and while I wouldn't describe it as a ghost town, I never had a problem keeping my chair.

PapiChulo-
    I personally think the three day weekends are the best weekend times to go, probably because the normal crowd is gone. I think many people use those as family weekends or something.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Lol......Fuck rules yo...keep it slammed and keep.the.extras flowing
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    Someone in my area must read these threads. Last weekend a dancer told me someone with the fire department was in the club and could shut the club down if the club wasn't up to code. It wasn't that crowded but apparently they were checking exits etc. She said locked or blocked exits would get the club in trouble.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    hmmm, I guess my comment above would be true if they read the thread last week. I guess the fire department is on top of things in my area.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion