tuscl

Motivation

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:56 AM
Sometimes I wondered what is the dancer's motivation when they decided to try stripping. I hear that some dancer say because there aren't jobs available, they have to take care of their families, and etc. what is your opinion for them to start stripping?

48 comments

• steve_ny
    12 years ago
    It is always money, whether they need to support a family or want a LV bag. Most of the time, it is the economical imbalance between the US and their country. A Columbian dancer once told me that back home she has to fuck a guy for $20. So, a dance is no big deal in comparison.
  • joey2002
    12 years ago
    However, there are other things they could do for employment or to make Money beside stripping. Do they not have other skills than resort to dancing?
  • steve_ny
    12 years ago
    Agreed, but many get off the plane and can't work legally. Where can you make that kind of money with basic English and no work visa.
  • Clackport
    12 years ago
    Money, money, money. If they weren't stripping, they would be working at a fast food joint or they would be unemployed. The reason they strip for so long is that they don't have any better options. Of course I'm talking about most strippers, not all strippers. Every once in a while there is a stripper that is stripping to pay for school.
  • joey2002
    12 years ago
    Yes but if it's fear, what are they afraid of? If it because of their pimps, or bf, why don't they just leave?
  • joey2002
    12 years ago
    I remember being in a sc, and the stripper said that I want to live the luxury of the stripper, with expensive cars and etc. when I heard that, I wondered is this what they resort to? I mean save your money and try to do your own business instead being sc dependent
  • mrrock
    12 years ago
    Easy money. They don't have to work hard for it really.
  • Otto22
    12 years ago
    @Joey2002- Some strippers have significant jobs skills but can not earn as much as a secretary or office worker. I recently got dances from a banker who has worked in mid-level administration for a dozen years and now strips occasionally on the weekends for birthday money for her kids. She makes about $50 an hour dancing, a good deal better than her day job.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Even the dancers that I am resonably sure are college students, admit that they will miss the money after they graduate and start working in their chosen field.
  • txtittyfan
    12 years ago
    I always thought they were motivated by seeing guys with big dicks.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    mrock got it right. Yeah, it's money but it's <b>easy</b> money. You can bust you butt, get into a top tier B-School, get an MBA, work 80 hours a week and make some bank. Or you go work on farmerart's crew and really work and do well. Or you can strip. Show up 3 nights, barely "work", drink on the job, get paid cash, be on public assistance to boot, & sometimes get paid in weed. Pretty easy gig, huh?
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I always though it was to meet self-proclaime nice guys like tittyfuck and Alucard (and, as an added bonus the latter has proclaimed himself to be a genius as well). We all know outside of work they could never do that.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    Where else can you get a job that requires no skills other than a pulse and a pussy, party, drink on the job at some one elses expense, get laid on the job, and make money all at the same time??
  • joey2002
    12 years ago
    @che with myself not behind the inner world of stripping that I can't make an assumption. At times by what I feel, I have alittle compassion not by the hussle but by the person itself. Like the sex slaves and etc. however, what I don't understand is when they first start the profession, they talk about that they will not allow the strip life to get to them. Then after a few weeks or months, they either on drugs, part take in being a prostitutes or some women even turn Bi sexual ( not trying to cause an offense or anything) even though they never been until they part take the life style. I remember I went to the SC and I saw this woman face like its cracking because of the drugs and all. It's sad. To even add the many beatens they endure not only from the pimps or bf. also from the strippers based upon jealousy. I wondered is the life even worth the treatment.
  • joey2002
    12 years ago
    @shadowcat I agree with the statement based upon numerous conversation I have with some of them. I begin to ask, if they apply for a job and if you were the employer, would you hired her and if you do, would you look at them with a different lite based upon their previous profession
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    EASY money.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I strip when I need to take a shower
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    Easy money is the easy answer, but there are other forms of similar easy money...call girl, drug dealer, etc. I think the more unique thing for the club dancers specifically is the attention.
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    Easy money. But strippers/dancers go through hell to get it
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    More money than they can make doing something else at that moment. This job fucks a lot of them up, but they do it anyway because it is good and fast cash.
  • Stiletto25
    12 years ago
    I left a regular job making good money to be a stripper. I doubled up and did both jobs for awhile. After a few months I gave notice at my regular job. I was making amazing, fast cash as a stripper and knew if I was careful with my money I could put myself in a good situation financially. I met with a financial planner immediately. It took me a couple months after that to finally get serious about my spending and saving habits. Finally the "fast cash" high wore off and I was able to stick to the plan of saving. It was always the money though. If I wasnt bringing in the cash I wouldn't be stripping
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    $$$$$$$$$$$$
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    "I met with a financial planner immediately." - She's HOT!!! and smart. :) I doubt that most dancers do any financial planner let alone to such a serious degree.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    "'I met with a financial planner immediately.' - She's HOT!!! and smart" Depends if the financial adviser was tittyfuck. If it was, she was not so smart.
  • Jackmd
    12 years ago
    I've asked many dancers what made them start. The answers are in no order: 1) always wanted to dance( took dancing lessons) 2) friend/roommate got her into it,3) couldn't find a job, 4) needed money for school. All of it stripper s#$%.
  • joey2002
    12 years ago
    There aren't alot of dancers smart enough to invest. Most either buy drugs, spend it on stupid stuff, or might be legit and pay for their household
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    I don't see how being a stripper pays more than being a banker (and I'm not talking about the teller either). Is there something I'm missing here or what? @txttyfan, only YOUR inspired by big dicks lol
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    How do you guys know stilleto is hot? You met her before?
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I have. I would imagine Club_Goer has too. Maybe some others.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    I think for most, it is the easy money, or at least the perception of easy money, which got them into it. For my ATF, it was also a way to let her be bi in public.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    "I don't see how being a stripper pays more than being a banker (and I'm not talking about the teller either). Is there something I'm missing here or what?" Dude, do you know what it takes to become a "banker" or anything else in the financial services industry that actually pays six figures? A minimum of a 4 year Bachelor Degree with a high GPA from at least a respectable school, followed by significant time climbing up corporate ladders. Now there are exceptions to this rule for the Ivy League MBA crowd, but even they must invest many years and a lot of work before they start getting paid. Conversely, a 20 year old dancer with skills can put on her heels and make good money today.
  • canny
    12 years ago
    Strippers who are motivated can pull in over $1,000 cash a week without doing extras. The ones who do extras earn more than that and despite what is posted on this site most strippers don't do extras. How many of us pull in over $50,000 a year take home? The math isn't that hard to do, strippers earn a lot of money and they don't need college degrees or years worth of work to work their way up to earning that much.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    I'm not a financial major as shocking as it may sound so I don't exactly know what it takes to become a top tier in the banking industry (well there's the old fashion climbing the corporate ladder but that takes forever if at all).
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I've known strippers with MBAs ;-) . It does happen.
  • Rod8432
    12 years ago
    This very topic came up with a stripper I saw yesterday who has been gone for a while. Turns out she took some time off to apply for a "real" job. Problem was, she couldn't find one that paid anything close to stripping. She was looking for basic Admin jobs and I can see her point. I gave her $40 for her 10 minutes of her time, a couple dances, and her manual assist for a happy ending. At ~$12/hr in other Admin jobs, she made half of a day's pay, tax free, in only a fraction of the time.
  • harrydave
    12 years ago
    Consider 2 scenarios for a decent looking 18 year old girl with an average intellect: 1) Invest $150 in an outfit and shoes; strip for 15 years, pulling in $50k tax free per year; save and invest. 2) Borrow $30 to 40k, get a Bachelors degree, get a job at age 22 with starting salary $30k less taxes; save less, invest less, slowly move up; work for 30 years with an ending salary of $100k less taxes.. I should power up Excel and run these out, but my instinct tells me option 1) is not irrational. The phrase "save and invest", however, may be irrational as it applies to most strippers.
  • steve_ny
    12 years ago
    THe girls that save, invest and go to school have a chance. Everyone knows it's like playing in the NFL, you have to save it up while you can because the career ends pretty young. When they come out, they don't have the skills to do anything else. If they have saved, they can go into business but their prospects of getting hired for a good salary is low and it keeps them in the business.
  • joey2002
    12 years ago
    I agree with that statement Steve
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Some dancers state that dancing offers them more of a flexible schedule as to be able to spend more time w/ their kids during the day – i.e. they can work/dance mostly while their kids sleep. With respect to saving & investing; most of society does not do a very good job of that and the avg person is probably in the red most of the time financially especially with respect to credit card debt, etc.
  • steve_ny
    12 years ago
    I mentioned investing because I can work to 70 if I want but a dancer doesn't have that option so it is more important.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    "Some dancers state that dancing offers them more of a flexible schedule as to be able to spend more time w/ their kids during the day – i.e. they can work/dance mostly while their kids sleep." Some have mood disorders (as does our friend aluretard) so the flexible schedules can help them somewhat less the impact of that.
  • carolynne
    12 years ago
    i just kinda like making men drool, as long as it doesn't get on my outfit...
  • Otto22
    12 years ago
    @RickDugan- this girl was not on a track to become a bank VP. She was, however, a college graduate working a good job in the compliance department of a large national bank. I asked my son, who is a bank VP, what such a person probably makes. He said about $55-60K. Accordingly, I believe that this works out to about half the $50/hr she makes stripping.
  • carolynne
    12 years ago
    and the taxes are lower on dancing income!!!
  • canny
    12 years ago
    The taxes are only lower because you don't report it to the IRS.....
  • drzoidberg
    12 years ago
    one dancer told me she made 6K a month part time dancing Another dancer told me she saved her money to buy a house and was able to make payments by dancing Another dancer told me this was just a second job so had to keep it secret that she offered extras. When she needed extra money she danced more days. I think some clubs only require them to dance one day a week.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    I know a dancer who began dancing at age 18, bought her current home that year, and paid off the mortgage by age 38, while dancing part time, nearly all of that twenty-year period.
  • MADDOG_ROMEO
    12 years ago
    @carolynne, based on that pic - I'm drooling...lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion