tuscl

The politics of dancers

Friday, September 7, 2012 6:19 AM
Are most strippers liberal Democrats? I would have to guess they were...and yet Republican National Convention strip club spending is reportedly 3 times that of their Democratic Convention counterparts. Weird. I guess conservative men love their liberal ladies!

31 comments

• canny
    12 years ago
    I'd guess that most strippers don't vote.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    No. The one's I have encountered tend to be very libertarian. Remember most of them are in business for themselves and definitely are not fans of government regulation. The democratic view point sees them as being "exploited" and hated by the feminists. So they regulate them and fee them and come up with every reason in the book to make their industry that much harder. The republican view point sees them as sluts or whores to be damned to hell and wrecking the family. This last RNC convention, the strip clubs were empty. I have no idea where you are getting your sources but plenty of links were offered up in previous discussions. They are money conservative and socially liberal. That's libertarian.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Needless to say most are apathetic and/or ignorant about politics. Of those who do follow it, it seems about the same distribution of opinions as would be typical for that age group. I too thought all would be democrats at first but have been surprised at the number of republican strippers I've met.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I don't give a damned about their political views. I only need them to "perform" well. Their views on this subject is NONE of my business.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Bob McKeena AG in Washington State is a Republican and very vocal on the "exploitation" interpretation. He says all paid sex is rape and claims to believe the non-sense statistics about 300,000 underage or human trafficking victims in the US.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    "Nadya "Octomom" Suleman says she's not following the presidential election -- in fact, she's never even heard of Mitt Romney"
  • magicrat
    12 years ago
    Granted I live in the South, but the few I've talked with lean toward the Republicans. On a slightly different note, recently I met a Jewish Republican..I didn't know there was such a creature.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    Most strippers don't care about politics and uninformed about the issues and politicians' positions. But they know about every rapper and the lyrics to their songs. I would not put much confidence in a stripper who tells you she's a Republican or a Democrat. Strippers sniff out the customer's political leanings and then agree with him so he will like her. They're always out to play you.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Strippers know Bill Clinton. So when they give you a blow job, they can go home to their baby daddy and say: "I did not have sexual relations with that man"
  • Stiletto25
    12 years ago
    I vote and I lean towards the Republicans
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    Most dancers I know personally are conservative. But this is Texas, the reddest of the red states.
  • snowtime
    12 years ago
    @deogol I think you hit the Republican and Democratic parties perfectly. Although I think most strippers are not at all concerned with politics, if pressed, they would probably lean Libertarian. I am definately Libertarian but usually vote Republican if I think my vote is going to matter. I think Obama is the worst President in recent history, but I am threatening to vote for him in Nov. I am so fed up with the Republican obsession with abortion rights, Gay marriage, and other social issues that I may just vote Obama, so they (the Republicans) start to get the message. Although the Democrats are going to spend us into the poor house, many Republican members of Congress are pushing "earmarks",etc. that are just as revolting as the Democrats. Wish more Americans would consider the Libertarian option. Many have the inclination, but don't understand the party itself. I KNOW a Libertarian president/ government would be very strip club friendly. @Magicrat I suspect there are many Jewish Republicans. Most Jewish people that I know are very smart with their money and don't want to see the government waste it. Also, the recent action by Democrats regarding Jerusalem and the Democratic platform may well cause more Jewish people to vote Republican.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    " Bob McKeena AG in Washington State is a Republican and very vocal on the "exploitation" interpretation. He says all paid sex is rape and claims to believe the non-sense statistics about 300,000 underage or human trafficking victims in the USA " So does Mr McKeena's stance make all you guys paying Strippers for Dances in Washington guilty of rape? Perhaps you should get him out of Office before he tries to ENFORCE his stance. Hmm....
  • dallas702
    12 years ago
    I was killing an hour or two around lunch in an ESL club when a dancer joined me (things were so dead in the club, the manager let the dancers eat from the buffet setup and turned the TV over the bar to the news.) We were watching news (onscreen scroll - the music was still loud) about the upcoming Demo convention when this cute, young dancer started talking politics. We were a little loud, in order to be heard over the music, and two other dancers joined in the discussion. It was surprising to discover that all three were aware, not only of the candidates, but also the issues. None of them were Obama fans (also a surprise to me). One Ron Paul fan, one for Johnson, and one Romney fan (because she thought Ryan was hot!?!) Not all dancers are ignorant. (note to self - dancers favoring Ron Paul might NOT be the best choice for VIP.)
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    "The politics of dancing The politics of ooo feeling good"
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    In my opinion dancers understand politics - but they have some difficulty with M-Theory.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    "In my opinion dancers understand politics - but they have some difficulty with M-Theory. " Particularly the ones who go to work with tampons.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    ^^^ deogol :) Classic
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    Most dancers that are aware politically tell me that they view things along the same lines that I do - fiscally conservative and socially liberal, so I guess that makes us all moderates. But then again they could be telling me that to get me to buy more dances. They are a sneaky bunch, to be sure.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    If they make any money they're probably Republicans, or at the very least, fiscally conservative. I suspect most have no idea, just like most average Americans.
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) is Jewish.
  • mmdv26
    12 years ago
    I've never met a dancer who I would consider to be fiscally conservative.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    But the aerobic dancing keeps them pretty fiscally fit.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    I don't know what politics they have, but every dancer who ever had an opinion on the subject I met, with one exception, hates Obama. And an ungodly number of them liked Bush when he was President. Then again, I live in the Red State Hell of Nebraska, and western Iowa, which has some clubs I go to, is more like Nebraska than the eastern 2/3 of Iowa, so that could just be a reflection of the population of the area I go to. And the only one who liked Obama, FWIW, was black, and I would guess she liked him because he is black more than what his policies are.
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    Liberals fuck. So, they figure SCs can't be anything other than exploitation of the dancers. Conservatives don't. So they spend all they time trying to stop others from getting off because they are jealous/frustrated. Then they turn into hypocrites and try to have all the hoers for themselves. Or, in other words, the dancers get to exploit the desperate cutsies. OT, but re some of the posts... "Political parties serve only to divide our nation" - George Washington
  • Book Guy
    12 years ago
    In my experience, dancers are less educated, mildly more racist, and greatly more resentful of government intrusion into their lives, than the average citizen. They want to smoke their crack and be left alone to smoke it, and drive their car, and run into things with their car while they're on crack, and the cops are just ASSHOLES for HASSLING them about the things they ran into. They want their money, and lots of it. They believe they deserve it merely because they showed up on Friday at 6 and sat near you, even though they pouted, even though they acted like "customer service" was utterly beneath them, and even though they really didn't put forth much effort. They claim to be "small business people" but they are generally not incorporated, not paying taxes on the basis of their non-existent business entity, not investing in capital expenditures with an eye to amortizing the investment over the long run and thereby financing their business entity's growth and profitability, and yet they want to pretend that they're "business people" and that they're sick of the government ruining their profitability. Although not all dancers are racist, I meet more racists who are dancers than I meet of average non-dancer citizens who are racist, by a significant margin. Many dancers simply won't dance for Black or Hispanic men on the idiotic assumption that those men will be dirty, or won't tip well, or have no money, and the dancers can't even figure out that a very wealthy appearance and indicators of high social status in such things as clothing and automobile and approach to the bartender would be more likely to indicate that one or another Black or Hispanic dude happened to be a rich dude too. And dancers often say something stupid like, "I don't want to have to pay some dumb-ass who doesn't work. I earned it. Fuck, I came in here every night for two nights in a row, and I damn well drank that alcohol that other people gave me, I ought to have a right to keep ALL my fucking money not just SOME OF IT, I mean, I don't have a kid that's costing the government anything, my kids are all in fuckin' public school instead, and it's not like I drive all over the place, just on the interstate twice a night to get her and back home, so why do they think they should take MY money? And the government BETTER keep its hands off my grandmother's Medicaid, it's all that she's got." Then they also say that they are pursuing a higher degree, but because the story generally changes about six times in a night, I tend not to believe them and conclude instead that most (but not all) of them are in a holding pattern in which they got into a certain mode of life (stripping) and the thought of changing right now is ... well, it seems a bit intimidating to have to do anything different than what they think is the "right" way to do things in the first place. So they don't actually very often get their full undergraduate degree or bother to engage in an intellectual development program that would lead to job profitability, training, a lifetime of learning, reading newspapers, thinking about ideas. Most of the strippers I know are manual tradespeople who think they're going to get rich, but who are not taking any intelligent steps toward amassing those riches. As far as foreign policy goes, they can't generally distinguish between Iraq, Iran, Syria; they want to bomb them all; and they like going to Paris if you're paying for it. To sum up: more racist, reactionary, anti-tax but pro services, unaware of the high amount of spending that the government expends to serve them, complaining that they don't get enough government spending on themselves, pro-War as long as it's going to involve bombing someone brown who lives overseas. Tea Party. They're quintessentially members of the Tea Party. They just don't know it. The only thing that makes strippers seem less Tea Party is that they often hang out with gay men. (By the way, personally I sympathize about as much with the "traditional" Republican agenda as I do with the "traditional" Democrat agenda. I don't personally like the way that the Tea Party, Christian Fundamentalists, anti-taxation fundamentalists like Grover Norquist, and other reactionaries have hijacked the Republican Party so, recently, I've favored the moderate Democrats. But I can sympathize with the fiscal-responsibility and small-government lessons of the older-style Republican party, just not the social conservatism. So when I write the above "funny" piece meant to indicate that the Tea Party's stupidities are hand-in-glove with more limited strippers, I'm not necessarily blasting the more traditional conservatism of the better half of the Republican party.)
  • TortillaChip
    12 years ago
    Unless someone else brings it up, I rarely talk politics unless it is with very old friends or family who won't declare me a mortal enemy because I think a little differently than they do. I don't care what other guys think about politics and I most certainly don't give a flying fuck what strippers think or if/how they vote. I did have an interesting encounter a couple weeks ago, with a stripper I have made some investment in. She turned a rant about her ex doing this or that into why can't the government let her drive with no license, smoke her weed, fence her stolen goods at the pawn shop, and how if the government would just give her and every other poor person about $400 a month to spend as they desire, poverty and crime would disappear. I couldn't figure out which party she supports, but it sounds pretty good.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    The last political thing I heard a dancer say was "I'm going to work next week in Charlotte at the Republican convention." In hind site, maybe I shouldn't have told her it was the democratic convention. She looked confused.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    Some dancers may be upset with Obama adding taxes to tanning salons. If they remember. I'm upset with Obama and Pelosi and the democrats causing my health care premiums to skyrocket with no additional benefits and the Health care taxes will start in 2014 with no new benefits for me or most people. It's probably just a matter of time before The King, Obama that is, signs another executive order declaring elections null and void and disbands congress and makes it official. The constitution is dead and Obama has a monarchy.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    Fuck if I know. I talk to a shitload of dancers each year, but never once have I had a discussion about politics with a dancer.
  • dtek
    12 years ago
    sharkhunter: "It's probably just a matter of time before The King, Obama that is, signs another executive order declaring elections null and void and disbands congress and makes it official." You sound like the blue staters who, back before the last election, were convinced that Bush would cancel the election if he thought the GOP wouldn't win: [view link].
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion