tuscl

Where can you make the most money as a dancer?

I have been on the road dancing for a year or so. And every place I go I typically make the same amount of money. I was just wondering where you can make top dollar. I am willing to travel and relocate if necessary as long as it is in the usa. I am an open minded dancer and do not mind doing extra if paid well. HELP ME PLEASE????????

41 comments

• GoVikings
    12 years ago
    I'm not expert, but my best guess would be Las Vegas. I was there a couple weeks ago, and it definitely seems like the strippers earn more than most.
  • jackie121
    12 years ago
    i've done the whole vegas thing. The hours I cannot handle and its just seasonal. I mean good consist top dollar
  • Rod8432
    12 years ago
    If you're young, slender, and gorgeous, try Mons Venus in Tampa. They're a lapdance factory and pretty much always packed. You'll lapdance your ass off, but at $20-$25 a pop, you'll rack up some good cash most evenings.

If you're not the above, you can still stay pretty busy at the Inner Room in Cocoa Beach. $10 high-mileage lappers delivered the whole night long will fill your garter. And if you're okay with extras, try Bogarts in Inkster (near Detroit). They offer affordable and consistently good VIP action that ensures they stay busy. It's a sleazebag club, but what they do, they do well.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    If you're willing to go that extra mile, I recommend Detroit and its suburbs. There are lots of clubs to choose from, and so you should be able to find 2 or 3 that would suit your style. The cost of living is low in the Detroit area, and you can find safe places to live in the suburbs. Some of the more upscale clubs are the Penthouse, the Flight Club, and the Landing Strip.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    Mitchel O'Farrel Theater in San Francisco high priced extras club or Club 390 outside of Chicago pulls em in, but a lot of the bigger high end clubs stick it to the dancers so I'm told. There a lot of clubs in Detroit area that are very busy. I would PM Stiletto and ask her.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    Definitely not Seattle. Portland maybe. As Tiredtraveler mentioned, above, Stiletto25 could advise you. She knows both cities. You can find her at: https://www.tuscl.net/u.php?UID=250058
  • jackie121
    12 years ago
    i've done detriot the extras are too cheap for me.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    It sounds like you’ve done about everything including what others have mentioned on this thread. This is not meant as a shot towards you but maybe it’s not the location and what you may need to step up your game?

I recommend you visit “stripperweb.com” if you have not already done so. It is a website similar to this one but made up of dancers. You may get some good advice there; in particular, you may want to look at the “hustle hut” folder in that website. This website (TUSCL) is made up mostly of males whom like to visit strip clubs.

Good luck to you.

P.S.
    There are a number of dancers whom also complain about the amount of $$$ they can currently make – the economic downturn has affected a lot of people and thus many customers have less to spend and will also visit clubs less often because of this – it’s unfortunate but it is the way it is.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    As Melonie is fond of saying in Dollar Den of "the pink site" dancing is a luxury for many people (for PLs it's a requirement LOL) - and luxuries are optional these days!
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    ^^^ “for PLs it's a requirement LOL”

No wonder I am still going even though my economic situation has changed significantly from 2 years ago – I need my fix :).
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    As others have said, this isn't the best web site to ask that question.

As a general rule, pay is higher in places that have a higher cost of living. That would suggest NYC. But you only end up ahead if you can live simply and keep your expenses down.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    Lol yeah - come here to LA and battle with all of the other dancers hustling hard & heavy for very little money. Honestly - I wish that I could recommend LA because the more dancers the merrier - but ask any dancer here & I guarantee that they'll tell you that dancing here sucks. Too many dancers, too many extras, & too little $$$.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I've never been there myself, but if Rick_TheIdiot_Dugan is to believed, it sounds like the real high roller clubs are in New York and Chicago. So much money flowing around there, according to the Rickster, that customers gotta use a system 10 years in the making* if they want to have any fun with the girls. Sounds like whale city. Bring your harpon.

* that's 10 years for Rick to come up with, not sure how long mere mortals would take. Maybe 300 years?

:-)
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Also listen to Doug_Can'tSpell"Harpoon"Properly_Ster. He keeps detailed notes (so he can make the same pathetic jokes for years on end) and should be able to advise you accordingly.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Jestie still pretty grunchy because he STILL can't laid without having to pay and even then, he sadly, rarely has the money to even do that.
  • steve3003
    12 years ago
    NYC as Ermita_Nights says. But no extras. You'll make plenty if you're both fucking hot and charming.

Just guessing but you don't sound like the most charming gal out there. In which case, the Tampa clubs may be better suited for you. But you say you've been there and done that, perhaps Tampa included. In which case, maybe what Papi_Chulo gentlemanly indicated is at the heart of your problem. No amount of location hopping is gonna make much of a difference. Good luck.
  • Chanel
    12 years ago
    I'm glad you asked your question here first because the answers were interesting.

I agree with the suggestions to check out Stripper Web I would like to caution you though about re-posting your question on 'The Pink Site' without re-wording it a little.

I remember a dancer getting flamed for saying she didn't mind doing extras. This was a couple of years ago and her question was very similiar to yours. She said she had worked at Ricks in Seattle before it was closed. (Since I've worked at some of the same clubs she did I was wondering if I knew her).

There are alot of new dancers on the site with a more realistic outlook who aren't so quick to judge, but just in case, you may not want to go there. Good luck with everything!
  • sinclair
    12 years ago
    According to Communist News Network: Williston, North Dakota.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/10/25/pf/Ameri…
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    What the fuck is grunchy? I love when Dougie starts swinging wild, you know he's on the ropes.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    What the fuck is grunchy? I love when Dougie starts swinging wild, you know he's on the ropes.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Yeah. gee, jestie. Your nitpicking about spelling is devastating. If there is one thing i can't go on living after it's when someone points out a typo to me. Whatever shall I do?

Guess wait for you to wrongly predict my imminent demise for the 2 billionth time...

• inno123
    12 years ago
    Here is the economics of it. Strippers are single women that are fairly mobile and the occupation has low barriers to entry. It will generally take X times the cost of living to entice a young woman to take stripping as a job. If you can earn more than that either more women will enter the career or the club managers will change the economic deal to take more of the money. That's why you seem to make the same money wherever you go.

So what you need to look for in general are places with an excess of money and a comparative shortage of women. Construction boom towns and military bases are good examples. Conversely you want to avoid places wtih limited money and a a surplus of women like college towns.
  • ThatOtherGuy
    12 years ago
    In NYC the potential to make the most money is definitely in Manhattan, not as much in the other four boroughs. But living in Manhattan would be a mistake since the rent is sky high. If you work in a Manhattan club its probably better to live Queens or Brooklyn, and there are decent places to live in those two areas. It would be best to take a cab to work since private parking lots in Manhattan are not only expensive but one wrong move parking on the street and your car will get towed away (Damn you confusing street signs!).
    Since Manhattan is expensive the clubs are also more expensive. $20 is the norm for lap dances in NYC, though some places charge more. The Manhattan clubs charge more for the door fee, drinks, and especially the VIP/champagne rooms. I've heard prices range from $300 for 15 min. to well over $1000 for an hour. Before your eyes fill up with dollar signs just know that the club takes most of that VIP room fee (In most cases, more than half with some clubs taking a lot more than that). But the clubs also encourage, or maybe trick, customers into thinking they have to tip the dancer additional cash after the VIP.
    Manhattan seems better for dancers. There's always lots of people around, especially businessmen and tourists with money to spend. The outer four boroughs seem better for customers. Less expensive overall being the big reason why.
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    You have received many helpful suggestions from TUSCL. It is a positive statement that the guys here are willing to help you, despite the fact that you have not posted one photograph of yourself. Looks are important to success in SCs, more important than the local or national economic slump.
  • stenton1
    12 years ago
    The grass is not always greener in NYC. My old ATF used to go to NYC to dance, but she got eaten up with the high house fees and tip outs. She ended up always returning back to the club where I knew her. She is very beautiful too, but remember in NYC, beauty abounds, so it's hard to stand out.
    I'm not saying you can't make it in NYC, but that is a reality. Unless you're super personable, sexy or gorgeous, it's hard to stand out there.
  • Digitech
    12 years ago
    Maybe you'd do better if you weren't on the road. Stay in one place, get some regulars.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    "I've never been there myself, but if Rick_TheIdiot_Dugan is to believed, it sounds like the real high roller clubs are in New York and Chicago."

LOL. Fraudster, you don't go to the clubs in your own area, nevermind places like NYC and Chicago. At least this time you showed some rare good sense in owning up to your limitations and in not sharing another uninformed opinion. ;)

@Jackie: By all reports that I've heard and seen, both firsthand and otherwise, places like Manhattan, Chicago (downtown), DC and Boston can be quite lucrative, especially if you think strategically about cost of living. This is simply because there is a healthy combination of a lot of money and limited numbers of strip clubs (as compared to their population and commuter bases) in each of these areas. The problem, however, is that these clubs are also highly competitive and it can be tough getting hired.

Without knowing more about you, it is hard to provide much in the way of useful intel for you.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Maybe it would help if you told us how much you would like to make for doing what.
  • snowtime
    12 years ago
    I have been going to clubs for a long time. I have found that cute girls with a customer friendly attitude do well wherever I go. There may be only a few customers and most of the dancers will be complaining about not making any money on any given night. The cute one (ones) still stay busy, even on slow nights. Remember that most of us customers go to the club with money to spend. We will gladly spend it if we meet someone who is polite, attractive, and has a good attitude. Since you (the original poster) seem to have not been satisfied at ANY club you have tried, I would suspect the problem may not be with the clubs.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Ok, Ricky-boy. So, just to clarify, in this nutty conspiracy theory of yours, I post fake reviews by reading the reviews of others and just repeating, but for some reason, I only post fake reviews of the clubs in my area? Is that how it goes? Is this all part of "craftiness" or does it show a lack of "craftiness"?
  • jackie121
    12 years ago
    thank you all very much
  • jackie121
    12 years ago
    I mean i make decent money at least a grand a night i just want to find a place where i can make more than that. I mean top top dollar that's what I mean by I haven't found the right club for me
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Yeah, Right!
  • wetrippymane
    12 years ago
    Seen this awhile back, the link to the $$$ poles.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/10/25/pf/Ameri…
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Yeah, only a G a night. No wonder you are dissatisfied.
  • sinclair
    12 years ago
    Where are you making "at least a grand a night"? Do you care to post some pictures of yourself so that we know that you are the real deal, not an anonymous braggart?
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    This is nonsense and jackie probably isn't any more of a dancer than I am. The tip offs are the statements about making a grand a night consistently and doing this while migrating from club to club. Now that number is high, but certainly achievable for some girls in some areas on some nights, but consistently? And regardless of the area that she is dancing in?

Dancers' incomes are influenced heavily by too many things for money to ever stay that high that consistently, especially for a girl who migrates to different clubs. Demographics in different geographic regions, particular clubs' traffic flows and fee structures, the nights of the week and, in some areas, even the seasons, all impact dancers' earnings. I don't care what she does in the backroom, the likelihood that this is real is extremely low in my humble opinion.

Sorry, but I have to call bullshit on this.
  • steve3003
    12 years ago
    Yea, you probably called it right. Them useless info we gave will be studied by jacko boy (aka jackslash or something) while's he's recovering from them ebola virus.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Won't be the first time a stripper lied.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    On your back
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    YAYY, ALP is accounted for. Nice pic.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion