tuscl

$2 Bills?

Corvus
Arizona
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 9:24 PM
I went by the bank the other day and grabbed $40 worth of $2 bills before heading to one of my favorite out of town clubs while I was traveling. Thought I would spend my club time sitting stage side tipping, enjoying the views, and some drinks, while saving my LD money for another day. Figured I would tip a bit more than the regular dollar that evening and maybe even slightly impress a few dancers? Most of the girls noticed the difference and commented positively and I was rewarded with some nice personal attention. At least two of the girls asked if I had been at another local SC that is known to give $2 bills. I told them I simply wanted to make sure they knew how much I appreciated their dancing-- which earned me smiles and more attention. I rarely see $2 bills outside strip clubs but also rarely see them at the clubs I frequent. How often do you run into them at clubs and do you know of many clubs using $2 bills generally for change to increase your spending? Not a unique issue for our Canadian friends but those of us to the south have yet to convert to $1 coins. Maybe SC patrons will lead the way for the US to move away from dollar bills and end up costing all of us twice as much to tip our favorites.

31 comments

• hard10
    12 years ago
    I know Platinum Plus in Allentown, PA gives you change in $2 bills which you use to tip the girls.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    All 5 of the Platinum Plus clubs give out change in $2 bills.
  • snowtime
    12 years ago
    When I visit PP in Columbia, I always take a good supply of one dollar bills to avoid getting $2 bills in change. They work fine in the club, but stores on the outside give you a strange look if you try to spend any that are left over from a club visit. Two dollar bills may draw some positive remarks in some clubs, but in PP I always seem to get the same attention at the rail for a dollar tip.
  • WOODDR2
    12 years ago
    I have never seem any clubs in southern California hand out $2the bills. I do like the sound if it, there's something a little more classy about it.
  • mmdv26
    12 years ago
    I heard about a gay strip club that gives $3 bills for change.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    I always thought that race tracks dealt in two-dollars bills. Is anyone out there a racing fan that can comment on that?
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I tried to use two's in Vegas once and it didn't go over well. Don't ask me why. In clubs I think it's pretty chintzy to hand them out as change.
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    Buddy of mine, 67 years old, regularly uses $2 bills at clubs as tips. He goes to the bank and gets at least $100 in $2 bills and tips with them. He gets lots of action and doesn't mind that one of the tellers, moonlighting as a dancer, knows exactly what he's up to.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Reminds me of an eccentric old retired Air Force Colonel I knew. He always carried $2 bills. Also $.50 and $1 coins. Just loved fooling with cashiers, since they had no real place to store them in a cash register.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Don't use them at Best Buy! They don't know if it is real money or not. Probably why they are going broke if they don't know what money looks like. ([view link])
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Clubber - At the Discoteque Lounge in Augusta, the bar tender would not accept my $2 bills because she did not have a place for them in her cash register. She did NOT get a tip.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    sc, Too difficult of a problem for her limit mental capacity???
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Also had a young sales person at a Belk's ask his supervisor if it was OK to accept a $2 bill. Had one waitress at Follies try to refuse one until I asked for the manager. Another waitress at Follies was thrilled. Said that she was going to keep it. Damn Platinum Plus. :)
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    sc, Go anywhere and tell them you are from out of town and ask if they take Alaskan or Hawaiian money. I've NEVER got a "Yes". :)
  • nj_pete
    12 years ago
    Walmart was promoting you could get $1 coins when the Sacagawea dollar coin came out and I got a couple, tried to spend it a few weeks later at same Walmart and the cashier looked at at funny and told me they don't take Canadian money. Paper Dolls in Charlotte gives out change in $2 bills.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    I have been in sveral clubs that give change in $2 bill and some others that the bank machine only give out club bucks. I never use club banks machines but there are signs telling you.
  • thesamurai
    12 years ago
    Theres a club in MN called Fat Jack's that gives out 2's. It is irritating because you can't spend them outside the club without enduring a hassle. I just keep whatever I don't spend for the next trip. The next trips are much fewer and far between though because the place has that stupid gimmick but they don't have strippers that are all that appealing. If you're gonna try browbeating your customers into tipping dancers on stage, you better at the least have strippers worth tipping!
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    Man deogol i see a lawsuit comming for the cops and Best Buy! If those idiots dont know what is real money they should not be allowed to keep any! Lol In Colorado $2 bills are not given out at strip clubs so there is no association there when spending them. My cousin cashed a pay check once and when asked how he wanted it jokingly said in $2 bills. The teller camee back with them. He was joking but took them anyway. He had lots of funny reactions including some people telling him those wernt real. He had to ask for managers several times so they could tell their dumbass employee they were real
  • steve3003
    12 years ago
    Fucking losers discussing the pros/cons of $2 bills. Makes me puke and drown in my own vomit (Alucard's wish come true).
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    steve3003 - Your father pulled out too soon.
  • steve3003
    12 years ago
    Coming from a guy who knows about all them $2 shit... how's that even possible? :-)
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    canada has both a $1 (loonie) and $2 (toonie) coins $2 bills just don't circulate here in US. And do you really think it makes a differenct to the dancer whether it's two $1 bills or one $2 bill?
  • Roman71
    12 years ago
    A few times I was handed a $2 bill for change from the store it has been a few years since that happened. Last time before that I was a kid and when recycling cans would get the $2 bill handed to me I collected a few unfortunately needed cash so spent them. I think that it would impress to tip a $2 bill way better then trying to tip a $1 bill or even a coin. Does any one know what would happen I have wondered what would a dancer do if a guy would tip her with a $1 coin.?
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    "I have wondered what would a dancer do if a guy would tip her with a $1 coin.? " She'll go ballistic thinking it is a quarter. Dancers don't know what money looks like either.
  • Corvus
    12 years ago
    I have tipped many waitresses with dollar coins, both in SCs and in regular bars, and usually had to explain what they were. I have never tipped a dancer with a dollar coin and never will. Unless of course I end up in Canada.
  • JacksonEsskay
    12 years ago
    <<Clubber - At the Discoteque Lounge in Augusta, the bar tender would not accept my $2 bills because she did not have a place for them in her cash register. She did NOT get a tip.>> Off Topic: Technically, no business can refuse to accept a $2 bill. All US currency is "legal tender for all debts, public and private." Under the law if you make "tender" of cash to pay a debt and your creditor refuses, then you can claim that the debt has been canceled. This also goes for gas stations and convenience stores that say they will not accept $100 bills. I know of one instance where a court-community services office (i.e. the agency that handles court diversion programs) started a policy of only taking credit cards for court-ordered fees. When a "client" (as they are called) offered cash, it was refused and they reported him to the court for non-payment. The Judge entered an order that said the fee was no longer owed and directed CCS to resume taking cash.
  • JacksonEsskay
    12 years ago
    Actually, I just double checked and the "must accept" rule applies only to debts owed to the government . . .D*** and I thought I was gonna get outta paying for my next tank of gas purchased at 2 AM :-)
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    When Canada started circulating $1 coins in 1987 I was pissed and quickly got used to $2 bills. Prior to that the $2 bill was rare in western Canada because of the stigma attached to it. In the early years of western Canada's development $2 was the price of a prostitute's services. For decades in the west it was assumed that any $2 bill had passed through a prostitute's hands and people just shunned the 'filthy' notes. $2 coins started circulating in Canada in 1996, pissing me off all over again. Now, I still hate the loonie ($1) but I am a big fan of the toonie ($2). There is now an entire generation of Canadian strippers that has not seen a piece of paper currency smaller than a fin. I am off on a long European vacation shortly and have wads of currency for the countries I will be visiting. Be grateful that we North Americans do not have to deal with the small pieces of confetti that European countries produce for their small denomination notes. In another light, I am jealous of the high denomination notes available in Europe. We really do need something similar to 500Euro or 500ChF in North America. I sorely miss the old pink C$1000 bill.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    Shakers in Waverly, NE just outside Lincoln will routinely give you 4 $1 bills and 2 $2 bills if you pay the $12 cover charge with a $20 bill. I believe this is the only place other than a bank where I've seen a $2 bill.
  • Joseph5160
    12 years ago
    At Platinum Plus clubs they will let you exchange $2 bills for something else on your way out. That's good, as I feel awkward using them outside of clubs. I also like to bring ones with me so I won't have to use twos for tips. The dancers don't really care what you give them on stage so long as you get VIPs.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I do not like the two dollar bill change I get at Platinum Plus clubs. It is either rare currency outside of the clubs or it identifies you as having visited a strip club. I've had the staff at the club refuse to give me regular change. Since the club is being an ass about their change I always bring plenty of ones and only tip with ones. If I happen to get a two dollar bill, I spend it in the club or whomever will take it but sometimes save it to pay cover charges on my next visit. I once paid a dancer in two dollar bills for a dance and she wasn't happy asking if I could pay with regular change. I was wondering why the dancer didn't like the two dollar change either. 99 percent of dancers are just happy to get tips at all with most customers sitting in their seats. Maybe I shouldn't complain too much. When I want to tip a dancer the stage is often empty without very many tippers. It makes sense to me because I don't want to give a two dollar tip unless she deserves it or looks hot. Plus if you routinely tip a lot it's a lot more expensive.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion