tuscl

Raids

Monday, March 5, 2012 6:11 PM
25's story about the raid lookout got me thinking. In all my years of clubbing, I've only once been in a club when it was raided, by guys in uniform with automatic weapons. I was with a US army captain who seemed to know the raiders, and they left us alone. It was scary and creepy and I didn't visit another club for six months. That's my story, what's yours?

25 comments

• Blue42TX
    12 years ago
    I was in the club when it got raided. All they did was checked the girls for pasties and full bottoms and if anything illegal is going on in the back or upstairs. It happened to my friends alot and they said it's BS that they are doing this b/c they have to once in awhile due to complaints.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    It has NEVER happened when I was in a Club.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I can't remember if that's how I ended up in the prison cell
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    It hasn't happen to me (fingers crossed).
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    It seems like I have told this story about a dozen times on here. I guess one more won't hurt. It was at the infamous Memphis Platinum Plus about 10 years ago. I saw them come in. There were 4 of them dressed like bikers. They made a very rapid sweep of the main room and then headed straight to the semi private lap dance room. It was only after the DJ made the announcement that the lap dance room was closed until further notice and that drinks were now buy one, get one free, that I realized that a bust was in progress. There was a long curtain that could separate the lap dance room from the main room and they pulled it closed. The lap dance was closed for 1 hour and 15 minutes. A lot of guys left, thinking that that was the end of the nights fun. I was from out of town and really had no where else to go. So I stayed. There were about 50 dancers and customers in the lap dance room at the time and they all got citations. After the cops left, it was business as usual. I hooked up with a spinner, went to the lap dance room and got my first ever BBBJ inside a strip club.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "I can't remember if that's how I ended up in the prison cell" Could well be! LMAO
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Never happened to me. I was once in a club when they were taping HBO's G-String Diva show.
  • Stiletto25
    12 years ago
    It fucking (and I usually don't say that) sucks! Sometimes they just talk to the manager and everyone stops their dances in the meantime. They just want their presence to be known. Other times they line girls up and do license checks and the whole club shuts down for an hour. And other times they send in undercovers to get dances. If they find that girls are breaking the law, they arrest the girls and the manager and they get taken out in cuffs. Luckily I've encountered none of this recently.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Apparently, the manager's of the clubs I frequent have kept their payments current to 5-oh
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    First time I was in the Cannonball in Brampton, the dancer and I were just about to get down to business when she suddenly stopped and ordered me to 'Cool it' for a while. All other dancers hissed the same instructions to their clients. One guy was whimpering that he was just about to cum. I was fearing a raid by LE and fidgeted nervously in my rock hard seat in that famously dreary VIP as I looked around with great apprehension. Turned out to be the manager making his regular turn through the VIP with flashlight, dustpan, and broom sweeping up discarded condoms! Cannonball had once had a Health Dept. bust over that issue and cautious manager didn't want another one! Closest I have ever been to a raid in a SC. (For those of you guys contemplating a visit to the Cannonball, the 5:00PM-6:00PM hour seems to be prime time for this condom disposal foray.)
  • MADDOG_ROMEO
    12 years ago
    sc, luv it, great story....likewise, clubba & farmerart.... I'm with alucard, I've never seen it happen....Stiletto, it really sucks that you've had to deal with it. But may that recent luck continue, and the fucking raids just cease and desist altogether....
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    It happens from time to time here in Detroit. It's usually no big deal, the cops check the dancer's Detroit entertainer's licenses, VIP room closes for a while and the dancers get desperate. All in all, no big deal.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    I've never seen a raid, but all my favorite dancers have. They tell me the cops round up all the dancers together and check their ID. The girls cry, and so the cops--almost all men--treat them nicely. How can you be mean to attractive, half-clothed women who are crying? Because the lap dance rooms are upstairs, there is plenty of time to warn everyone, and the police find only fully-clothed couples discussing current events.
  • dallas702
    12 years ago
    I've seen nothing as exciting as Shadowcat, but I was sitting in an uncrowded GA SC one afternoon two years ago when this guy came in and sat at the next table over. He started asking me questions, mostly about which dancers were good for extras. He was a Creepy dude so I kept my responses short and uninformative! I went to the bathroom and then sat in a different area. From my seat across the room I saw the guy get repeatedly turned down by dancers. Though the club had a rep for action, it wasn't happening that day so I left after about an hour. Didn't think much about it until I saw, in an online version of that town's paper, a story about a police raid at the club the same day I was there. The story listed several charges including, underage drinking, one South American dancer without papers and somebody in possession of a small amount of pot BUT no soliciting or prostitution charges. I am sure that the creep was a cop, and the lack of girls arrested was exactly because he was creepy! I'm just happy I wasn't there when he gave up and called in the rest of the vice guys.
  • PlBruce
    12 years ago
    Somewhat off topic, but I was once in San Francisco headed to a "Massage Parlor" when I passed what turned out to be another one with federal agents swarming outside. I got skittish and headed back to my hotel. Later I found out a whole bunch of massage parlors were raided that day including the one I was headed too. Trust your instincts!
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Only once in my entire life have I been in a club when it was raided. Pretty quiet at first, until they started harassing customers. Then it for funny, because the cops announced they were going to search everybody. Some guy piped up with a comment about "not without probable cause or a warrant, you're not." The cops started to get belligerent, and made a snide comment about people thinking they are lawyers. Bigmouth points at his three companions and says, "well, we *are* lawyers. Good ones, and we'll be watching every search you do, and will be happy to represent anyone who thinks they're being harassed." Cop shuts up.
    12 years ago
    Was in Mons Venus 10 or more years ago when city of Tampa was doing their crack downs. Raid went down and they eventually paraded 4 dancers and 1 customer in hand cuffs out the front door. Things were back to usual once they left.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Now I think of it I was arrested for something else
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I'll be doing something tomorrow that will be Raid eligible! LMFAO
  • HB13
    12 years ago
    One club I frequent has a cop on scene after 9PM. He just stands there ogling the show & essentially acts as a uniformed bouncer that keeps all the drunk rowdy southerners line. Only raid I've experienced was a church-raid, a bunch of females (who looked ugly by the way) raided the club giving out "think better of yourself" cards & roses to everybody.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Only raid I've experienced was a church-raid, a bunch of females (who looked ugly by the way) raided the club giving out "think better of yourself" cards & roses to everybody" Were there any Lightening Bolts raining down?
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Leave it up to the females to roust a place ! LOL
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    I've had two related experiences. Both were at the now-closed Honey's, in Everett, WA. One time about three cops came in in full uniform. The (female) manager on duty was able to get over to the VIP area, where I happened to be at the moment, and quitely walked among the fourtee lap dances booths and told all the dancers there to stop dancing. It turns out it wasn't a raid. The cops were there looking for a specific individual that had been reported in the area. Another time, the same manager approached me as I came in and suggested that I wait a while before getting any dances. There were undercover cops in the club. She knew just who they were, where they were sitting, and she said she'd let me know when they left. About 40 min. later she told me it was okay now. I really appreciated that.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Another time, the same manager approached me as I came in and suggested that I wait a while before getting any dances. There were undercover cops in the club. She knew just who they were, where they were sitting, and she said she'd let me know when they left. About 40 min. later she told me it was okay now. I really appreciated that" I'll bet you appreciated that! That's looking out for your customers.
  • Rlionheart
    12 years ago
    Never had the displeasure - Numerous clubs over 7 states and nothing to report. But what a waste of public funds; we should legalize most of the action
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion