tuscl

scratch off lotto tickets

Seems like a popular habit for dancers is to spend their money on lotto tickets. They buy the $20 tickets and hope to win big. Kind of foolish but I guess going to a strip club to buy lap dances and hoping to get OTC is just as stupid. Odds of winning are usually low!

14 comments

• GoVikings
    13 years ago
    Haven't noticed this at the clubs that I go to.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    "Odds of winning are usually low!"

All lottery odds are LOW!

My luck with Strip Clubs has been pretty good IMO the last 8 months. I wish I was as fortunate in selecting Lotto numbers! LMFAO
  • SnakePlissken
    13 years ago
    Lottery tickets = tax for misunderstanding of probability
  • Ermita_Nights
    13 years ago
    Odds times payout gives expected return. I remember talking to one girl who was all excited and proud at having won over $500 on lotto tickets in the previous year. But she'd been buying $20 worth every week, for a total cost of $1000, and net loss of $500. She didn't seem to think this was a problem.
  • SnakePlissken
    13 years ago
    It's like strippers are bad with money or something. That's weird.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    The lotto tickets are cheaper than the lap dances here in Columbus with $30-40/song lappers.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    From Samuel Johnson's dictionary:

lottery = tax on stupidity
  • jester214
    13 years ago
    Sadly it's not just strippers... As plissken said, the lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    It would take an eternity to list all the foolish things that dancers spend money on.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Well, there is always that faint hope that lightning might strike. But from what the reports I've read throughout the years. Anyone and everyone that wins big goes bankrupt somewhere down the road. :) What a way to go, though.
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    I've never met any dancer who liked to spend their money on any kind of lottery ticket, or at least admitted to it.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    @samsung1: "but I guess going to a strip club to buy lap dances and hoping to get OTC is just as stupid. Odds of winning are usually low!"

Hmm, my return on OTC is *way* better than my return on lottery tickets, so I'd say your hypothesis is probably not going to pan out. :))
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    vm,

"Anyone and everyone that wins big goes bankrupt somewhere down the road."

Really no different than the pro athletes that are broke after, and sometimes during their careers. Many never had any money and either have no idea how to deal with it themselves, or hire some "friend" to steal their money.

In most any financial situation, a firm, thoughtful plan is needed. The quick rich rarely do this and that equals, soon broke!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion