tuscl

What do you do when you Finally Figure out that you need to give up the Clubs

After my last 3 day trip to 2 clubs that I'll post reviews on later I came to the conclusion that I'm burned out on the clubs. A particular afternoon in a not very busy club of having 3 dancers spend 3 hours with me and listening to all their stripper drama and bullshit told me that it's time to hang up the old VIP card for a while. The question is what do you do to fill the void of getting to see 100's of half or fully naked women up close and personal. Anyone else ' hit the wall' like this.

21 comments

• minnow
    18 years ago
    Haven't figured out yet, no big hurry to either.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    I remember visiting my mother in another town and picking her up from a massage therapist. I really liked the way the massage therapist looked even though I only saw her for a few seconds. A few months too late, I was told that she was asking about me saying she was looking for a new boyfriend etc etc. Then I was told since I lived out of town, she hooked back up with her old boyfriend. I was thinking that story doesn't do anything but make me feel like I missed out. I was thinking getting massages from different massage therapists could become a new hobby. I have yet to start that hobby though. Everything takes time.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    And just to elucidate a little further on my preferences, let me add a couple other thoughts on massage. There are many different types of massage (called modalities) but I tend to think in terms of two broad categories: massage as a medical procedure and massage as a spiritual experience. Most massages contain elements of both but usually a therapist will emphasize one over the other.

Personally I prefer the latter, massage as a spiritual experience. I like the darkened room with candles and waterfall, the eerie music, being totally nude (but you'll probably be covered), and a soft touch - what's sometimes called the foo-foo stuff. I think that makes the massage seem much more spiritual. And intimate. In fact it feels as intimate as any strip club experience that I've ever had. But I never look for anything sexual.

Some therapists will no doubt provide extras, after all they like money too, but most will not. And most will get highly offended if you ask. Kinda like strippers, isn't it. So if you decide to visit a massage therapist, tell her what type of massage you want (she'll ask) and ask how far you should undress (nude gets you the best massage), and let her take it from there.

Around here a massage costs about $60-75 per hour plus tip ($10-15). A fancy beauty salon will usually be a little more expensive. If you can't find an independent therapist, which is my first choice, I'd go to a health center (eg. a place that has yoga, pilates and stuff like that) rather than a beauty parlor, they tend to be more male friendly. And probably offer more privacy and spirituality too.

If you go to your health club chiropractor, many of whom have massage therapists, don't expect much spirituality. But your insurance might cover it. Some areas also have places totally devoted to massage - some are legitimate, some aren't. You should be able to tell which they are from their advertising and hours.

One word of caution - if you find a massage therapist who you really like you'll be hooked. She'll quickly become your ATF.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Book guy, I'm talking about a woman who has gone to school to become a massage therapist. She gives a professional massage and may need to be licensed depending on which state she works in. But having said that, I'm aware that the level of services available from such people can vary quite widely. So I think you can find pretty much whatever you're looking for but it might take awhile. Personally I'd rather have a good professional massage that doesn't involve any sexual activity than one done by an amatuer with a happy ending. As long as it's given by a young attractive and personable female, that's enough for me. Plus it's going to be a whole lot cheaper.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    Did you mean, "massage" or "massage"? Wink wink nudge nudge ...
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Bookguy and ralphyboy, when I went through what you two seem to be going through, it dawned on me that what I enjoyed the most about going to strip clubs was the intimacy and company of an attractive young woman. As an older guy there didn't seem to be any other ways of achieving that level of intimacy with a young woman, even though there are a lot of other things about strip clubs that I don't much like.

Then one day quite by accident I got a massage from a very attractive young professional massage therapist. And guess what, I discovered that it had most of the elements - intimacy, touching, conversation, privacy - that I most enjoyed about going to a strip club. And it was about half the price. I've been hooked ever since. I highly recommend you try it.

The girl I go to works out of her own home, so I don't have to go to a beauty parlor where there are a bunch of other people around. Such girls often advertise in the Yellow Pages or in local newspapers. They often have business cards on display in supermarkets, gyms, and restaurants. Or if there's a massage school near you, you can get very inexpensive massages from students, which is a good way to find one you like, and when she graduates (or even before in many cases) you're all set. Many independent therapists will even come to your home if you wish, although that may cost a little more.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    I've felt burned out on strip clubs before. However, after a few days of other activities, it seems like an eternity has passed since I have been in a strip club. When you're really busy, something that happened yesterday morning can seem like ages ago.

Last night though, I had one girl ready to give me a massage but I declined due to seeing her big bottle of lotion which I didn't want on me. Then strangely I had a guy tell me a dancer wanted to do something with me. I didn't know what he was talking about and figured it had something to do with her boyfriend trying to talk me into getting a dance from her. A bit strange.

At another club a lot of the dancers with nice tits were all wearing fishnets over their boobs and I liked the look. One wanted to hug me tight and was joking about squeezing me so tight. I didn't know what brought that on but it was fun. I joked with another dancer saying she caught some big ones (in her fishnet). :) I'm ready for a strip club break now.
  • FunSeeker
    18 years ago
    Strip club party goes on forever!

After visiting strip clubs off and on and some times regularly, since mid 1970's, I wanted to give up many many times. It hard to do when I enjoy strip club trips or visiting local or nearby clubs. I've come to a conclusion that it's a hobby/entertainment/something to do after a busy work week. Having fun is healthey too!!
  • ralphyboy
    18 years ago
    I appreciate BookGuys quandary and FONDL's fine advice. As I've pondered a life revolving around that little thing between my legs, and that other little thing bewteen their legs, I've often wondered what new activity would take their place when that twin fascination begins to dwindle. (And it already has). What will fill the vacuum? What substitution? Of course it remains in out heads long after it leaves our loins. I've often heard a 95 year old man's last dying thoughts are of that sweet gash-usually the one he never got. A pleasant prospect or the final hellish torment? You be the judge.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Book Guy, it sounds to me like you are spending an awful lot of time and money in clubs and aren't very pleased with the results. Have you ever tried focusing most of your attention on just one club and one girl? I suggest you make the rounds of your local clubs until you find a girl you really like and then just focus all you time and money on her and see what happens. This will save you a lot of money and might lead to something interesting. And if your local clubs are really crappy, all the better - I think it's actually a lot easier to find and get to know a girl in the little dumpy clubs because there aren't nearly as many customers to contend with and the girls don't make as much money so your money goes a lot further. Plus the little clubs are usually cheaper. Just don't have any goals or expectations, enjoy whatever happens until it isn't any fun anymore, then move on and try again. Personally I think that's the best way to have a really good time in a club.
  • Clubber
    18 years ago
    Golfer99,

I had to cut back on club cisits when I retired and no longer traveled. That wasn't difficult simply because I visited my favorite local clubs more often. When I get a little tired of these clubs (not often), I put them off limits and go visit other local clubs to see if they have gotten better, worse, or stayed the same. This takes about a month or so, then I've either found a "new" favorite, or return to a "new" old favorite.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    Is it actually POSSIBLE to "kick" an interest in strip clubs? Or in mongering and hobbying? I don't think you can. YOu just manage it. It's not like smoking cigarettes, which you can "quit" and then, to your disappointment, "re-start." Rather, it's like addiction to heroin, which you can NEVER really "shake" although you can manage to never take it again.

Thoughts? I wish I could save some money. Actually, I wish more for the lost human-interaction time. I want to meet hot girls, yeah; and I want them to squirm in my lap; but I want to continue that kind of interaction into a "real" boyfriend-girlfriend thing. That's continuation is simply not going to happen (at least not for a dork like me) in a strip club. And yet, off I go, Platinum Plus and Christie's and Ebony Lace this weekend, Babe's and Danny's the next, planning on a trip to Houston for Treasure's and an AMP the next ... :( ...
  • DandyDan
    18 years ago
    I always try to find new clubs, but when you live in the stripclub hell that is Omaha like I do, that can be a challenge. Especially since I've been everywhere reasonably close. Whenever I've been down on stripclubs, I've always tried the local bars, but I've yet to find one that was really a place for me. Concerts are all right, but you got to get tickets first. Same with the local sports teams. Of course, if you live in a minor league town, that's it's own problem, because nobody cares for the team.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Seems to me that clubbing on a business trip and clubbing locally are often two very different experiences. I rarely ever did any clubbing locally but I traveled to the same places frequently enough that I got to know some girls and their clubs really well, so that was the best of both worlds for me. Now that I'm retired don't have the opportunity to do much out-of-town clubbing anymopre, and since I never developed a local habit I guess it's pretty natural that I don't do much clubbing anymore. Plus I think my ATF spoiled it for me - she was so much fun that most of my club visits since she left have been a bit disappointing. I've never found another girl who comes anywhere close to being as much fun, and I sorta got tired of looking.
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    When I used to visit clubs once or twice a week I was prone to burn-out once or twice a year-I would stay away for a month or so and get over it. Now that I'm only able to go once or twice a month I don't really see burnout as a problem. I anticipate every visit and never leave disappointed.

• Golfer99
    18 years ago
    Thanks for the input esp yours shadowcat lol you are always a riot and a real help.
    I should have got up and walked away, when that shit started. Golf and fishing are hobbies. Unfortunately for me I have no local clubs so when I travel every month or two I would try to take advantage of going to several clubs since I would be gone for 2 to 4 days.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I get a massage from an attractive young woman. I'm pretty much in the same boat - I lost interest and haven't been to a club since last August. But I'll probably try it again some day when the right opportunity comes along. Meanwhile the massages have been great plus they're cheaper, so I've been spending a lot less.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I resolve to cut down on three day club trips and to get up and move when strippers start talking shop. That kind of overkill will take the fun out of any addiction.
  • komey1970
    18 years ago
    local sports teams do it for me.
  • PBTC
    18 years ago
    Hmmm, evidently more golf isn't the answer?

Fishing works for me sometimes.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Venue change! Try regular night clubs now.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion