tuscl

How Long Should a Lap Dance Last ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
OK. Rookie question. But would like to know if there is a "known/accepted" time length for a lap-dance/song?
(Is there a governing body for this kind of stuff - maybe there should be!!!).

Reason I ask is b/c I don't always necessarily go to the "classiest" SCs (don't ask why!). The less "classy" a SC usually the less well managed and these SCs don't seem to have a very good grasp w.r.t. customer service - sometimes I wonder if they can even spell customer service!

A while back I at a SC and there were more dancers than customers. For some reason the f*****g DJ was cutting each song at about 1.5 minutes to 2 mins. max. WTF??? I think he was just trying to let the girls go through their stage routine more quickly or something - but it sucked if you wanted to get LDs.

That occasion was not the first - although it doesn't happen that often. But now, when I am @ certain clubs, I use the stopwatch on my phone prior to getting any LDs to gauge whether I will be getting my LD's worth @ that SC.

So how long should a LD/song be? Thanks.

20 comments

• JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    In my real heart felt opinion it would be 5min for the $$ they charge....and yes man I've seen that 2min bull spit ! I want buy a fuckin dance unless I get 4min......if you get in good with the dj at some clubs they will hook you up with some long ass songs ! Normaly takes a litte green tho
  • Papi_Chulo
    13 years ago
    Yeah Che.

It sometimes comes as a bit of shock when a dance seems to be longer than I am used to. I too have experienced that - although not near the norm of course - and have told the dancer "this is still dance 'x' right?".

Another thing that I hate if I go to a club where they play a lot of urban/hip-hop music and I don't-know/can't-tell when one song ends or another one begins - especially if the DJ is trying to "show off" his mixing skillz.
  • Papi_Chulo
    13 years ago
    @Che,

Oh yeah about your comment "shortening the songs as the night went by".

Thanks for the tip; I'll definitely keep this in mind.

It would not surprise me either that they would shorten the dances when there are a lot more customers in the club b/c the girls are at a premium and also they can cycle thru customers/dances more quickly and make more $$$.
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    most of the PA clubs I've been to tend to be $20 = 4 minutes. In other clubs I've been to, I would also think LDs were about 4 minutes long but prices varied ($25/$30).
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    simple the more you spend with the girl your with the longer the dance lasts
  • pabloantonio
    13 years ago
    The average song from the artist is about 3 minutes long. That is how long a lap dance is usually.

The exception being if the DJ backs the song up a bit so the stage dancer can get to all the guys wanting to tip her.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    The best club here in Columbus in terms of dancer quality is Kahoots but price is $30/3 minutes. Pretty sad though that it is good value for Columbus standards where $35-40 is the price at some clubs per song ( variable length)
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    IMHO a regularly priced song s/b approx 3 - 3.5 min. During promos/specials, its not unusual to find the songs are now 2 - 2.5 min each. It often surprises the hell out of dancers when I tell them that I'd prefer to wait until AFTER the special to have our dances. Sure, regular dances are more expensive, but IME they are often worth it.
  • Ermita_Nights
    13 years ago
    I guess I spend too much time in the clubs, I now recognize many of the songs. If the DJ cuts them short, that's a deal breaker for me. I walk out and don't come back.
  • Stiletto25
    13 years ago
    Ah yes the 2 minute dances. I would say the majority of the time they are around 3 to 3.5 minutes. Usually depends on the club. I've worked places where they cut songs to less than two minutes and customers always complained.
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    The club I worked at, I controlled the music, while the DJ talked. He told me to cut the music off at 3 min. But it does vary depending on the club. I have timed the 2-4-1 dances at Christie's in Phoenix at about 1:15-1:30. Would have to agree with SamPepys. Jukeboxes don't shortchange and you get your money's worth.
  • TABB
    13 years ago
    Rh48hr told me when he worked as a DJ in a strip club management told him don't play songs for more then 2:30 min. I can't tell what DJ's at my favorite club will play there music short or not more then 4 min.
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    To answer the original poster's question, as long as possible. Of course, that's not really realistic. I know at one club I go to, according to the rules set down by management, they have to go between 3 and 5 minutes. I don't specifically know why that is, but I suspect customers used to complain incessantly about how short songs were for private dances. It's probably only fair considering one song is overpriced as it is. As for my favorite club, there is no overriding logic to anything there, so sometimes you get lucky and they play something like the long version of Free Bird or you get unlucky, and you get a 3 minute song, but it's all the same. Of course, most of the time there, I pay for the VIP, which is a set length of time, so song length is irrevelant there.
  • bluemonday
    13 years ago
    girls on stage usually pick their own music for their set, they are told (in my main club at least) to make it a 4 min track.

if the girl is doing well on stage and getting good tips, the dj may run the final song longer so she can collect more money, but will announce for all to hear in the back, 'dancers do not continue' and they will end their dance with you, however if you are buying another dance, this is bonus time for you as the customer and doesnt count.

i also never let a girl start mid song, this again is a way they can do less time. pre-song waiting in the booth also counts as bonus time for me as far as i'm concerned. if they are not being so friendly before the song starts, or trying to be starting mid-song, i just say forget it with that dancer and quickly move on.
  • thesamurai
    13 years ago
    I've actually found the dive joints are the best because they usually don't have DJs. The girls stick their dollar in the juke box and choose their favorite shit, so you can get songs from 3-??? minutes. I like getting couch dances and whatever chick picks nine inch nails to dance to :)
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    One thing I've done, being an afternoon clubber, is get a VIP room. Usually they are heavily discounted or can be had for free if you become a regular. Negotiate with the dancer, her price. It will always be a bargain compared to the LD areas, plus they are much more private.
  • stripclubspy
    13 years ago
    Visited a club in Akron once with a juke box. Girls only danced on stage when they felt like it, so sometimes there would be a break in songs... and the dancers in the VIP would shout "Hello!!???!! Start another damn song!!!"

In Bogarts one day a dancer came stomping down the stairs from the VIP loudly cursing the DJ (loud enough for him to hear) about the length of the last song played... while her customer walked sheepishly behind her. Typical example of how many of them just don't get it. If your dancer acts like it was torture to sit on your lap for 6 minutes instead of 4, will she get your repeat business?
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    Speaking of dives with jukeboxes...just for fun sometime take out your calculator and figure what the owners are making from a jukebox.

If the club is open from 11 am to 2 pm six days a week and songs are played almost non stop every 3 to 4 minutes @ $3 a pop. Do the math.
  • big_d_2011
    13 years ago
    From my rookie experience, 3-4 minutes seems to be the average. My favorite at the moment became my favorite when I received my first dance from her and she felt the DJ had cheated during the last song (was during a 2 for 1) and she kept grinding for another minute once the music stopped. I informed her that the second song had finished and she said "You were cheated and I am going to make it up to you". Maybe she was just working for an extra tip, but I have had dances before where even if I felt cheated on time, they just stopped. She made a good business decision and I have been a return customer for her.
  • FunSeeker
    13 years ago
    Anything shorter than 4 minutes for a LD costing $20 to $30 is total waste of money. Many times 2 for 1 are rip-offs with songs cut short to 2.5 or less than two minutes. Last few years, before getting the LDs, I make a sense of the length of songs; then I decide to get LDs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion