tuscl

Private Dance Tipping

Monday, February 6, 2012 9:22 AM
I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to the club scene, having only gone enough to count it on two hands at best twice, but I was wondering about the etiquette of tipping for private dances. I have always been under the impression that it is strongly encouraged, however several times after receiving dances, the lady asked if I would like to tip her for her dances. Now, to clarify, these dances are private, non-VIP lap dances, so my question is, is it expected or optional? To add to the question, what is considered a fair value tip on a $20 dance? I know the club obviously gets a cut of the $20 so normally I tip $5 per dance. One dancer always compliments my generosity, many say thank you, and some say nothing, so I'm wondering if I'm in the right range. Normally if I get 3 dances, I'll just tip her $20 instead of $5 per out of ease of convenience but adjust up more sometimes if I really enjoyed my dances from her (since I don't have a club fave). On top of that, I've been solicited for VIP for $300 for 30 minutes. If I ever go do VIP with a lady, what is the normal decent tip (obviously something I'd adjust up/down based on the quality of dancing I get) for that?

15 comments

• mjx01
    12 years ago
    Tipping is always expected. If you don't tip something, it most likely will bit you on your next visit. Obviously how much you 'like' a dancer affects the tipping, but IMO the club setup also has a lot to do with it as well. At my 'regular' club (although not really a regular anymore since xATF fallout) the $20/song LDs have a 50/50 split between the house and dancer. Before the economy went in the shitter I always tipped my favorites $10 per song. Post downturn and 5 months between jobs, I went with $5 tip per song. I've been traveling to clubs further from home lately. When I manage to get some hand romaing, I try to tip more because of increased mileage. Now, in some clubs the house take all of the room/VIP fee and the dancer only get what you 'tip.' Usually, you negotiate her base price upfront and then depending on her performance tack on a little extra.
  • mmdv26
    12 years ago
    Tips are a reward for above average service. I use tips to help out when I get some extra's thrown in the dance. Even then, I point out that I did more dances than I normally would have done if she hadn't been giving me some extra's.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    If the girl abides by her agreement to let me grope her (the only way she'll have sold me a lapdance), I'll give her a $5 or $10 tip, depending on how much I enjoyed it. I've also been known to employ the "thanks for a fun evening" tip when I leave the club, as Che suggests.
  • JacksonEsskay
    12 years ago
    I also tip for above average service. If a dancer impresses me, I want to show her a little appreciation. Typically, when I tip after a private dance or (more likely) dances, its about 25%.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    If it's not good, I stop at one and don't tip. If it's good, I'll do maybe three and tip $10.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I rarely tip but I'm not worried about dancers not coming back to me asking for dances since I know they will. If a dancer gives me an extra I may tip her. If she asks for a tip for nothing that unusual and I don't care about getting more dances from her I might tip her a couple extra dollars. Sometimes not. Sometimes I will tip just a couple so she leaves peacefully and make a mental note to avoid her in the future. I don't care for dancers asking for tips unless they really took extra good care of me and that rarely happens in a strip club IMO.
  • thesamurai
    12 years ago
    Usually when I get dances, its a string of them. If I stop at one, its because I didn't think much of it and I usually won't tip in that case. Otherwise I tip well. I will not ever tip though, if she suggests I do so.
  • Stiletto25
    12 years ago
    Where I do the majority of my dancing, lap dance prices are high and I don't expect a tip. If someone buys $90 worth, they'll usually give me $100. If they do $280 worth, they'll give me $300 etc. I dont expect [view link] not going to be mad if someone doesn't do it
  • Blue42TX
    12 years ago
    I usually tip 20-40....but not more. If you tip higher....they will expect that amount next time and may be disappointed if u tip lower than before.
  • uscue13
    12 years ago
    Tip for a LD enough times and it eventually becomes expected. Expectations vs Reality can lead to drama in the club which I don't want. That said, in line with the guys that tip Stiletto, I normally tip as a top-off. If the dances were 25, I'll just give 30. If it was two for 30 and I have two twenties, I'll just give the two twenties unless I REALLY didn't like her in which case I'll ask for the change back. If tips are requested, she gets blacklisted (unless she does something I REALLY like). Bishop, since you're new to it all, what has been your tipping parameters for the waitresses/bartenders?
  • bluemonday
    12 years ago
    never ever tipped a dancer an no-one ever had a problem, may buy 'em a drink if they want to sit a while, but $20 a dance is $20 a dance and expensive enough. i do tip the wait staff and barman, but thats all. most of these girls are walking out of the club with $600-900 (much more in some cases) and easy making enough. don't fall for no sob stories.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    I do not tip for table/lap dances unless there are extras involved.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    I'm not a tipper for lap dances. I only tip at the stage. If I like a dancer, I become a regular of hers. If she asks for a tip, it's likely the last time she'll see me. She'll make far more money from me over the long run if she accepts the posted price for the dances.
  • bobvz
    12 years ago
    Example...last night in a VIP room for two hours....$200 tip, and it's worth every penny!
  • Bishop4224
    12 years ago
    @uscue13 - I tip the waitresses/bartenders like I would if I'm at a bar...a larger tip with my first drink to ensure prompt service and a dollar per drink after (I usually go during happy hour and only get bottled beer at $2.75 per). As I'm winding down my drinking, I give them another decent sized tip to ensure my glass is always filled with water before hitting the road. I guess I've learned that I've been doing unnecessary tipping and I vastly over tipped with my one 30 minute VIP experience (gave her a hundo)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion