tuscl

The 'Payday Friday' Phenomenon

Sure seems to me the talent level rises on a Friday afternoon & evening. Top clubs like Brad's Brass in Indy and Cannonball Cabaret in Toronto come to mind. Yet I'm surprised by how many guys continually complain (via their reviews) about a lack of eye candy and low-and-behold their visits are on non-Fridays. Sure folks go when they can go, but wouldn't you want to try out your favorite club on a Friday to see if payday for the customer does indeed lure the A talent to work at the club? Especially if you're concerned about eye candy (as opposed to mileage, er milage as the French Canadians call it)?

12 comments

• shadowcat
    13 years ago
    CT - I doubt that "Payday Friday" has much to do with it. I think that in todays world paydays are more likely the 1st & 15th. The reason more dancers show up on Fri & Sat nights is because these are the traditional busiest nights,since a lot of people have weekends off. Personally I avoid clubbing on weekend nights to avoid the crowds.
  • GoVikings
    13 years ago
    " but wouldn't you want to try out your favorite club on a Friday to see if payday for the customer does indeed lure the A talent to work at the club?"

yes, and that's exactly why my visits are usually on a friday. i understand that many people on here hate the huge crowd that the weekend brings, but there's no denying this is when the best dancer talent is available.

the problem i've experienced multiple times, is that i i go to a club anytime between sunday and thursday, there's a good chance the dancer talent won't be good, ESPECIALLY if it's during the day. i HATE the day shift. i'm not saying hot dancers can't be found on the day shift (because they can) but 9 out of 10 times it's A LOT better at nite on a friday or saturday

and i actually get paid on wednesday. weird, huh?

if i didn't have so many disappointing day visits,
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Friday day shift is a popular time here in Columbus at Kahoots.

Columbus Gold usually opens at 4pm but on Fridays they open at 11:30am and have a free buffet (no cover) until 7pm.

Dayton has a air force base. I am guessing on military paydays the clubs get packed.
  • GoVikings
    13 years ago
    lol, that last line I thought I got rid of before I pressed 'post comment'

this board really needs an edit function. or maybe i should just read my own post, before submitting it LOL
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    I don't think Fridays bring out better talent, they just bring out more talent. I don't know how much payday has to do with it either, since many jobs pay only on certain days of the month. That said, my job pays me every other Friday, and I usually go on Fridays and Saturdays, but that is also a function of working the night shift.
  • jestrite50
    13 years ago

A lot of the Clubs pay their girls on Fridays so in Clubs like Concepts Lawrenceburg IN all the girls are there on Friday to pick up their pay envelope.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Thanks all for the feedback. I'm just amazed at the lack of eye candy comments made in reviews and the writers are missing out on the best day more often than not.
  • canny
    13 years ago
    Strippers work when they can earn money. When they can't earn money, they won't go in to work. That's why the number of strippers in a club goes up the later it gets, they earn their money after midnight, not at 7 PM. The same goes for which nights they work, they earn more money on Friday and Saturday than any other nights.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    I think it's better to go when you're broke you spend less
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    I agree with shadow and canny. Fri and Sat are just busier days becasue of weekend. More clients = more cash regarless of payday. I also try to avoid excessive crowds. I try to go late enough on Fri/Sat that the talent has started to roll in, but before the crowd get overwelming.

goviking, yeh, your odds of 7-ups are poorer on day shift. However, that is my ideal setup when I can find it.

I get paid on the last working day of the month. I haven't personally experienced this, but I am a believer in the 'rent's due tomorrow' phenomenon.
  • Jackmd
    13 years ago
    Friday Saturday night is true all over. A lot of clubs I know actually require that the dancers work days during the week in order to work Friday or Saturday nights.
  • wallanon
    13 years ago
    What Jack said. There's usually a quality gal or two taking one for the team during the week. It's also when they get their regulars in so those guys get their personal time. At least the dancers that put enough thought into it to work the game that way. But anyway, I've found myself drifting toward less crowded times myself. There are few places where an overcrowded room adds anything positive to the experience.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion