tuscl

Minimum Standards

Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:47 AM
I recently was at a club around 7:30 when a guy walked in whom you could not avoid noticing. This was because he was loud. Not so loud that you'd expect management to do something, but loud enough to be noticed. He was dressed in torn and dusty work cloths and appeared to need some hosing off. He drank like a fish and sat at the stage and made fairly crude comments to the dancers. He had a couple of friends with him who were quieter but it was clear that he thought he was the alpha-dog. This seemed strange to me because I saw no tips nor trips to the private dance area. Nothing but bad taste comments and 7 year old behavior. It became so obnoxious to me that I left and went to the place down the road; but it got me to thinking: What are the minimum standards to which practiced users of SCs hold themselves? What sort of dress, personal hygiene and behavior are appropriate for and work best in the venue? Obviously this guy is a character at the far end of the spectrum, but do such folk ultimately wind up moving the range of normalcy?

25 comments

• shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I belive that the majority of people that participate on this forum understand and practice the value of going to strip clubs in a clean state. Unforunately not all customers read this board and follow suit. However I would not let a customer/s run me out of a club because of their behavior unless I was of course worried about my safty.
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    Showered. Clean clothes. Polite. I aim for biz casual. That may be more that 'mimimum' dress code, but I think all involved benefit from something other than jeans. I don't want to look like I have no money (= no attention) but I don't want to be peged as a high roller (and get mugged)either.
  • troop
    13 years ago
    was farmerart in colorado recently, lol just joking art, whereever you are :-)
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    No slobbering on the dancers! (Yeah, it really happened and I was fortunate to see and avoid it.)
  • Shamrock211
    13 years ago
    Weren't there Floor Hosts at the club? I would've warned the guy nicely once and then he would've been done. I won't have an asshole customer insulting my girls and driving my other customers away. Maybe its time to climb the SC ladder to a better place.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    I'm also wondering why you let this guy drive you out, at least without notifying a manager of why you were leaving.
  • txtittyfan
    13 years ago
    If TUSCL had standards, there would be no Douchester.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    Agree mjx01 I can't imagine walking into a club without clean clothes. (No jeans). And the grooming basics - shower, shave, brush teeth. But then, I don't think I'm typical. I'm not the afterwork, stop in for a beer, and dash. For me, it's a night out and it's typically a long stay. -- Sorry - I certainly don't mean to put down the hardworking laborers in this country, but I cringe when I see some guys walk into a club wearing a dirty, greasy, mechanics uniform with a "Joe" patch sewn on the shirt. I see it all the time (at certain clubs).
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    I have no class or taste at all! I mean, I even visit with vm along! :)
  • Sowhatt
    13 years ago
    I routinely wear jeans, but they're nice jeans and I have on a collared, button down shirt. No problems in the response department.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    I don't believe that the regular posters on this site are at all representative of strip club goers as a whole. Not based on what *I* have seen in three decades of going.
  • thesamurai
    13 years ago
    You gotta love blue collar clubs.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    There have been numerous TUSCL discussions and articles on the subject of etiquette. I suggest you use the Google advanced search feature: [view link] Enter the word "etiquette," and limit the search to [view link] and you'll come up with lots of entries. I just tried it. There's all the advice you could use there.
  • Rlionheart
    13 years ago
    This is great, thanks And especially to Club_Goer - what a great feature!
  • Player11
    13 years ago
    I believe this is an isolated experience (or cameo appearance by Dougster) but surprised management or boucner did not toss him out.
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    I'm not into clubs that attract people who dress like they just got off work from IBM. I don't pay $30 for a lap dance either. The clubs I frequent are filled with guys in jeans anytime of the year, and shorts in better weather. And yes, some of the clubs are OK with guys wearing sweat pants, too! So, it depends on the club as far as what is appropriate to wear, but good personal hygiene is required in all cases. Most construction workers who are hot, sweaty and dirty want to take a shower before going anywhere after work. It's guys that don't shower for several days that smell pretty ripe and create an odor problem anywhere they go, including strip clubs.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Some clubs in Detroit have a valet policy. They won't just let guys off the street walk into the club unless they drive up and hand over their keys to the valet.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    One club I used to visit a lot prohibited anything with just a waistband. That meant no sweatpants, no running suits, no shorts. I actually saw the bouncers lift up guy's shirts to verify their pants had a belt. I have minimum standards for dancers. 8, 9, or 10 if I can get it. I figure I'm increasing my odds if I've taken a shower and am wearing business casual. The slobs who want a $3 dollar Bud Lite and a will settle for a 4 can dress as they please.
  • canny
    13 years ago
    I was talking with a brand new stripper, it was her first night, and the woman who works the door this weekend and the woman who works the door advised the new stripper to avoid the guys who come in wearing suits because they don't spend any money. Business casual, yes. Jeans, yes. Suits and ties, no.
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    I myself will go to strip clubs wearing jeans. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to change into more dress casual clothes, but I've only been to a couple of places where I felt out of place wearing jeans. But one thing I won't do is go to a club straight from work. (This is helped out immensely by the fact I work the overnight shift.) The amazing thing is I've been to a couple places where the customers have come in dirty and the girls flock to them.
  • troop
    13 years ago
    wtf? this has turned into another what should i wear thread, lol btw, i'm always spotless, clean, freshly showered, with clean launderd clothes when i enter a club. i expect nothing less from myself.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Last week a favorite told me that it was getting too cold to wear my shorts. Told me to wear sweat pants and go commando. Said that they have easy access. Ok. I'm am gonna be a good boy and do what I am told.
  • staxwell
    13 years ago
    shadow, she sounds like a keeper.
  • pablorod
    13 years ago
    Shadow... I agree with stax... As for dress, I typically would go for a very clean look. I like a really nice polo and some nice jeans. I think it works out well. I dress up for work all the time, I just want to relax a bit at the club.
  • wallanon
    13 years ago
    I won't heckle a dancer when she's on stage. That's about it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion