tuscl

only hit 7% of the Top 100 clubs. I must be "slipping" in this hobby.

nj_pete
New Jersey
Monday, October 10, 2011 3:50 PM
On the current top 100 (overall) clubs list. I've only been to 7. Who has hit the highest percentage on this list?

28 comments

• gatorfan
    13 years ago
    The first 2 arent even in the country
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    I'm at 0% so far.
  • runrdude
    13 years ago
    I've only hit 4 but I've only been clubbing less than a year. I have three more on my calendar for this year. GMD, when you get tired of your OTC gig, Lexington is not that far away and has three in the top 100. Two of the three are well worth it IMHO.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    I honestly don't think I'm missing much. Sure, I'll likely go to one if I ever find myself in a city that hosts one (though I've foregone that opportunity on a couple of occasions for a variety of reasons), but, even without my "OTC gig", I'm not convinced that it would be significantly better elsewhere. I'm sure there are many who see the local reviews, and my tirades on the self-righteous biddies that currently comprise the council, and say "not for me". That doesn't particularly bother me, if I'm being completely honest. I've reached a point in my life that I'm fat and happy here in little den of iniquity, and I not terribly motivated to wander anymore.
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    7% with the current Top 100. Three of the seven are Top 10's.
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    I've been in 16 of them that I can remember. I was conservative and left off a couple that I thought I hit, but was not positive about because it was a long time ago and I was drunk. You know, these ratings are so regional in nature that it is really tough to use them to compare clubs nationwide. For example, #19 is Gallaghers 2000. Compared to Manhattan clubs it is indeed a breath of fresh air in terms of value of VIP dances as well as slightly lower drink prices, but those of you from places like Atlanta and Florida would likely choke upon what it costs just to buy drinks there as well as the never ending tip walk parades as you sit at the bar. A couple of drinks per hour and a couple of bucks per girl can quickly cause cash burn at a rate of $60-80 per hour EVEN BEFORE you think about getting a dance or VIP. And you will likely find that the ROI for that VIP is far below standards in many areas. It is quite easy to drop several hundred in this place without even thinking or trying too hard, but since it is relatively gentle compared to Manhattan prices posters have been giving it high value marks. For that matter, reviewers have also been quite generous with the dancer ratings, no doubt in gratitude for actually finding a decent club in NYC. I've seen several other examples of this phenomenon as well. Foxy Lady Providence is yet another good one. The girls tend to be hot there, but the facility is kinda' dumpy - even though they work hard to jazz it up - and the value is definitely on the low side for Providence, but somehow it makes this list. Anyone from places like Dallas, Vegas, or even Atlanta would likely find the facility a joke compared to what they have available, and in both Atlanta and Dallas (and even other clubs in Providence) you could do much better on the value front, but nonetheless the Foxy made it in over several better clubs in other regions. Anyway, there it is fwiw.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    19 % so far. :)
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    2/100 (actually more than I would have guessed) Rick is correct. The ratings are so regional, that the top 100 list really doesn't mean anything. Savanna's on Hanna (#20) is a nice club, but way over rated compared to Dallas / Flordia / Toronto. There are clubs not on the top 100 that I would probablly perfer to go to. (PS: Rick you have great avatars!)
  • minnow
    13 years ago
    26% here, as of today. Five of those clubs I visited prior to Tuscl membership, with some absences over 10 years. Some clubs that I've been to before aren't on T100 list. Virtually all T100 clubs I've been to, I would return to, though have varying degrees of enthusiasm about making a special, go out of my way for trip to the club(s).
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    I suck at math I've been to 4 what does that equal
  • silkypants
    13 years ago
    I am at 9% with 5 of the top ten. There is one club where I live in the top 100. The next closest top 100 club is in either Indy or St Louis. I have been using the top ten list as my guide to find out what the rest of North America has to offer. Still so many places to go.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    I have reviewed 32 different clubs; only 5 appear in the top 100, and two of those do not deserve to be ranked that high. Geography is a big determinant to ranking on this list as is proximity to a large population base. Personally, I have little use for the Top 100 list. The reviews are much more valuable to me when I am traveling.
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    I've been to 3% of them.
  • minnow
    13 years ago
    Correction: End of second sentence should read- "aren't on T100 list anymore". Lastly, Gatorfan is at 4%, not even in the running.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Only 4%. I don't travel much anymore. Basically I am a 2 club man and happy with what I have. I do agree with Rick also.
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    I've hit at least seven of them. Five of which are in Phoenix, one in Denver and Adelita's. It may be a couple more as I went to one in Vegas back in college, but don't remember which one and the same in Minneapolis, I remember the name of the place was Solid Gold, but it doesn't exist anymore or went through a name change.
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    I've only been to three of the top 100. I can never time it right to go to the Industrial Strip in Hammond, IN, or else I'd have 4. I'd have 5 if I ever thought about getting a membership for Paradise Saloon in Lawrence, KS, but I don't go down there enough to make it worth it. Of course, my real problem with the top 100 is that the vast majority of the top 100 is in places I haven't been to in a long time, if ever. On the flip side, there probably are places in Iowa, just to name one state, that could make the top 100 if they had enough reviewers.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Congrats to minnow and everyone. Where you go is where you go. I hope everyone has had good times.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    13% for sure, but there are a couple I may have visited, years ago, judging by their address. Likely a different name now. So, 13%-15%. I've been to a couple in Mexico, but they aren't, and should not be, included on the list!
  • rell
    13 years ago
    im at only 4% 1 of them im suprised made the top 100 ..wow
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    11 of the top 100. I see Million Dollar is at # 104, just out of qualifying. I found some gems while there such that I never thought of leaving. And those gems could be negotiated down to Detroit prices. Tough to not give that high praise imo.
    13 years ago
    12, possibly 13.
  • ArtCollege
    13 years ago
    8, and I, too, was surprised to see some so-so places on the top 100 list.
  • dudeanonymous
    13 years ago
    14%. Many of those before I became a TUSCL member. Some of the ones I've been to in the current Top 100 I would not go out of my way to visit again.
  • runrdude
    13 years ago
    I was in one of them today. Another was just down the road and I have no plans to visit it as it is the third best club in the town. Everything is relative.
  • TimboAtl
    13 years ago
    23 out of 100. Only 5 in the last year. Used to travel around a lot on an expense account. I'm with dudeanonymous, there are several that I wouldn't include on my own top 100 list.
  • metaldude
    13 years ago
    I'm at 15 and think at least half don't belong on the list
  • supertramp79
    13 years ago
    I'm 21 of the top 50. I agree that they are so different that it is hard to understand how some are highly rated and some aren't.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion