tuscl

Military Pay Day at Strip Clubs

Club_Goer_Seattle
Seattle, Washington
Sunday, September 4, 2011 2:51 PM
In my nearly twenty years of strip club-going, I had never experienced this before. I happened into the only strip club in my area that is near a military installation: Joint Base Lewis McChord, just south of Lakewood, Washington (see my 9/2/2011 review of Deja Vu, Lakewood, WA). I've been there many times before, and was aware that it was the only strip club near the base. But, this time, (9/1/2011) I just happened to go when it was military pay day. When I was talking to a dancer there whom I spent a lot of time with that night, she explained to me that the military gets paid on the first and fifteenth of each month. No matter what day of the week that falls on, you can expect a lot of dancers to be working to serve the large military crowd that comes in that night. (Some were even in uniform while I was there.) And the soldiers and airmen do spend money there. They're not just “looky-loos.” I found it great just to go to a club when a large number of dancers were working. Being a Thursday night, I expected a pretty good turnout of dancers, but this seemed even busier than usual. If you're not familiar with a club, and just want to see the largest quantity of dancers on shift that it's likely to have, military pay day might be a good time to go, other than the predictable Friday and Saturday nights. I plan to try this again, but in November, when the first and fifteenth fall on Tuesdays. Have any of you experienced “military pay day” at a strip club? If so, what was your experience? (Dancer comments especially welcome.)

11 comments

• HB13
    13 years ago
    I avoid it. When you have lots of young, boozed-up, cash-throwing airmen/ privates/ sailors/ marines, trouble has a good chance of following. And if they're not supposed to be in "uniform." Unless for the navy guys, they're on "shore patrol" (stopping fights, bringing drunks back, etc.).
  • HB13
    13 years ago
    I avoid it. When you have lots of young, boozed-up, cash-throwing airmen/ privates/ sailors/ marines, trouble has a good chance of following. And they're not supposed to be in "uniform." Unless for the navy guys, they're on "shore patrol" (stopping fights, bringing drunks back, etc.).
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    The Playhouse south of Council Bluffs, Iowa is across the river from Offutt AFB, and yes, they do come out en masse on military pay day. I went there once on the first of the month in the middle of the week and was surprised to see so many people there. It was basically all Air Force people. One of my favorites loves working those days, because they have a tendency to buy lap dances at a higher rate than the norm.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    There is a military base in Dayton. Maybe that is why they still have some decent clubs left despite all this ohio legislation.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Sounds a lot like the glory days of the Detroit auto industry. White collar execs got paid on the first and fifteenth of the month. Dancers marked their calendars and their marks.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    In my military days, because I knew how to stretch a buck, I was in the clubs three to four days a week. It wasn't so much "pay days" in San Diego as it was "the fleet is in". When they were in, lots of sailors, but they were absolute amateurs when it came to American strippers. It was obvious that they were used to Asian strippers, who let the guys do anything they wanted, whereas in early 80's San Diego clubs, pussy wasn't for sale. Having said that, I was on the Ranger once when it docked in Subic Bay. The flip hookers came to the docks and if you had a twenty, you had company-however, on day one, pussy was twenty bucks an hour, but by the end of the week, pussy was twenty bucks a night. I cringed at that because I just wasn't fond of dipping my wick where at least hundreds had been.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    I aint joining the military for a strip club discount
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    When I was stationed in Japan, the POP always went up on payday. Demand exceeded supply. But today in the U.S.A. it must be a local thing. I do not see it in Atlanta (Ft Gillem) or Columbia SC(FT Jackson). In Atlanta it may just be the vast anount of clubs. I know that in Columbia the troops are subject to strict base rules on off base trips. ie curfews.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    ss1, I can recall visiting a club right near Wright-Pat, but can't remember that name. Only went once as it was a bit far from my normal area. Seem to recall it was a good experience, none the less.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I have similar pay times. A few people only get paid at the end of the month. I've noticed if the last pay period of the month falls a couple of days past the last weekend of the month or if there is an odd weekend pretty far away from pay times, clubs will often either have a lot less customers or they will be skimping back on what they buy even in non military towns. I have noticed bigger crowds at Platinum Plus in Columbia on the weekends around the 1st and 15th. It's not just the military using that pay schedule. There could be other factors working to draw in crowds like a college game in some towns. If the 15th fell on a weekend so everyone got paid and the following weekend is something like that the 23rd or a whole week short of payday, then many clubs are less crowded unless they have something else going on in the area or the customers know how to budget a lot a better.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I've mainly observed the larger weekend night crowds.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion