tuscl

Obligation to get LD?

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 12:20 PM
I'm sitting here in class and was thinking about stopping by a club to get some drinks and look at some ladies. But I'm not really in a mood to blow some big bucks and get a room or a lap dance. I just want to drink and look at pretty girls get naked while tipping, of course. Do you ever feel an obligation to get a dance if you are in the club for an hour or so?

29 comments

• joesparty
    13 years ago
    No. And by tipping, you're already more generous than many of the guys there. Just say a polite no if anyone asks.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    What joe said.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Hell no never ever feel obligated. On [view link] they will give another answer but don't give a fuck about them. They are pill popping narcissists.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    No, but usually if I go to a club it is to get dances.
  • highroller23
    13 years ago
    Agreed with everyone else. You should feel an obligation to "give" something, especially if it is free cover hours and drink specials. This is not a bar and it is not a peep show. But if you are tipping, than you are doing the bare minimum and in my book, that is just enough. Tell you what, I will meet you there (not the same club I'm sure, but nevertheless).
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    When I have a case of writer's block I'll go the club and not get an LD. It's better for me creatively. Something about the music + lights + girls on stage = a plot develops. Metaphorically speaking, it's like drinking an entire gallon of castor oil.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    No, I never feel an "obligation". If I like a dancer I see, I'll get a dance or maybe more. If not, I support the club by having a drink, then I'm on my merry way.
  • ww
    13 years ago
    I wouldn't feel obligated...however, I'm not likely to stay an hour or more if there is no one that interests me enough to get a dance from...
  • m00tpoint
    13 years ago
    One of the clubs we went to had a sign that mandated everyone get at least two lap dances. (The Factory) They did not enforce it but we have never been back anyway.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    Sometimes I like to go on a "scouting mission," as I refer to it. That's when I know that no dancers I know will be at a particular club, and I go just to see who some of the others dancers are without being distracted by the dancers I know. I usually go with the intention of not getting dances, but If I see dancers I like, I will return another time. If they ask me for a dance, I might say something like, "I'm just here for a short visit today, but I'd like to come back another time, when I have more time. May I pleae have your schedule?"
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    I do feel an obligation, but probably not the way you mean. The closest decent club to me is a 1.5 to 2 hour drive. If I spend that much time and effort to get there, I'm getting a lap dance, dammit. More to your point, if there was a decent club that I could just pop into quickly, I'd be fine with just doing some stage tipping.
  • staxwell
    13 years ago
    If don't have or want to spend, don't! But, you're buying drinks, so it's not like you're just wasting club space.
  • dudeanonymous
    13 years ago
    Never feel obligated. If you don't like the goods, don't buy (or rent, as the case may be). I've gone to clubs just for eye candy, especially when I'm in a city where the clubs offer relatively lame LDs. But do tip if you are going to engage the girls on stage.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    When I go to a SC I WANT to spend some bucks. I will at least buy one drink as I check out the talent. My SC visits are precious. I want to make the most that I can out of each visit. Now that I am back in business I no longer have the time to troll aimlessly through various SCs to find what I want. I don't consider this an 'obligation'. I consider it an efficient use of time and money.
  • zman429
    13 years ago
    Usually it works out like this: okay I'll scout this club out and maybe get a dance. Then Pamela Anderson double comes up would you like VIP heck yeah :( lol
  • Strappyg1
    13 years ago
    No, you shouldn't feel obligated. but if I spend an extended amount of time talking to a dancer and I know I'm not getting a LD, i may tip her a little extra. Now if she doesn't get the hint that i dont want her sitting with me i dont feel obligated at all.
  • stripclubspy
    13 years ago
    No, never feel obligated. The only time I would feel that at all would be if the place was packed and there was a line outside. As long as I'm not preventing the next guy from sitting down, I don't feel guilty. If a dancer comes over, however, and says "would you like some company", I do feel some obligation if I let her join me. So, if I don't want LDs that night, I'll say "sure, but I'm not planning to get any dances. Happy to buy you a drink, though" (assuming I even want her to sit down). If she does stay for a while and acts nice I'll give her a nice tip, too.
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    Like farmerart, I go to clubs with the sole intention of getting dances, so I'm not the type to be happy with only tipping. But it's not an obligation for me - it's why I'm there. If I leave w/o getting a single dance (for whatever reason), I consider the visit a major disappointment.
  • LeeH
    13 years ago
    If my luck the last time I went to a club holds out, the next time I go not wanting to get dances, I'll go fully intending to do so. Then I won't get approached by any dancers. That money is STILL burning a hole in my pocket.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Dancers will try to guilt trip you into buying dances or tipping for conversation you didn't invite. Wear your "No thank you" badge on your lapel.
  • GoVikings
    13 years ago
    nah, i don't feel obligated to get a lap dance. however, just watching doesn't do much for me. which is why i don't go unless i have enough to get at least once dance.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    If the right dancer is there, of course I am obligated to buy dances. To myself, not her or the club.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I go club hopping on occasion and there is usually at least one club where I almost never buy lap dances. One club has a much better overall value for the lap dances while the other clubs routinely overcharge for lap dances and they suck in one club that I haven't been to in ages now. There have been times in the past when I was short on funds due to some rather large bills I paid or needed to pay and cutting out money for lap dances was an easy way to take care of that without staying home and avoiding not going to strip clubs. However you need a strong will or not much money on you to stay within a tight budget.
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    No obligation for me, and I have gone a couple of times and not received LD's because I wasn't pleased with the talent and/or getting ignored.
  • inno123
    13 years ago
    Obligation? No. But if you aren't buying dances and you aren't tipping then you are being rude. It is not as though the girls are getting any money from the drinks or cover charge, and depending on the local laws they aren't even getting minimum wage and have to pay a stage fee.
  • JayMustang
    13 years ago
    Only when a stripper calls me to come in cause it's a slow night... like last night, so I got 2 after talking a while and left.
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    All you're obligated to do is to pay your cover and buy your minimum number of drinks. Don't let any whore tell you or try to guilt trip you into thinking otherwise.
  • Rlionheart
    13 years ago
    If you buy a drink and tip the dancers on stage, and most importantly, let those that approach you know that you aren't getting LDs today, but will be soon, you've done what you need to (Unless the club has a minimum LD rule. If so, find another club.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Obligated to shoot a load
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion