tuscl

Pants for lap dances: What should guys wear for them-- and why?

jack_s
Florida
Saturday, August 6, 2011 2:43 PM
I'm writing this in response to the thread ([view link]) about things dancers don't want to hear. I'm particularly interested in the poster's opening comments about "a particularly shitty lounge dance, in which the customer couldn't be bothered to put on a god damn pair of jeans to come to the club. He was wearing paraffin-thin sweat pants and no boxers, and then he was shocked to discover that anything more than an air dance hurt his dick. I advised him that next time, he needed to wear something more substantial." I was really intrigued by this, because as a lap dance customer, I've always found jeans and other denim items led to a fairly unpleasant dance experience-- and I've seen other comments by dancers saying that they hate when guys wear jeans for lap dances. I've also seen lots of advice suggesting that pants with zippers and button-flys are also big downers. I would have thought that lightweight workout pants would really be the ideal for laps-- but the above dancer obviously disagrees-- strongly! I'd be interested in hearing more on this subject-- both from dancers and from other guys who get laps.

28 comments

• raya
    13 years ago
    when i've worn my satiny under armor workout pants, i've been told that i am dressed for laps. jeans are a bad choice
  • chimark
    13 years ago
    besides the obvious shorts... stick with clothing that's cotton based.. such as dockers... if i'm wearing jeans in a SC I'm not planning on getting many dances, on those occasions it's just chilling and having a few beers or spending time at the tip rail
  • rell
    13 years ago
    if your jeans arent worn in .. its simply not good.. jeans will work if they are worn in good and not heavily startched..slacks are a good deal though ive always had a problem wearing slacks at the bar with those seats
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    if I am not a regular and it is an upscale club I will not risk getting turned away for dress code violations wearing thin shorts.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    I don't understand dancers' objections to jeans. As long as the zipper works, they shouldn't have a problem.
  • highlander2973
    13 years ago
    Another pants thread, eh? Very well. I prefer going commmando wearing black weatherproof pvc material pants made by either gore-tex or columbia. Feels great and any incidents or accidents are contained.
  • Bananafish
    13 years ago
    Micro weight corduroys from Bonobos. Feels like very thin velvet. Every new dancer comments on these pants. Expensive but worth it. [view link]
  • staxwell
    13 years ago
    Depends on where you go really. I go to places with no dress code, so I free ball in basketball shorts(amazing with the right girl!) when I'm alone and the lighting won't bring extra attention. When I'm with someone or the place is well lit, I where khakis or chinos.
  • staxwell
    13 years ago
    Sorry, hit post too soon. Because, if you're gonna blow money on dance, you might as well enjoy them to the fullest right?
  • pabloantonio
    13 years ago
    I wear dress slacks of a cotton/synthetic blend. I don't wear underwear. I have heard no complaints from dancers about my clothing choice or my equipment. They seem to like it. I don't know why anyone would wear jeans to a club unless they just wanted to drop in on the way home. Shorts look tacky to me but some clubs allow them. I don't know why Daisy has so many assholes in her club. I guess there aren't that many gentlemen left in the world.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    Generally jeans aren't a good choice because of the heavy seams they have--for either customers or dancers. I've had lap dances from dancers wearing jeans cutoffs, and I understand the problem. The person not wearing the jeans can get some heavy, unwanted abrasion from the seams in jeans. Secondly, I like to look better than the average guy wearing jeans in a strip club. Someone above recommended Dockers. That's what I usually wear. They're comfortable to wear, give a dressier look than jeans, and don't have abrasive seams. The dancers I see often compliment me on how I dress in strip clubs. (BTW, a shirt with a collar, is a must. I usually wear polo shirts with Dockers to strip clubs.)
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    I really don't understand Kumasdaisy's revulsion with shorts. At my club, I go commando under either cotton shorts or cotton lounge pants - both available at Target (their Murano brand). They're soft on a girl's sensitive parts, easy access for probing hands, and roomy for Mr. Happy's growth. I pair them with a soft cotton polo worn outside (not tucked in) so if I pop, I just let the shirt hang over the wet spot. Girls who dance for me always compliment me and are thankful I don't wear denim, zippers, pockets, and belts. It truly is a win-win.
  • troop
    13 years ago
    wear pants when you have to but don't when you don't.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    Maybe she lives in a colder climate. The heat index here in South Carolina has been well over 100 a lot of spring and summer here. If I'm relaxing, I'm wearing shorts. My house is colder than anywhere else I visit and people would freeze apparently at the temperatures I find comfortable. I have heard about someone who routinely keeps their house in the 60's and one guy keeps his house in the 50's. His air conditioning bill must be enormous.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    Lol, I just checked the thermometer in the other room, it reads 67 degrees right now. I produce enough body heat to make the temperature rise in whatever room I'm in. It's in the 70's in my current room but the beer I drank cooled me off so I can more easily tolerate the heat. I roast everywhere else.
  • JayMustang
    13 years ago
    I wear Koman sweat suit with t-shirt and boxxors. It's microfiber cotton polly blend, 80/20. It feels good, at least every single girl has told me that danced for me. Almost instantly when they sit down they go "wow this feels soft, what is it". Yea, it's long sleeved, and long pants but it's soft, breathable, and if a girl is cold she likes to snuggle into it for a second. It feels a million times better than jeans and has plenty of room. I think it's simple to understand. Paper thin pants with no boxxors makes the girls feel dirty. Last thing you want is a girl weirded out, the dance won't be as good so get something with some weight to it.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Pants made of tissue paper
  • joker44
    13 years ago
    Yikes, another pants post! As I posted some time ago my SC dress pants are a polyester blend. Walmart's George line @ $20/pair. Launders nicely and is inexpensive enough to replace on a budget. Solid black to blend in with the dimly lit VIP's I frequent. Soft, comfortable dark cotton briefs with few seams and no scratchy labels. Usually pair with a nice short sleeve dress shirt or soft short sleeve pullover. I only wear these to SCs. Took some ribbing from tusclers when I posted. Still, the male Walmart checkout clerk spontaneously commented [with a sly smile] about how soft and comfortable these pants were. And more importantly, many dancers at clubs in Kansas and Missouri have told me how soft and comfortable they feel. During LDs they've amply demonstrated their appreciation much to MY satisfaction :-) I've nicknamed the pants "Protect Your Dancer's Assets" I appreciate the comments and hard-won wisdom of the mongers on this site but, in this case, dancers' opinions far outweigh yours, lol. Seriously, I second the gist of JayM's thoughts. You not only dress for your own comfort and satisfaction but for your target audience...dancers. Why alienate them? What's acceptable in some clubs with various dancers in different areas of the country varies a lot. If how you dress works for you, great. Just don't expect it to become THE best solution everywhere else.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Here's another area where I suspect I'm somewhat outside the norm. It literally does not matter what type of pants I wear, as I have little interest in the "traditional" lap dance. I pretty much want her to just sit there and let me grope her; she doesn't need to grind at all. In the increasingly rare event that I get a VIP, we'll likely have prearranged something that makes pants superfluous.
  • jack_s
    13 years ago
    "I think it's simple to understand. Paper thin pants with no boxxors makes the girls feel dirty. Last thing you want is a girl weirded out, the dance won't be as good so get something with some weight to it." This is a good point-- that its not just a question of our pleasure or the dancer's physical comfort, but of the dancer's mental comfort. Having more cloth betwen the girl and Mr. Happy may make the dancer feel more at ease, which may result in better attitude/better dance. That I understand. However, the dancer I quoted really seemed to be thinking that wearing thin clothes would make for a less pleasurable *physical* experience for the guy... simply because it would cause pain for him. That wasn't my experience, which is why I posted this thread.
  • jack_s
    13 years ago
    georgmicrodong: Interesting! I say that because I'm not a big fan of intense 'grinding' myself. In pvts., I much prefer a girl who uses her hands and hair and whole body to rub against me to one who just does intense grinding with her butt or groin against my crotch. This doesn't necessarily mean 'extras' but just a lot of contact all over. I thought I was in the minority on preferring that to the grinding. Maybe we are not as alone as we thought!
  • Raincoat
    13 years ago
    Loose fitting thin dress slacks are probably the best, but they wearout quickly from too much lapdance zipper polishing. However, based on advice from this site, I bought a pair of thin workout pants. The first time that I wore them to a club was also the first time that I ever had a dancer reach in and give me a hand job. I think the girls like to know what you are looking for, and the right pants send the right message.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    jack_s: To be clear, I'll eschew even that type of grinding/rubbing for a good grope. If a grinding lap dance is foreplay in preparation for something more, fine, go ahead, but mostly lap dances are an opportunity for me to play and discuss other options with the dancer. Grinding and rubbing through my pants, and even direct handwork, don't really cut it for me anymore. Aside from the fact that I'm older, and tend to need direct warmth, wetness, pressure and friction, I'm spoiled.
  • jerikson40
    13 years ago
    "This is a good point-- that its not just a question of our pleasure or the dancer's physical comfort, but of the dancer's mental comfort. Having more cloth betwen the girl and Mr. Happy may make the dancer feel more at ease, which may result in better attitude/better dance. That I understand." Absolutely true. The dancer's mental comfort is also very important. We want them to be not only physically comfortable, but also mentally comfortable. Personally, I like to spend some quality time with a dancer before a dance, finding out how she's doing, and developing an emotional bond. And when it comes to physical comfort, I want to make sure she is happy with my choice of clothing, so as to provide her maximum ease and comfort. I generally keep spare clothing in my car, and if I sense a dancer is not entirely comfortable with what I'm wearing, often I'll excuse myself and go out to the car and change. I figure that a little bit of consideration goes a long way. Once I even asked her what she'd prefer, excused myself, and drove over to Target and bought new pants and a nice polo shirt, then returned to the club. As jack_s said, it's not just about your physical pleasure, it's more about the dancer, and her ease and comfort. If she has a sad story to tell, I'll listen. For hours if need be. Because it's not about me having fun, it's about her. Are you guys freakin' insane?
  • thesamurai
    13 years ago
    Jerikson LOL nice, that was funny. Thank god for target lol
  • jerikson40
    13 years ago
    I also want to encourage you guys to be consistent, like I am. There's no difference between a dancer at a club and, say, the girl who waits on you at Denny's. In fact, the waitress probably works a lot harder, and might be getting paid much less. So I'll often ask the waitress to sit down and talk, so I can get to know her. And again, it's all about her ease and comfort. If she prefers a certain outfit, it's out to the car again, or maybe to Wal-Mart if I don't have the right thing "in stock". And if she's having a bad day, remember, it's not about your pleasure, it's about her. Listen to her, help her with her bills if necessary, offer to babysit. Whatever. Remember, a little consideration goes a long way.
  • Book Guy
    13 years ago
    loose soft smooth stretchy, with condom on the unit
  • DoctorQuality
    9 years ago
    C9 by Champion Lightweight Training Pants. This is a Target house brand. In typical club lighting, these will pass for black dress trousers. They are 100% black. There is no external branding other than a small embroidered C9 logo on one side, also in black, basically unnoticeable, even in daylight. Elastic waistband with internal draw-string cord, two vertically gusseted side pockets, no zipper (of course) and the center seam is so small it is barely there. 100% washable poly. The poly material is so thin and light, when you hold it up to the light and stretch it, it's translucent. The correct color to purchase is "ebony" which is actually black. The version labeled as "black" comes with side-strips of gray. Ebony comes with side strips of matching black. The side strips can be seen to be a very fine mesh when held up to light. However, when wearing these pants, even in daylight, the side strip material is indistinguishable from the main material and the side seams are barely noticeable. Again, in club lighting, they will look just like dress black trousers sans zipper and belt. The Target SKU and hang tag item number is 041-06-0400. The hang tag simply describes the product as "Active Performance." It comes in S, M, L, XL in both 30" and 32" inseams. Everyday $16.99, but only $13.59 during a current sale. At this price, you can just trash a pair if irreparably soiled. Of course, these pants are not in any way junk-supportive … and they do of course provide ready access. [view link] Happy Motoring!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion