tuscl

As a Strip Club Customer, Have You Ever Been Mistaken as a Cop?

Club_Goer_Seattle
Seattle, Washington
Tuesday, May 3, 2011 10:12 AM
What do you do once you're labeled? Stay and give them a miserable time? Or, just suck it up, cut your losses, and leave? I'm much older than most strip club patrons, and that may be part of the reason why I've been mistaken for a cop a few times. And, I always go to strip clubs alone. I don't know if there's something about my demeanor that has contributed to this. There's a difference in the experience as to whether just one dancer thinks you're a cop, or if the whole club is being told you're a cop. I've heard it said that one way undercover cops tip themselves off is that they ask a lot of questions about the services offered. Inexperienced cops may do that, or cops that are simply trying entice a dancer into something illegal for a quick bust. It could be an overanxious cop just wanting to gather information, and quickly take action. On none of my occasions did I do this. Three times I've been accused of being a cop and it definitely diminished my enjoyment at that club each time. The first time, just one dancer though I was a cop. I think I talked her into believing I wasn't, but it still ruined the time with her. I only got one dance from her, but stayed and got dances with others in the club. At the time, I wasn't yet a regular at that club. I don't think she spread the word to any other dancers of her suspicion about me. This time it was near-humiliating: At a different club, a manager seemed to think I was a cop, and he managed to signal the dancer I was talking with that I was a cop. This really made me feel uncomfortable about staying in the club, because the dancer told me that the manager said that I was a cop. I figured that he was somehow telling everyone else in the club the same. The dancer said she was perfectly happy to give me a dance—cop or no cop. She wasn't afraid. So, we continued, and I got just one dance again. After the one dance, I couldn't immediately decide whether or not to stay any longer. I could stay, and “return the favor” to the club. This would be to simply wear out their furniture for a while and hopefully cause some lost income. I know the action really slows down in a strip club when word gets around that cops are in the building. Also, I could just cut my losses, and tactfully leave. I chose a combination of the two. I wasn't interested in any of the other girls there anyway, but I stayed for another half hour. That club was well out of my usual path, so I knew I'd never be back there again. However, about six months later, I ran into that same dancer at another club, about 40 miles away, and she remembered me, and about the manager singling me out as a cop. We both laughed about it. I got some dances from her anyway. The third occasion was still different (and at still a different club from any of the above). When I see a dancer in a club that I'm hoping will come over to me and ask for a dance, and if she takes too long, I will sometimes take the initiative and approach her. (I've been told often that dancers usually love it when a customer asks them for dances.) On this occasion, I did that, and because I approached her, she thought (for just a little while) that I was a cop. I got several dances with her that night. (I've been told by dancers, that cops often get two dances with a dancer to try to make their determination. I got a lot more than just two with that dancer.) This time, that dancer went on to become a favorite, and even did some OTC with her. I also later learned that among her strip club violations, one was nasty enough to have been determined to be prostitution, among the various dance violations the time she was busted for on that one occasion. So, it's no wonder that she was apprehensive about me at first. Of the hundreds of times I've been to strip clubs, perhaps only three instances of being accused of being a cop isn't too many. Have any of you been erroneously pegged as a cop in a strip club? If so, how did you handle it?

22 comments

• looneylarry
    13 years ago
    I have had a few ask me, with that eyebrow raised type of thing "Are you sure you're not a cop?" Which is a pretty dumb question when you think about it. I have had some girls tell me that they knew I WASN'T a cop because I had done X or Y. But, usually the girls had a twisted idea of what activities a cop could or could not engage in. Not being attorneys, their beliefs were usually just shit passed around amongst the girls. Some think if they touch you and you allow it, then there can't be an arrest. Some think that if you touch them, then there can't be an arrest. You might ask them what you could do to allay their fears that you are a cop, then do it. The best way, I suppose, is to be a repeat customer and the suspicions fall away after you stop by several times and there are no arrests. While it would take weeks and months to slowly infiltrate the mob, the vice squad guys don't have the patience or the resources to nab anything more than the blatant or to monitor any more than a select few clubs due to neighborhood complaints.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    When I was in better shape, and still kept my hair short, I'd get it periodically. Not so much now... I always thought keying off my looks was kind if stupid. Too obvious.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I scratched my head for awhile before answering. NO, it has never happened to me. I got to wondering what MO causes strippers/clubs to think that you might be a cop. Dress, age, behaviour, bag of doughnuts?
  • troop
    13 years ago
    yes i've been asked if i was a cop by strippers and customers. i usually answer them by asking if they are.
  • SharkyRick
    13 years ago
    I have a few times. It made for some interesting conversations and a long half hour at the bar with a rather large bouncer sitting next to me watching my every move. I have kept my hair "Navy regulation" length since retiring and usually wear business casual to clubs. When I asked why, they told me I "looked" like a cop. I guess that means cops must have short hair, a growing waistline, and look old and tired! It hasn't come up around military bases (Tampa, Cocoa Beach, Jacksonville, Norfolk/VA Beach, Fayetteville), but has in the Detroit area and Miami.
  • ArtCollege
    13 years ago
    Twice that I know of. First time I go to a club that I was an occasional visitor at. Cute blond gives me a total air dance. I decline a second round. Then a girl who recognized me comes over and gives me a couple of great dances. After that, the blond returns and apologizes and says she thought I was a cop when I first came in. Do I want to buy another dance? No I don't. I understand her concern, but she should have offered a freebie; then I would have bought another. Second time, a girl walked by without talking to me, though she was chatting with every other customer. Second girl walks by, she dances for me. Then first girl comes and asks if I want a dance. While dancing, she says that she had thought I was a cop when I first walked in. After my dance with second girl, first had second if I was a cop. Second replied that I had immediately moved my hands to her boobs, so I wasn't a cop. They figured a cop would wait to see what the girl initiated. So, I always make a move fairly early. If it's outside the girl's boundaries, I don't persist. But I want them to know that I like mileage. I'm also ready to answer the question about what I do, and can provide enough detail to be convincing.
  • rl27
    13 years ago
    A few times, the most about 10 years ago and 50 lbs lighter. Usually it happened in a new club, when I was dressed a bit better than the average customer, and wore a button down shirt. I usually don't drink alcohol in clubs so that is often another reason. The most recent happened at a club in Minnesota and was actually dressed down due to it being around vacation. I wore my typical casual pants and a dark comfortable shirt. Very few dancers stopped by and the first three dancers I tried were very much air, and I quit after one dance. Since the dances were a reasonable $15 a dance, I went for one more, and thankfully the fourth was a lot better. I told her finally a dancer who knows how to dance here, and she remarked that it would help if I didn't dress like a cop. I laughed and said this is how I normally dress. After that I got a low better dances.
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    It still happens to me from time to time, especially in a new club. I've been told that I could pass physically as a cop, and on the rare occasions that I'm clubbing with a male friend the dancers often assume that we're LE partners, since female/male cops seem to be what usually will take down a club (or at least that's what the dancers tell me).
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I love those tits in your profile picture!!! It seems like the busts here in Columbus have been done with undercover couples (female/male cops working together).
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    Years ago, a dancer asked me if I was a "narc". In an effort to put her at ease, I unzipped my pants and showed her the goods, to which she responded, "oh, sorry, cops aren't that well hung are they?" I dunno, got any weed?
  • dallas702
    13 years ago
    Yes, I has happened to me. I am older than average, hair cut short and dress "straight." Usually, I just laugh it off and seldom does it impact my visit. If I am hoping for more than a lame lap dance (most of the time) it does mean I have to convince the dancer I really am NOT the law. One dancer a few years ago was sure (mistakenly, I believe) that a cop could not handle her merchandise so I spent several minutes "proving" I was not LE. That led to a price discussion that was just plain fun. She "OK, you're not a cop. What can I offer you?" Me "How about a little of everything?" She "I can't blow you, a cop might be in here and see it." Me "Have you checked the other customers to see if they are cops?" (Two of my fingers were still securely inserted in her) She "How would I know?" Me - wiggling my fingers!!!! She "Oh, I couldn't do that!"
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I have got crap from dancers for drinking water or diet coke.
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    I have had them ask me if I was a cop at least three times, and I don't even have the cop hairdo.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Never, at least to my knowledge.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    It happened last week, first time in a long time. A sloppy drunk and fugly latina, without asking, plops herself down in my lap. I asked her, twice, to go away, at which pont she starts accusing me of being a cop. I had a waitress make her go away. The rude time the dancers there gave me meant: A) They believed I was a cop And/or B) I was supposed to get a LD from her. no thanks. I will not return to Joy of Houston.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    I've been asked a number of times over the years. I laugh it off, and demonstrate during our time together that I am no "Pig" F the Pigs!! LOL
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    This question is never asked in Canadian clubs but, believe it or not, old fat farmerart was asked this one time in a Detroit club last month - I was absolutely flabbergasted!
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    No but my cock has
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    Once or twice a dancer wondered if I was. It was a rare occasion. I think the dancer had a fear that every customer was a cop. Maybe I asked if she working undercover for a government agency and that made her nervous if I was in some manner. If I want the dancers to leave me alone and they don't already know me, that might work out pretty good. Plant some suspicion and doubt about who I'm working for. Maybe even tell them I like glazed donuts. Thanks for the tip. I never thought about playing mind games to get dancers to leave you alone. Of course if I wait a few hours to start playing mind games, they may just think I'm lieing.
  • Rabbit21
    13 years ago
    I still have a military style haircut, so that combined with my build tends to make the ladies ask me if I'm a cop. I usually laugh off the question and ask if it's because of my haircut. That tends to put them at ease. I also usually let them make the first move in deciding what to do with dances and that tends to take care of the issue.
  • curiousgeorgefun
    13 years ago
    I've had it happen a bunch. I keep my ever thinning hair short since the military, plus I am more fit that the average person. Plus I rarely drink, can't afford a DUI. I even had a dancer ask- I said no then asked again after I tipped generously after a HJ. The worst is when a bouncer/owner thinks you are LEO and signals everyone. Ive tried everything including showing my cock as proof (that was the one where she finished the HJ then asked). Haven't found an answer. I would think that cops would be looking a little more like Miami Vice or with wider midlines. Ive rarely seen a fit cop.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I was asked couple of times when I was about 15 years younger. It never impacted my fun. I just said NO!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion