tuscl

Dancers not taking off their tops

Several dancers even on the busy weekends do not bother to take off their tops while on stage. Does this bother anyone?

One dancer claimed she does not bother because it is just not worth the $10-20 she makes up on stage to take it off each time and would rather just take it off in the $35 dances.

Another one claimed the club is full of cheapskate customers who would never buy dances if she took her top off on stage.

Another claimed that booty shaking was a better money maker so she does even think about her top.

I have been tempted by a few well endowed dancers to take them in the lap dance just to see them topless (not true topless because of pasties) but I am not going to support this stripper shit of "take me in the VIP and you'll see my top off" nor do I like the attitude that customers are cheapskates.

I complained to management about it and they said it is optional for the girls to take their tops off and do not make them do it and again fed me the stripper shit that if I wanted to see them take their tops off the best way is to do lap dances.

Should I update this club as "bikini" bar? This is the only Columbus club that made it on the top 100 list last year but has since fallen off the list.

28 comments

• jackslash
    14 years ago
    Not removing the tops is a rip-off and also counter-productive. When choosing a dancer, I base my decision largely on the look of her naked breasts. If a dancer keeps her top on, she won't get my business.
  • sexualchoc
    14 years ago
    Yes, definitely change the status to "bikini" bar! The attitude of these strippers are ridiculous.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    Well, I don't have a dog (or tit) in this fight, but "bikini" bar implies tops stay on due to local laws or club rules. If club allows topless and most (?) dancers still dance topless, I wouldn't change it.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Sucks, samsung1. I wouldn't pay the ROB for a dance just to see tits she won't show on stage. They could be plastic tits. I'd be pissed off. I wouldn't say the club should be designated a "bikini bar" either as steve229 noted. Just some ROB's too dumb to show what they got.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I knew one dancer (TUSCL name hellaella)that would not take her top off on stage. Said that she was too shy. Those customers that were turned off by that, never knew that she was NOT a bit shy in the lap dance room.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    ss1,

I think a review stating what you say above would be more appropriate than changing the status to "Bikini". And if this changes, another review will correct the problem.
  • uscue13
    14 years ago
    I've seen some dancers that only take of the top once someone comes up to tip them. Some others might still keep it on but move it aside when you come up to tip and then place it back. Never had one completely keep it on the whole time on stage ... unless no one comes to tip
  • jester214
    14 years ago
    While shadow has presented an alternative, I still wouldn't take the chance. If the top doesn't come off on the stage, I'm not getting a dance.
  • Raincoat
    14 years ago
    I must see tits.
  • joker44
    14 years ago
    Top must come off; must see tits. Hell, I miss full nudity on stage post new MO SC law.

Stage dance isn't just "entertainment" it's dancer's audition for possible LDs. Not only what she shows but how she moves showing it.

Sam, I vote for a review with sentence warning no-top-off. Might be a candidate for the dreaded ALL CAPS.
  • uscue13
    14 years ago
    "Stage dance isn't just "entertainment" it's dancer's audition for possible LDs. Not only what she shows but how she moves showing it."

I wish all dancers realized this to be fact because it is. If you never go on stage, I never get a dance. If you're vanilla during a tip, I won't get a dance.
  • Digitech
    14 years ago
    Yup.

A big part of trying to estimate how fun a girl might be is based on how she interacts with customers on the stage. If her clothes stay on and all she gives for a tip is a 'thank you,' it tells you a lot about how she might be during a lapdance.
  • GoVikings
    14 years ago
    joker44 and Digitech hit the nail on the head. That's how I decide which dancer to get a lap dance from. Looks obviously plays a part in my decision. But I also base my decision on how they act on stage. If they're more outgoing/freaky on stage, chances are they'll probably give a better lap dance.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    14 years ago
    joker44 and Digitech express my thoughts exactly. I do treat a stage appearance as an audition. I do want a preview of coming attractions, etc. I have no difficulty declining a dancer's request for lap dances after she gets off stage by pointing out to her, "well you didn't even take your top off while on stage." Remember: Customers are in command of how much money we spend and who we spend it on. If you expect and need a dancer to take her top off (or bottom, in the case of nude clubs), before making the decision as to whether or not to get a dance with her, then that's your prerogrative. I've declined many dancers over the years for that reason. Many of those, I've had the opportunity to tell them so.

Another factor, is false advertising. If the club advertises itself as "topless" or "nude" and the dancer on stage is not taking off the requisite clothing, that's false advertising. Too much of that and customers won't go to that club any more.
  • txtittyfan
    14 years ago
    And there are some girls that I am thankful they leave their clothes on.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Sam, just withhold your spending. And/or tell mgmt you're taking your business elsewhere.
  • snowtime
    14 years ago
    Most of the time that this occurs I will not tip or even consider a lap dance. Yes, there are exceptions, but generally the failure to remove top in a topless club is a sign of a bad attitude. And I don't want to pay a girl $20 for a dance if she has a bad atitude. I have often told the dancers who do this that I am not interested in a dance because of their failure to get topless. Most then leave in a huff, but if it happens enough they will get the message.
    One recent exception happened at the Follies where a great looking girl danced but did not remove any clothing and this is a NUDE club. I decided that I would not even consider her for a dance but when I saw my neighbor getting a full contact (top and bottom) TABLE dance from her for $10 I quickly changed my mind and took her to the VIP. Had a great VIP with extras and no additional tip. When I asked her about the dancing she explained that she had just started her shift and didn't feel like stripping at first. She would have lost out on my money (and I would have missed a great time) if I had not seen her give my neighbor the table dance. Just goes to show that the stage performance and the floor dances given to other customers are, in fact, an audition.
  • jackoff
    14 years ago
    Nothing worse than going to a VIP and the top comes off, only to watch the balloons deflate to stretch marked pancakes. I personally don't tip for them to take their clothes off. I tip because they took their clothes off and I liked what I see or want a closer look! I've been in a few clubs with obnoxious DJ's who scream "the more you tip the more she strips" or "no dough - no show". Then I think, why did I just pay $20 to get in the door and $5 or more for a beer.

The pasty thing is what really upsets me. I think the nipple is one of the most provocative parts of a womans breast. I think we should have a separate category for topless pasty clubs, so people know.
  • rl27
    14 years ago
    Which club was this Samsung? Must not be any of the clubs in Columbus I visit.

There are a few clubs I have seen where the dancers don't take their tops off until they have gotten a certain number of tips on stage. Most of them from what I have seen, are not a club rule but something the dancers came up with.

Still, I remember this one club over a decade ago, Mardi Gras near Atlanta, where it was club policy. The DJ would announce this over and over and over. If I recall from what this one dancer told me, she had to get $25 in tips before she was fully nude on stage. $5 to get her top down to a bikini top, $5 additional to get her down to bikini tops and bottoms, anoter $5 for her top to come off, and finally $10 for her bottoms.

You would think this would mean a very slow strip down, but most dancers got the $25 midway through the second song of three or four depending on the time. This didn't mean they were naked that quickly, since they would still draw it out.

I didn't like it that much, the club was extremely pushy, more so than almost any other club. This did have one positive side effect, bad dancers didn't last long. The dancer quality at that time was sky high, 90% of the dancers were at least 8's.
  • rl27
    14 years ago
    Snowtime, a similar thing happened to me. The dancer didn't seem at all enthused, and barely moved on stage. It looked like she didn't want to be there and she practically ran off stage after her set.

Then I saw her give a lap dance to a guy almost directly across from me, and knew I had to try her. I got a majoraly incredible lap dance and asked her about why she was so lifeless on stage. I found out later after she started dancing in another club, that she had pissed off one of the managers for some reason, so the DJ was playing songs she disliked and couldn't dance to, and she would get called on stage everytime she got a guy in the VIP for more than 2 dances.

Kind of stupid for a club to cut their income, especially with a top earning dancer. Then again the club in Columbus, which was known as Sirens at the time and now goes by Dreamgirls, has rarely been run by sane people.
  • joker44
    14 years ago
    jackoff re pasties.

Now required in MO. Just visited Bazookas in KC. Of ten dancers only one showed any pasty glare. Damn, if the other nine were wearing, it didn't show at all and I was at or near the tip rail for one rotation. Half of them showed super erect, eraser head nips. These gals either were skirting the law or found some no-glare, no-show pasties.

Re: reluctance to strip.

Now that Bazookas shwgirls can't get fully nude they really impressed me with their efforts on stage to abide by the new law's detailed guidelines yet do everything possible to sex-up the performance including climbing over tip rail onto patron area table for up close and personal in the face action --bikini clothed, of course, but who can see clearly when you have a girl's butt and covered kitty up against your nose!

The new law sucks and I still prefer full nude stage dances but one small benefit of the new law is that on one night, in one club, all the girls were working really hard at getting patrons h***.
  • jackoff
    14 years ago
    re: Joker44
    Mo. laws are f**ked up. This pertains to Bazookas (juice bar) - The laws have something to do with the time of day. I've been told several different explanations and not even sure if the girls know. I was told they can go topless till midnite (pasties or not , I don't know as I'm rarely there before midnite), but can't leave the stage etc... Once it strikes twelve the bikini tops have to be on and pasties underneath. At that point they can crawl off the stage and interact as long as the top stays on. The last time I was in there a couple of weeks ago. The girl I had was wearing big band aid type pasties. Thank god she ditched them for private time. Thanks for your update joker44
  • joker44
    14 years ago
    jackoff: Thanks for your input.

I just submitted BZ review, read it when F posts it. I was there last Sunday, 9 - 11PM looking for old fav. First, girls definitely left stage for tip rail table and contact but only when fully costumed; once top came off they stayed on stage out of reach of patrons.

As to pasties, as I said only one was obvious, it's possible others weren't wearing while on stage since by then they stayed away from tippers and it was before midnight. The one girl wearing had transparent pasties that only showed some gloss in stage light but didn't obscure nipple.

Off stage I think they must wear but one dancer offering VIP said top off [& maybe pasties?] & 2 way allowed.

F***ked law. Agree. One bouncer told me that there were more 'restrictions' on Sundays. No other staff knew anthing about this. Finally, he & I asked mgr on duty who said no diff from other evenings. It sounded as if your right, the law is so specific and detailed that confusion abounds. Also, given Fantasy Ranch's use of 'Bang Bus' to avoid law may mean SC attorneys are working overtime to find loopholes, so club standards may be evolving as they do.

I wrote an article SC Laws beating a dead??? that has yet to post. It contains a long quote about the Tennessee atty who wrote the model for most recent state laws including KS & MO. So sc attys have one basic template to examine regardless of the state.
  • minnow
    14 years ago
    Club_Goer hit the nail on the head. To further elaborate, off means completely off. I've seen several dancers in topless clubs leave top (bra, midriff shirt, tanktop,etc) on, flashing tits only when tip is proferred. I'll make an exception in nude clubs only on the variation of still having a VERY SKIMPY micro-skirt or see thru negligee on with the bottoms clearly off. Some of those leave skirt or minidress still on- often it covers up something. Besides the attitude projected, leaving stuff on makes me wonder what shes hiding. Ditto for leg warmers.

It seems like some Atlanta clubs do indeed have the custom of requiring a minimum $ in tips before certain clothing comes off. I don't think Goldrush was like that, but 10-20 yrs back on Cheetah visits, I think it was cumulative tips $5 for top to come off, $10 for bottoms. A stripperweb dancer said Pink Pony was like that when she worked there.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    If its a strip club then they should be topless or nude.
  • joker44
    14 years ago
    Visited KCMO's Temptations Sat nite.

Most dancers did two song routine with top off to pasties during first song and bottom off to thong during 2nd. However, 3 - 4 dancers didn't remove top at all despite spreading and flashing kitty from behind bikini bottoms or thong.

Asked a dancer. She said I don't remove top unless I'm getting tips first. My reply: I've got the money you're workin' for...NO TITS, NO TIP! She walked off pissed. Bad attitude in a slow economy.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    In my neck of the woods the clubs are topless and almost all have tip walks. Normally, showing breasts is standard, but every once in a while I will come across some girl in one of my haunts that does not want to take her top off. When that happens, I simply don't tip them.
  • joker44
    14 years ago
    OP topic - "I could perform topless but I won't unless U tip first" Or "It's not worth taking it off for what little I get compared to LDs" Like Ford Motor Co saying we won't advertise; you should just buy our cars because [we say] there good.

In the back of my mind, as I wrote the my last post was the surprising reaction of two downtown KC clubs to the new SC law.
    Most everyone expects the court battle to be protracted so MO SCs must do everything to survive until the final decision. Some have already given up.

The surprise: In the past Bazookas was the more conservative, toe the line club and Temptations was the anything could happen sometime depending on current LE involvement, time of day, dancers, and level of mgt supervision. Dancers here could be listless or really push the envelope during stage dances.

Now, based on recent visits [limited data] seems that Bazookas is pushing the envelope on stage. Bikini clad dancers climb tip rail onto patron's table area and make contact. Later all tops and bottoms come off on stage [no contact then].

At Temptations some dancers refused top off without tip, a few didn't remove bikini bottoms. They are told not to have contact with patrons even fully clothed at start of stage dance. I did place tips in garter or bottoms a few times but later DJ nicely but firmly enforced no contact rule. Most of the dancers that nite were relatively new and that may have contributed.

Just the reverse of what I would have predicted.

Neither observation has much relevance to LD/VIP experience at these two clubs. Still, as a means of attracting patrons and building a repeat customer base in these difficult times the energy and effort devoted to advertising via stage dances is important.

Bazookas has more revenue streams and stands a better chance of survival than des Temptations. And Temptations lost more of its old crew to Kansas.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion