tuscl

Dancers high Heels

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:19 AM
Just curious what others might think about the high heels that nearly all dancers wear. I guess they look sexy but with practically ALL dancers wearing them I would like to see some variety. I know one dancer in DC (Camelot) whose ankles were shot from dancing for 15 years with the 6 inch heels. When I take a girl for a private dance and she takes her shoes of I take it as a good sign she want to have better "mobility". What do you guys think?

19 comments

• troop
    14 years ago
    being a leg man i like seeing them in high heel dancer shoes.
  • JackKash
    14 years ago
    They actually scare me and look most ungainly. I prefer footwear that makes a girl more agile.
  • sanitago
    14 years ago
    one of the ladies I know who dances told me why she wears a set of heels that have soles on them that look like they're four of five inches thick: she's only 5'3", and they make her tall enough so she doesn't feel so over-shadowed by the guys. nice girl and she doesn't seem to have any mobility problems either on stage or in the back.
  • Joe from NJ
    14 years ago
    I hate stripper shoes. I don't think that it makes the girls look sexy. I wish that the managements would not force all the girls to use them. Allow the girls to wear what they think makes them look the best.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I agree with Joe from NJ, clubs that require dancers to wear heels are a drag
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    I personally like them wearing heels. I don't think it is as much sexy as it is classy. I once witnessed a girl do a stage show in sandals and I thought that was just bizarre and tacky. On the other hand, I understand bhunter's point of seeing more variety. But what else could they wear? It seems like everything else would just look tacky.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    It depends on the height. I've seen girls wearing 8 inch heels, and I think I makes them look like stripper Frankenstein monsters.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    I prefer that they be barefoot or in sneakers myself. Only in heels IF she's in a cocktail dress or fancy gown. The Marine Corps, focused on it's infantry, is fanatical about foot health. Because it's instinct for me, I cringe when I see heels.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    On some girls, they look good, on others, not so much, but the girl herself is going to be far more important. The shoes won't make a bad dancer look good, nor will lack of them make a good dancer look bad. I agree with Dudester, and for much the same reason, I don't think they are healthy for anyone. I personally don't have any problem with them dancing barefoot, or in flats or sneakers or shoes specifically designed for dancing, such as ballet slippers, and I wish more club management had a sensible attitude about it.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    Dancers wearing heels are not a turn on for me. Her feet are the last thing I notice. Why do a few dancers wear lighted shoes? Why would they want to draw attention to their feet? Those spikes can be dangerous. I am glad that most of my favorites take them off for private dances. The few that don't are concerned about what they might step in. I once discussed this with one of my favorites. I said that wearing sneakers would make her look more like the girl next door. She said "I do not want to look like the girl next door". Oh well.
  • imnumnutz
    14 years ago
    agree with s-cat. when my atf was working, the heels made her appear to almost be walking on stilts...
  • Raincoat
    14 years ago
    Variety is the spice of life. Young strippers should try barefoot or flipflops. Star at Hollywood Show Club wears high heels, but not stripper shoes and I can't stop staring at her feet even though everything about her is beautiful.
  • judyjudy
    14 years ago
    We certainly have discusse dthis before.........I will not wear the thick platform, chunky style shoes that i think are being reffered to in this post. Nothing is more elegant than a nice pair of 4 inch high heel pumps. They provide the sexy look as well as some mobility that is needed.
  • gk
    14 years ago
    Dancer shoes have become something like street hooker accessories, no offense intended to any dancer. They've way over the top concept-wise. I do like what high heels are supposed to do for a woman's look: accentuate the legs and ass. But instead these dancer shoes are accentuating the-----shoes! It's time to get back to the original purpose. Whoever comes up with a better solution to this for dancers is going to set the next apparel trend for them. What really annoys me are those shoes designed to hold coins!
  • arbeeguy
    14 years ago
    Shoes designed to hold coins? FAR OUT, MAN. Might make sense in Canada, where there is no such thing as a dollar bill. Can anybody tell me what the smallest canadian paper bill is worth in US Dollars? As for the other aspects of shoes, I am in total agreement with JudyJudy. Four Inch heels with no pads on the soles really flatter a dancer, or any reasonably attractive female. The thick pads make no sense at all to me, and I don't care for them.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    This is what I think of dancers high heels. I don't. I'm not into foot fetish either. I ask the girl to take off anything that prevents her from doing her job to the fullest.
    14 years ago
    Don't mind them as long as she can move in them. I tend to go for the petite girls and find it kind of neat when a 5' 6" girl becomes 5' nothing when she takes off her heels.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    "I tend to go for the petite girls" One very petite dancer was telling me how hard it is to find size 3 stripper shoes.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "Can anybody tell me what the smallest canadian paper bill is worth in US Dollars?" A $5 Canadian bill is worth about $4.90 American Dollars right now. It hasn't been a good 1-2 years for the American Dollar vs. the Loonie though. [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion