tuscl

Close to home

gk
Florida
Deviated from my regular club path and went somewhere downtown yesterday. Spent some time with a sweet young thing who turned out to be a relative newbie; she claimed to have been on the job only 4 weeks.

Well, she was cute, fun and smart. We talked travel, history and religion, of all things, at the bar as I start getting frisky with her. (Do I know how to flirt, or what?!) She claimed to be a college grad working on a master's degree. It seemed plausible based on the type of conversation we had been having, but I don't take first time conversations too seriously given all the stripper shit that floats around. I take her for for a very private dance and work my up to some nice extras to finish the session.

But here's the twist. She wasn't giving me stripper shit about being a college grad working on a master's degree. When I asked where she went I mentioned that my neighbor's son went there. She knew him! I gave her his last name and she gave me his first name and other details that matched. I've had a lot fo "small world" encounters with dancers, but never had anything hit so close to home before, literally. Anything like this happen to anyhone else?

13 comments

• bumrubber
    14 years ago
    I know a couple of strippers who seem really honest, and don't make up a bunch of stuff, but then again I don't pry into things that could "expose" who they really are, so maybe I just haven't experienced their BS. Both have told me that it's just easier to be real. However both are excellent conversationalists so they could probably deal with anyone who was getting too personal or prying too much.
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    Are you in a position to give your neighbor's son a little tip on this?
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    I wonder whether my ATF and my mother ever met sometimes. My mother works at the high school my ATF went to, and she used to be the in-house detention lady, and it wouldn't surprise me if my ATF had encountered her considering what a bad girl she is. lol
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    I think one of there women I work with (well, her and a thousand other people in the same building) is a stripper I've seen at Trixie's. I could be wrong, but there's a strong facial resemblance, and she has the same dragon tattoo on her arm as the dancer. I so far haven't had the chutzpah to go up and ask her. :) I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate it anyway.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    It is sometimes a small world. 8+ years ago I ran into a dancer in the Columbia SC Platinum Plus. She claimed to have gone to the same high school that I went to in Long Beach CA. Then she told me what street she lived on. That blew my mind. It was the same street that I lived on and that street is only 2 blocks long. She knew too much shit to be making it up. However she lived there 30+ years later than I. Talk about an ice breaker. She gave good dances too.
    14 years ago
    I don't normally deep drill into their personal lives and don't allow them to deep drill into mine. Who cares if she's got the degree or not? Even if I could "quiz her" with a potential mutual acquaintance, what's the point?

Strip clubs are a fantasy. I know several strippers OTC and we hang but don't delve into their personal lives. I just enjoy it for what it is, hanging with a banging girl that wouldn't give me the time of day otherwise.
    14 years ago
    On a related note had a long time fave that worked in a club in Vegas. She said one time she gave a guy some dances and was chatting with him afterwards as he expressed interest in getting more dances. Long story short it turned out he was a distant cousin from Rhode Island that she'd never met. She was weirded out and parted ways with him.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I did get in a similar situation but the chick was not that hot...so I was not really interested in getting extras from her (she did have a tongue ring though)
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    gk,

That is what happened with me and my ATF. Just talking and found out we both knew some of the same people. Always interesting when we meet at gatherings outside the club scene.
  • gk
    14 years ago
    59, re "deep into a private life"...yes, it's not something that you would expect on a spontaneous basis in a first encounter. But that's where the conversation led and how it evolved naturally, no forced probing or anything like that which would be odd. That's why it was such an unusual first time and why I posted this.

Some dancers I just don't want to know too much about. But I admit that I know some very well. That's part of the hobby, and when that occurs, it's no fantasy.

I guess I put the dancers into two categories; fantasy and personal. Some I keep for fantasy and some I get to know better. It's always mutual feeling type of thing and I'm very selective about it. And even in column two, in general I don't share that much and I don't want to know that much. There are always exceptions.
  • ilbbaicnl
    14 years ago
    Seems like about 10% of dancers claim to have a bachelor's degree. I've never met one where I got the impression they were lying about it. In fact, I think there may be a lot who have a degrees but don't say, because some customers think it's creepy or intimidating.
  • Skyrbuoy
    14 years ago
    At the Flashdance elevated rail one nite, this dancer slides under the rail into my lap, and we begin a conversation. After a while she felt my bicep and says, wow, big! You work out? I say no, I waterski a lot. She sez she used to down in South County. I sez me too! She sez do you know so and so? I sez I knew her and her parents when she was little. It was the strippers cousin. She got up quickly, and never saw her again in Flashdance W. Palm.
  • wallanon
    14 years ago
    I was introduced to a stripper's family the other day (don't ask) by the same commonly bogus name she's known me by all along. Think the family asked me more questions about myself in the time we were chatting than said stripper has asked over a few years. Fine by me. No sense in making a small world even smaller by oversharing.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion