tuscl

A Dancer's Dilemma

Sunday, April 11, 2010 3:04 AM
Two apparent options for paying the club to work a shift. 1) Pay $110 if on-time at the start and then keep everything after tipping out DJ and bouncer. 2) Pay nothing up front at the start of shift, but instead pay $200 to the house before leaving at the end plus DJ and bouncer tip-outs. VIP bouncer keeps track of when and for how long a dancer is using his area so to know what to expect from a dancer later (like as soon as her VIP use is over.) Dancer said she prefers the 2nd option because she owes nothing if it's a bad shift. Took me a while to "get it" for surely option 1 seems better/cheaper. Anyone know of any other unique, tiered pay-out systems?

8 comments

• mmdv26
    14 years ago
    In option 2, are we talking about VIP "rent" that is zero if she doesn't go to VIP at all, but would not exceed $200 if she did? If she only went to VIP enough to incur "rent" of $0 thru $109, then it appears that it would be better for her to use option 2. Does she still have to tip DJ and overweight fu**er if it's a "bad shift"?
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    if she is not a 9 or 10 then option 2 is safer especially the way it is with the economy.
  • driver01
    14 years ago
    Or she could move to Tampa and dance at Mons Venus... come in when you want, leave when you want, pay the house $45 for the shift. No DJ to pay but you have to feed the $1 juke box when you go up on stage to do your stage thing... No VIP area to split fees between you and the house. No one counting your lapdances and wanting their cut. You pay your $45 and that's that.... at least that is my understanding from more than a few of the dancers there. I'm sure someone here will correct me if it is otherwise-- Given the very high fees charged to dancers at many if not most clubs around the country, the fee structure at MONS looks like a bargain for the dancer to me. Interesting contrast to what the club charges the patron-- $20 at the door and $25 a song for a lap dance in the wide open, no place to hide couches that line the wall- not exactly discount pricing--lol. But Redner's business model absolutely draws very attractive women to work there and the guys keep coming. The physical club itself is small and anything but a wow-- I'd imagine his mortgage is non existent at this point given how long it's been there and the $$ that roll through-- the proverbial cash cow for him and the dancers can make good money without having to shell out 1/2 a car payment every time they work a shift. Seems like a win-win-win scenario. Unless, of course you're one of those guys that want s HJ/BJ, etc inside the club- this won't be a win for you. It will, however, be an experience with one of the best looking women you didn't get an extra from- so there is that.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    As I understand St. James: You tip out at the beginning of your shift. Only 50 if before 2 p.m., then it escalates to 90 if you come in at 9 p.m. or later. I think Houston Dolls is 35.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "Anyone know of any other unique, tiered pay-out systems?" One strip club that I used to frequent in northern NY state used to have a small, up front payout to the club (it was like $20-40), and then they took a cut of all the LDs (not any tips though) that a dancer did up around 15 LDs or so...getting there was called "maxing out", after which the dancer could keep everything that she made. It basically worked out that unless dancer made it to 15 LDs (which was kind of rare) that the club got just about the same amount of money from LDs as the dancer did. The club got an increasingly smaller amount of money from the dancers the more LDs they did, up to 15 LDs or so. I think I remember a former ATF from there say that they only made $5 off the first two LDs that they did, and the LDs cost $25/2 songs there. Of course, the above club routinely would try & close down early when a few of their best dancers "maxed out", because they wouldn't be making any money anymore. Sometimes they would force dancers to give them a cut of their LD money (after they had "maxed out") in order to keep the club open. Don't get me started on their fine structure either...lol...
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    Dudester! Christina Ricci. Nice nice tits. Great pic, man!!!
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    I'm not sure why it is important to know the tipout patterns of the clubs you go to. I mean, I know what my favorite club's tipouts are, but I don't see it as important for me to know.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    DandyDan, it has helped in the negotiation of OTC from time to time. "If we go somewhere else, it will be cheaper for me, and you'll *still* get more than the X% you'd get if we went to the VIP here."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion