tuscl

How much can a "clean" stripper make?

Saturday, March 20, 2010 11:27 PM
If a dancer claims she doesn't do extras, but still pulls in $800-1000 a day (during the day shift), is she really just performing lap dances and VIP dances. I hear some strippers make a lot of money by just talking/befriending patrons going through a rough time at work, in their marriage, etc....

26 comments

• zoner
    14 years ago
    Believe it or not, sometimes the day shift can be much more lucrative than the night shift. The key word is "regulars". It's much easier to sit & talk on a day shift than on a night shift. And every good dancer knows- you gotta have regulars to make consistant money.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I agree about the regulars. Most dancers I know say their bread and butter income is from regulars. How much a "clean" stripper makes depends a lot on her looks, personality, and what city/strip club she is working at. I have heard of dancers making only $30 while others make over a $1,000 per day.
    14 years ago
    Is this girl the girlfriend you referred to in another thread? Where many ripped on you for dating a girl for months and not knowing she was a stripper? If so I'd go with your gut. Where there's smoke there's fire. Don't know many girls pulling down that kind of cash on a day shift, in this economy, who aren't doing extras. Run, don't walk.
  • sharkiee123
    14 years ago
    zoner- thanks for the info..i'm pretty sure she has regulars but she tells me that some of them just want someone that's pretty to look at and can hold a conversation. Samsung1- What you say makes a lot of sense. I've heard of the significance of regulars before. Thanks for the input. 59- Thanks for the input and I do understand that leaving would be the most logical thing. Yes the dancer I'm referring to is my girlfriend. I'm deeply in love with her and although she wasn't entirely honest with me regarding her dancing when we first started dating, she eventually came clean. Unfortunately, when emotions become involved leaving someone that dances isn't as cut as dry as it seems... I understand that some of you confused me with "dick johnson" who seems to be a troll in this online community. Let me assure you that I am not the person in question. I'm simply a concerned boyfriend... I'm not stupid, I'm an educated person and though I'm a bit naive I understand that things do happen at these clubs. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice to find out whether a particular dancer (yes my girlfriend) performs extras? I honestly don't know what to do...I understand this might be a bit misguided but I can't understand how she makes so much money working day shifts...
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    sharkiee123, here's a weird idea, but worth exploring. You know how in the CSI shows, semen shows up under ultraviolet light ? Put a UV (black) bulb in your bedroom. Make sure that your windows block out any ambient light so that the UV bulb will be the only source of light in the room. Then, while she's in the shower, get her bag (where she keeps her stripper costumes ), and see if anything "lights up".
  • aalexium
    14 years ago
    Curious about the comments on 'regulars'. I've never actually seen what I assume (and what a girl tells me) is a regular actually get a dance...ever. However I have seen many girls spend entire evenings with one. How do girls make consistent money from regulars? Just curious. Perhaps I should raise this subject in a new thread.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    I think Nickelback answered the question: Far too pretty to be giving it cheap That’s why she’s making six figures working three days a week Yeah she’d even break a promise in the promise-land She didn’t make it this far by just shakin’ hands
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    They can never make more than $9,999.99.
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    First, do the math. Many factors to consider, but in a normal eight hour day shift, with 3 or 4 stage appearances (20 mins ea), bathroom, make up & hair adjustment time... assume typical customer gets 3 or 4 dances from a hottie at $20 ea. Round the numbers, and with intro and payment collection time dancer should be able to generate 4 or 5 dances from a different customer in a 1/2 hour. Let's say $100 gross per half hour. Do that for 12 half hour blocks (remember stage time, potty & make-up breaks)it looks like she could net a grand after tip out just doing regular dances. I don't know of very many girls who do 60 dances per shift - that means she's actually dancing 50% of the shift time. She be 2 tired 2 fu** when she get home.... Not unusual for a daytime regular to get 10 (or more) dances straight thru, plus a nice tip. Even without extra's, GFE (not an extra in my book)is common with regulars and tends to run up the number of dances a reg will get. If she's got 2 or 3 regs each day, that may increase her income significantly. Second, do the talk. "Geez baby, your legs are so toned. You must do 50 dances a day....oh wow, only 10 huh...." If it appears that she is making over $50 per dance, you might wonder what she is doing to make those dances worth that much. If she washes a lot of thongs, that could be an indication that somebody's bodily fluids are causing them to need washing a lot. If her income drops when her aunt Flo comes to visit, that could be important information as well. Most important, her job involves rubbing her parts against a guy's parts in order to cause the guy to attain some degree of sexual satisfaction. Therefore, I'm not sure I understand why you would be so hung-up on the extra's thing. It's all sexual activity in some form or another.
  • sharkiee123
    14 years ago
    mmdv26, you bring up some very convincing points... I checked her bag prior to her going to work one day and she had several plastic bags full of thongs. I don't know if that means anything. Also, I never said she didn't do VIPs and the ld's at the club she works at are $50... I understand what her job entails, and it's all about limitations. To some bumping and grinding would be enough to label as cheating. I'm already uncomfortable with that but I could not possibly begin to be cool with extras... The reason I want to know if she is possibly performing extra acts is because she wants me to stay with her a little longer until she finishes school at which point she claims she will get a different job. One that does not involve me losing sleep, feeling anxious, or performing poorly at work over.
  • whghIost
    14 years ago
    She is more likely doing extras! Extras could mean that she is making out with a regular to actually all the way. She may say that she doesn't do that means with any man. For her to make that much, she's doing a lot of VIP. So, if she brings that much every time, yeah, she is doing extras!
  • txtittyfan
    14 years ago
    AZ clubs are full of clubs where dancers make over $100/hr without doing anything more than grinding as they do a lot of dances for a lot of different customers. In Houston, the dancers do not seem to dance as often, but make good money providing extras. The is one hottie day girl that gives $100 HJ plus dance costs. and does 3-4 customers a day. Some girls do not give extras but stay busy because of their looks and personality. It comes down to their customer base. Not all customers are looking for the same thing.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Sharkiee: Remember that trust works both ways, and you go sneKing around checking up and spying on her, don't be too surprised if she finds out and gets upset about it, especially if it turns out your suspicions are unfounded. I'd frankly be surprised if she wasn't at a minimum getting guys off in their pants by grinding, at least once in awhile, even if she wasn't actually trying to do so. Whether she's doing more than that, on purpose, is something you're going to have to trust her about, or not. Whether or not you can trust her, or can live with her doing extras with appropriate protection (no degree of affection, IMNECTHO, is worth the risk of something like AIDS), ultimately you, and only you, will have to make the decision about whether you are better off with her or without her, based on what you know now or can reasonably find out within the bounds of your trust in her. If you are better of with her in spite of the issues, shut up, quit whining, and get on with loving her. If not, shut up, quit whining, and get on with your life without her. Either way, quit wasting time, there's life out there to be lived.
  • how
    14 years ago
    From me? Not much. I have no interest in being teased.
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Bewildering that "clean" dancers can make anything. Lot of weirdo sick-as-fuck guys in the world I guess.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    I don't know. There have been dancers I've spent money on, and been content to simply have a gropefest. Why? Because they were FUCKING GORGEOUS.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    Oops, hit enter too early. Anyway, if the woman looks like she just stepped out of Playboy, I can have a good time just groping her. It's not always about "extras". Sometimes it's about getting to spend some intimate time with a woman who's way out of my league. Sick, huh?
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    IME, the super-super gorgeous ones are the ones most willing to do OTC. Sometimes they are reluctant to do anything ITC, however. Not sure what the reason for this is, just a pattern I've noticed.
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    sharkiee123. She works at a club where LD's are $50 each! Is this in downtown NYC? I'm not familiar with the Manhattan clubs, but I have read where they can be pretty pricey. Otherwise, $50 is a lot of money for a single lap dance, and it makes me automatically think that such dances must be "enhanced" for a customer to routinely pay that much. For me: $20 each - after all, it's only sex. (sorry!) There are lots of variables, and that makes it hard to guess about the extra's. I respect your desire to know, and you're right it doesn't make sense to worry and agonize over the subject. If you were dating a skydiver, I suppose you would find it reassuring to know that she packs her own parachute...
  • casualguy
    14 years ago
    If the club is a very high price very upscale club where most of the customers have a lot of money and the dancers are hot, it might be easier for the dancers to make a lot more if they work there. Sometimes it may be easier for a dancer to make more money (clean I'm talking about) if she's one of the hotter dancers in the club and guys want to get dances from her. A number of dancers get hot and sweaty especially moving all around and dancing. Multiple change of clothes or thongs might be something many dancers have. I do not like running into sweaty dancers and hope they clean off and/or change clothes before they ask me for dances. A number of dancers like to change clothes just to see if one outfit appeals more to the customers in a club than another does. I'm not sure what the deal is with dancers wearing multiple thongs but I've seen that too. A dancer may be so used to sexual sitations that what doesn't seem like any big deal to her might be to someone else. Grinding against someone and getting them aroused may be no big deal to her. It's not sex and not something people consider to be an extra. A husband or boyfriend might not be too happy if he found out his wife was doing something like that. However a number of dancer's boyfriends are ok with that I believe.
  • ballin4life
    14 years ago
    I Have an idea... what do you think about sending in one of your buddies as a spy and seeing what she does. Admittedly, this is a bit uncomfortable, but I think it's the only way to really know.. What do you guys think? Although, she may only do extras for regulars, in which case you're out of luck.
  • ilbbaicnl
    14 years ago
    Most people who work in commisioned sales jobs (like stripping) tend to be decitful and manipulative. You should probably worry about that more than what the exact details what your GF does when she gives a lapdance. But if you and your GF really love each other and are good to each other, it would be stupid to throw that away, regardless of what she's is or isn't doing at work. It would be as stupid as her breaking up with you because you turned to look at some hot chick when she walked passed you. Probably even stupider, since your GF may never feel any actual attraction or arousal with any customer. If your pride or your morality make it impossible for you to accept her being a stripper (clean or dirty), that's one thing. But her being a stripper (clean or dirty) does not in itself mean she doesn't love you.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    Like I've said before, the only way that you're going to know whether or not this Spearmint Rhino stripper is doing "extras" is to reveal her stage name somewhere & ask people that have been with her point blank what goes on at her work. One thing that day shift dancer (that was working at odd night shift at the time) said at Desire in RI that I'll never forget (and I'm paraphrasing here): "I just love those old men on the day shift. They love to pay me just to talk to them & cuddle, and they just *love* my furry pussy!" She was talking about some of her regular day shift customers...some of them do tend to drop a lot of money for not that much, sometimes.
  • 10inches
    14 years ago
    have had several dancers tell me if they don't clear at least $500 per shift then it was a shitty day. after all the costs involved with tip outs, i would guess that they had to average about a $100 per hour. don't think you can do that without at least doing VIP. extras such as bj, hj or cob could raise that level quite a bit.
  • Mr.White
    14 years ago
    i thought you said she already told you she does OTC.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I remember a club in San Francisco sued and wanted to be paid a wage like employees. I think they settled on about $20/hour as the wage for strippers. I wonder how things went for that club. The dancers probably were not pressured to sell as many dances bc no tip outs, house fees, etc. but they probably still made out ok considering how many horny guys are out there.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion