tuscl

saturday night dead ?

LeeH
Georgia
Sunday, January 17, 2010 9:04 PM
Went to a SC for the first time ever on a Saturday. You would've thought it was a slow weeknight. About the same number of dancers and customers as a Tuesday, and not even the usual variety to choose from that you'd have during the week. This same club is off the proverbial chain on Friday nights. I had figured on even crazier on a Sat, but no dice. Unusual?

12 comments

• vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    I wouldn't say so, Lee. I've had the same experience in countless clubs, although my experience is probably influenced by the time I go in and how long I stay. These days I rarely close down a club, to cite an example, one of my fave clubs is Players, here in Detroit. Fridays, I walk in around 9, medium crowd, by midnight it is hopping. When I go in on Saturdays, same time, it is dead, and doesn't fill up nearly as much. Speculating, I'd say guys are hornier on Fridays and they have a new paycheck to spend.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    OTC Gal said Friday nights were "Jilltime", although she actually made more money on Saturdays.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    It might possibly depend on whether there is a sporting event going on, especially with the NFL playoffs going on now. Here in the Omaha area, the club I go to most (the Playhouse south of CB, Iowa) is always empty whenever the Nebraska football game is going on and it's also a factor if Iowa and Iowa State are playing, too. One of my favorites said the absolute worst days she had recently were the days Nebraska was in the Holiday Bowl and Iowa was in the Orange Bowl. On the other hand, I remember the time I made one of my roadtrips to Lawrence, Kansas the day Kansas was in the Final Four. I essentially had all the girls to myself that day.
  • neoguy
    14 years ago
    Saturday's are slower than Friday nights in my best spots. It has been slow since just before Christmas to be honest. Many people are trying to replenish their bank accounts i would think.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    Wives and girlfriends expect, even demand, to be taken out on dates on Saturday nights.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    Probably because of football. And the economy is still not great.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    LeeH, I was at a club last week where Saturday is now a 2-4-1 night. Like your post suggests, the club's other 2-4-1 night is Tuesday. (I initially though it was just a special for Saturday's play-off game, but found out it is now a regular feature at the club). Sign of the times?
  • bumrubber
    14 years ago
    It's been my experience too that Fridays and even Thursdays are busiest, and Saturday nights not busy at all. Date night, family time, dinner with friends, weekend away, whatever.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    The last strip club that I went to that was dead on a Saturday night was Danny's Gold Fox. That club is now out of business!
  • casualguy
    14 years ago
    If the weather is good and people just got paid, I usually see crowds on Saturday night. Unless there is a major sports event on that is not televised in the club. If it's in between pay periods, crowds are smaller. I would say weekend crowds are smallest near the end of the month when the last pay period hasn't been paid yet. For example when the last day of the month falls on a Tuesday or Wednesday (probably Monday as well but not always). Without the end of the month pay check, crowds are smaller. Some people get paid bi-monthly, some are paid monthly, either way with so many living paycheck to paycheck, they won't have as much extra cash at that time.
  • babehunter90
    14 years ago
    Yeah, it happened not too long ago. A few weeks back, I went to my favorite local place and was the only customer there for the last hour or so. I went back to the same place the other night and ran into the opposite problem: the place was packed and the only dancers on shift were my ATF and these two new girls (this is a small club so you hardly ever see much more than this).
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I am a day shift visitor. At my favorite club, I have found Sun and Mon to be the slowest as far as the number of dancers goes. I have atributed this to them resting after a busy week end.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion