tuscl

Being the landlord of strippers?

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 6:10 AM
A year ago I bought a house as an investment. The first tenants were two female dancers I met at the club. When I stopped by to collect the initial month's rent, we had a threesome. Next month, same thing. Month after that, same thing. But this time the girls said money was tight. I told them not to worry about it. The next month they gave me a month's rent but were still a month behind. Two months later, a threesome but no rent. I am balding, short, and a little overweight – I know the score. I've paid for sex before, and if the cost of these amazing encounters is having to eat the rent every few months, it's okay by me. But can I get in legal trouble here? Would this be considered prostitution? What if they started to withhold sex and rent? Would I have a problem evicting them, considering what I've been doing? I feel funny asking a lawyer about this.

31 comments

• Clubber
    15 years ago
    Best to visit your local ACORN office. They seem to have a lot of knowledge in these areas.
  • jester214
    15 years ago
    I'm not a lawyer, but I would say unless you are telling them "If you fuck me, I won't charge rent" then I would say you're safe. You're basically being a sugardaddy. People do this all the time for girlfriends, or just to help people out. I think you're in the clear.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Chitownlawyer could answered this. Wonder what happened to him?
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Sam, Suggest you try collecting the "rent" weekly. (This has been going on for a year? - you old dog, holding out on us, huh?)
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    You are paying them for sex by providing an apartment rent free. When you try to evict them, what do you think a judge or jury will think about a landlord trying to evict a tenant because she stopped engaging in criminal activity?
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    Irregardless of whether it is prostitution or not, the IRS would view sex for rent as taxable income.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    Okay, okay, this is all wrong. It should've gone like this: Dear Penthouse, A year ago I bought a house as an investment. The first tenants were two female dancers I met at the club. When I stopped by to collect the initial month’s rent, we had a threesome, and oh what a threesome it was. The blonde was unbelievable. She had the biggest tits you ever saw. I mean, OMG !! Can you imagine. No sooner had I jizzed in her, she said: "Not bad for a sixteen year old, huh?" Sixteen ?? Oh crap. Then she told me she had been dancing with her older sister's I.D. She wanted another go, but Mr. Happy had become Mr. Flaccid. In all seriousness though, Samsung, if you haven't already, have them sign a lease. If you think it's bad now, wait till one of them lets her biker boyfriend wreck the place. Make them sign the lease, and live by the lease, and no matter how tempting, don't ever have a threesome with them again. Best yet, and you make out on this, pay someone to collect the rent. You're playing with fire, literally. What if they torch the place, even accidentally? You'll be out a whole bunch of money once the dancers tell the insurance company about the threesomes. Never mix business & pleasure-Never mix business & family.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Sam, it would've been a much more enjoyable read had it been a what if tale rather than a what now... Along those lines, what if you were to mention the interest on your part of moving a third person in there, a guy who's 'sort of' a friend of yours but unknown to them? How would they react? Would they say "no", and seek out a new place to live? Just a thought...
  • gk
    15 years ago
    Three comments: 1) Clubber--lol! 2) Steve is right. Treat them like a beater used car lot would and make them pay each week. Now, you really don't want to complain about that currency they're using, do you? 3) If it's income, would you report that on a Form 1069? ...Oh, and one more thought. Have you considered turning this house into a duplex?
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I have 3 unused bed rooms. Should I rent them out to strippers? lol...
  • 10inches
    15 years ago
    this is just a continuation of the age old use of bartering. simply exchanging goods or services that each party wants.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    "Come and knock on our door... We've been waiting for you... Where the kisses are hers and hers and his, Three's company too."
  • babehunter90
    15 years ago
    Well, if the time does come to kick them out, you could always just say that you waived the rent a few times but have decided not to do this anymore, and that they need to either pay up (in cash) or leave. No need to even mention that the threesomes ever took place.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    babehunter90, Perhaps they have saved DNA samples to cover their selves. :) I see a shelf with multiple test tubes of semen, dated and numbered.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "Would this be considered prostitution?" Almost surely yes, since you are exchanging sex for something of monetary value. It really depends on the laws of your current home state. "What if they started to withhold sex and rent? Would I have a problem evicting them, considering what I’ve been doing? I feel funny asking a lawyer about this." You shouldn't "feel funny" asking a lawyer anything. Most of them have heard it all. I think you know where this is going. They are not going to be good about paying the rent, and you'll eventually have to get rid of them. Better to plan a strategy for that now than later. Good luck...
  • londonguy
    15 years ago
    I hope I am wrong Samsung but I fear you have trouble ahead. As MrGuy says you shouldn't feel bad about seeing a lawyer, they have heard worse than that I can assure you, not speaking from personal experience of course.
  • jester214
    15 years ago
    Folks can we keep in mind it will be his word against these two women? If you're really worried about it, just document that they've paid you. Use registered mail, make lots of copies, and make sure they're not taping the threesomes... A lease probably isn't a bad idea, even just to have written down, you can even tell them they don't have to follow it, just make sure they sign it. I doubt you're gonna need it, but do that, and you've got a paper trail (albeit a bullshit one) to support your claims should you need it.
  • catman988
    15 years ago
    Samsung - yes you can get in trouble. I own a mobile home park and have had many offers for rent over the years. In my town, an owner was accused of asking for sex for rent and ended up losing his park! You should be very careful about this practice - it can be dangerous.
  • mitciv
    15 years ago
    MisterGay: "It really depends on the laws of your current home state." No shit sherlock! What a f'n moron
  • slickpeter
    15 years ago
    I am also a landlord and the only thing I can say is that I always rent by the week ---- payable monthly ---that arrangement allows me to get them out quicker ---- in my state the usual eviction is for the length of the rental period --- so by renting by the week i can get rid of them in one week ---versus most of the rentals are month to month --- and that gives them a whole month to destroy the place. Sorry to say Sam I have never had the opportunity you are in the middle of ---- I wouldn't touch one of my renters with your ten foot pole!
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    Thanks, once again, for providing absolutely ZERO useful info in yet another waste of a discussion board post mitciv. Why are you even here?? It's not for the strip club info, that's for sure...run along now...
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    cmon misterguy and mitciv. if you have personal issues why not just PM each other and spare the rest of us. Anybody can ridicule anybody, anytime they want, i grant you that, but what is the point? back to the dilemma of samsung1 -- having been a landlord and having had some legal hassles in real estate, I personally agree with those who say that samsung is either skating on thin ice, or playing with fire (or pick your own metaphor.) If I were you, sam, I would try to revert to the practice of collecting rent in the form of money, but approach it in a tactful and respectful way to minimize possible backlash problems. Ya jes' never know....
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    arbeeguy, What happens, is, someone posts something another doesn't like, but rather than be an adult and just ignore, they become childish and it is their duty to try an censor. Best thing to do when one sees another has to start the ridicule is to just yawn and continue on your way.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "What happens, is, someone posts something another doesn't like, but rather than be an adult and just ignore, they become childish and it is their duty to try an censor. Best thing to do when one sees another has to start the ridicule is to just yawn and continue on your way." You're such a moron clubber...your continued "YAWN" postings ARE a response...a non-response really, which simply means that you don't know what to say...because, of course, you are a moron & a coward who likes to pick fights with people & then simply run away. Nobody here is from the govt. & attempting to try and "censor" anyone, period.
  • mitciv
    15 years ago
    MisterGay is a mental train wreck
  • beeoch
    15 years ago
    How about this for a solution: Next time they want to trade sex for rent, hand them a receipt (keeping a copy for yourself) for the months rent, deposit your own cash for the rent in the account you normally put rent money in. Now you have a paper trail and its their word versus your word. I would think a respectable landlords evidence versus the story of a stripper would carry more weight with a Judge. Even if the have a tape of you, you could claim the sex was a freebie between 3 consenting adults and nothing else. On a more serious side, you are playing with fire. You need to claim the rental income on your taxes every month (no matter what form you take it in.) Otherwise the IRS will accuse you of trying to hide income on the rental as I am sure you are taking depreciation on the house and writing off other expenses against the profit of the rent. just my opinion bee
  • vincemichaels
    15 years ago
    hmmm, interesting solutions being presented here. I agree that the situation is probably going to deteriorate further. It brings to mind, experiences I had with a rental house I had. I was tempted with one of my tenants to cut her some slack, but then she started dating an NBA player, I figured that was really asking for it if she got pissed off with me. Her boybfriend was about 7 feet tall and 220 lbs. LOL. I am not going to offer any advice, samsung1, you know the people involved. Good luck in getting rid of them though, when they keep skipping on the rent.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    YAWN!
  • ilbbaicnl
    15 years ago
    You have to decide how much free rent you're willing to give them in order for the "relationship" to continue. If you see they want more than what you're willing to give, stop having sex with them and tell them they have to pay in full from then on.
  • georgmicrodong
    15 years ago
    Or *always* charge them full rent, and then reburse them for the services they provide, such painting, fixing their own plumbing, and similar. Of course, you should always provide them with a receipt for their rent, and ask for one when they do something for you.
  • ilbbaicnl
    15 years ago
    You will permanently burn yourself with most women if you suggest an overt exchange of sex for money or gifts. This generally applies even with women who require major financial consideration from a guy they are doing. It may not make a lot of sense, but that's the way it is. Would you be willing to give them more of a break on rent if they saw you more than once a month? Then tell them you'd like to see them more often. When you have to tell a dancer you won't give as much money/drinks/etc. as they want, it seems to be better to tell them you have this or that financial obligation that limits your spending. It makes it sound more like "I can't afford that" instead of "you're not worth that", so they don't feel dissed. I'm not sure how real it is when dancers seem to take it personally when you haggle. But even if it's just an act, it seems to work best if you go along with the game, and avoid saying or implying they're asking for too much. Better to cry poor.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion