tuscl

The Myth of Seperation of Strip Clubs and Christian Chruches

Slothrop
Florida
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:14 PM
I believe that our founding fathers wanted to have strip clubs within Christian Churches, not separate. This is clear from the works of Jefferson who wrote, after completing the Declaration of Independence, that strippers and churches go together, so why not have strip clubs inside churches? Some of the founding fathers perhaps went too far with their claims that Jesus had refused to pay the $50 entrance fee at the Spearmint Rhino/Bethlehem, but no actual proof could be found. Nonetheless, the concept that strippers performing their rituals within the confines of churches has long been a staple of American thinking -- a pox on those who would separate the two!

8 comments

• Dudester
    15 years ago
    However, the big debate came in because Ben Franklin was an avowed nudist. Ol Ben wanted the right to be nude with the girls, but John Adams, being the prude that he was, wanted distance requirements. Thomas Payne, being a Silversmith, wanted a distance of 1/3 mile from his silver shop to any strip club. And finally, John Hancock, because he was a family man, wanted to be able to wear a disguise in the club, and TJ said "No way". So, the debate raged on.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    A liberal with somewhat of a sense of humor.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    "So, the debate raged on." Which led, of course, to Thomas Paine (or "T-Paine", as he was known in the clubs of the day) to issue his famous proclamation, "Give me 2-for-1's or give me death!" ...or something like that.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    He was a master debater!
  • DoctorDarby
    15 years ago
    OK, you guys need to get your history right. It was Patrick Henry who said "give me 2 for 1's or give me death." Paine was quoted as saying "these are the titties that try men's souls" during a visit to a famous Philadelphia strip-pub during the winter of 1776. When Franklin and Jefferson shared diplomatic duties in Paris during the War for Independence, Franklin was once heard to ask Jefferson during a particularly scintilating Parisian floor routine "Good god Thomas, are you going to eat that or should I?" Really. I'm an historian. Would I lie?
  • BaddJack
    15 years ago
    Then DoctorDarby also is familiar with my favorite Lincoln quote: "Fuck, it don't matter." Gotta love ol' Honest Abe.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    It was Thomas Jefferson, speaking on the natural order of things, who wrote: "We hold these tits to be self-evident." (And to this day, we still hold them!) And let's not forget the famous words from the War of 1812: "Don't fire (your load) until you see their clit rings." And the best advice from our forefathers was from George Washington in his Farewll Address(actually a letter) who forewarned us about East European strippers with these words: "Beware of foreign entanglements."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion