tuscl

Sticky Fingers?

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 10:28 PM
No, not that kind – I'm referring to dancers lifting some of your cash. Ever happen? In one review a guy claimed a dancer stole $200 from him. I've never had anything that drastic, but I swear there have been times when I went to tip a dancer and found all my ones gone. Of course, it could just be the effects of alcohol and the first stages of Alzheimers. And yes, before you say it, I'm slightly paranoid.

15 comments

• rekrap
    15 years ago
    I'm sure it happens but always keep my bills in a secure pocket
  • potheadpl
    15 years ago
    I think I'd chalk that up to too much alcohol. But, I keep my money in a pocket, not in my wallet.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    Haven't had a money problem in the club, but sometimes I wear a nice leather jacket to the clubs (it's comfy, warm, and in winter some clubs will be freakin cold). Anyway, I once wore the jacket in a secluded section. There was one other couple in our area. I don't know why, but I felt comfortable leaving my jacket on the chair. Went off with my dancer to get some lappers. When I returned, my jacket was missing. I looked around and noticed the other dancer wrapping the jacket around her chair. She instantly apologized and fessed up that her client had told her the jacket was his. She even offered a free lapper to show her sincerity (I didn't take it since she was a chain smoker [YUCK !!]) I've never left my jacket alone since.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Actually, I had the opposite happen, but by the bartender. I paid for a beer and she gave me change for $100. I told her she had made a mistake and that I'd given her a ten. So aid no, it was a $100. I even argued with her about it until she opened her cash register and showed me the $100. She could have easily said she had made the mistake and kept the cash, but didn't. I gave her a very nice tip. Dancer, they have stolen when I paid in advance and didn't receive what was offered.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    I havve heard several stories of dancers stealing from each other. the only times I have had dancers try to steal from me is by overstating their dances. I keep my money away from them in my pocket.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I talked to a manager that had a pick pocket dancer. From what I heard, a few dancers may have known about it (maybe even been involved). Basically it sounds like the dancers started off working the guy over during a lap dance and making his wallet (I guess if loose) pop out of his back pocket and stay stuck in the sofa. Guess what, if he didn't go back and notice it missing right away, his money was probably gone. One guy thought his wallet must have fallen out. He went back right away but noticed the dancer that gave him the lap dance was still there in the lap dance room. I heard about another case where the dancer would hold the guy's hand and slip her hand into his pocket. She ended up getting caught and fired and moved onto another club. One dancer once told me if a guy is so stupid not to check his pockets after a lap dance to see if something is missing, he deserves to lose whatever he had in his pockets. I started checking my pockets after that. Now there have been a few dancers who returned something that a customer dropped but if it's money they are returning, that seems to be a rare dancer from what I've heard. Maybe the bad apples are just giving the other dancers a bad reputation. The other night I encountered a dancer who said she had to get up early to go to church. The way she spoke about it made it seem like nothing that unusual. Church going strippers may sound strange in some places but I've met a lot.
  • aalexium
    15 years ago
    Yes - $7. After returning from the tip rail I had my 'roll' of $1s by my side while I got settled into my seat. Girl comes by and asks if I wanted a dance which I kindly decline. I notice she notices my $s on the chair and she leans in as if to give me a view of her tits, grabs the roll and then starts to walk off. I inform her the money she just picked up is indeed mine and she, in a very bitchy manner, returns the $1s saying she didn't know whose money it was. Then she asks for a tip for returning the money to which I kindly replied fuck off and informed a club bouncer of her attempted thievery. Only time that has happened. Now if you consider thievery via ghost dances - when a dancer overcounts the number of songs in a series of dances you've recieved from her - I've experienced this a handful of times over the years and have never paid for a dance that didn't actually happen. If it was apparent her miscount wasn't related to her lack of algebra skills and most especially if she persists I always take the issue directly to management. Actually happened a few weeks back and after only 1 song! E. Euro dancer insists we had just completed song #2 at $30 a pop. Mgt took care of it. Amazes me girls even attempt this - I think for some it is a form of attempted retribution (a way of getting even of sorts) against men in general for thier self-perceived lot in life. That or they're just ROBs! But 98% of the time - absolutely no problem.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    In earlier days I made the mistake of opening my wallet at the bar to pay for drinks for a dancer and the brazen bitch reached into my wallet, snatched a twenty and, when the manager confronted her after my complaint, denied doing it and started screaming and crying about how miserable her life was--boyfriend, sick child, etc. I left and never went back to that club.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Yep, dancers watch every move we make with money, wallets or cell phones. Anything of value is fair game. I try to leave my house keys and cellphone locked in the glove box and park around the corner away from the valet, especially in the warmer weather. I've heard about wallets, watches and credit cards disappearing after guys got drunk. As I just posted, some dancers will just snatch cash right out of your wallet, pocket or hand and giggle as they walk away to the dressing room.
  • observe
    15 years ago
    Several years ago I got pickpocketed by a dancer at Cheaters in Providence (which is such a repulsive dive that I should not have been in anyway). The strategy was to cuddle up in a dark corner; while doing so, she extracted the cash from the wallet. Amazingly, credit cards etc were intact, just all the bills gone. Strongly recommend keeping your wits about you, especially in the lower grade places. Essentially, don't take anything with you that you are not prepared to lose.
  • dudeanonymous
    15 years ago
    I recently had the opposite happen. I got up to go to the bathroom and didn't realize my tip money (aboout $30 in fives and ones) had fallen out of my pocket. A dancer I didn't know saw what happened, scooped up the cash and ran after me to return it. She wouldn't take a tip for it, but she got a nice reward the next time she was on stage.
  • uscue13
    15 years ago
    Never had a problem
  • gk
    15 years ago
    Talked to a dancer last night who braggned about finding a day shift girl's bankroll in the private dance area. She didn't even bother trying to find out who lost the money (which wouldn't be hard--if it was a dancer), she was happy to make it her own.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    Maybe once or twice. I keep ones in shirt pocket for tips, ammount lost was <$5. In last case, 1 of possible suspects might have been a masseuse. I could have sworn I had tip money, only to reach in pocket and find it empty.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Maybe I am just lucky that it has never happened to me because I know that there are a lot of bitches that would do that. I always check my pockets before leaving a lap dance room to make sure that I leave with every thing I came in with. Especially my car and hotel keys. Stuff can accidentally slip out of your pockets while getting amorous.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion