tuscl

michael jackson music in the strip club

Friday, July 10, 2009 12:01 AM
I have made three visits to the strip clubs in the past week and at two of the clubs there has been a michael jackson song played. My favorite SC song by MJ is Billie Jean. Just wondering how long this fad will last because I do not remember hearing MJ songs being played before. What other MJ songs are good for strip clubs in your opinion?

18 comments

• txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    None. In all of my clubbing, I do not ever recall hearing a MJ song.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    I rarely even notice the songs being played, unless it is heavy metal (I enjoy) or rap/hip hop or whatever it is (I do not like).
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Likewise I've heard Billie Jean, also P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
  • racejeff
    15 years ago
    I started going to strip clubs during the Thriller era. Billie Jean and Beat It were popular, in the day. You don't here his music as most popular stuff is too old.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    The one club played the Billie Jean song remix with Kayne West released in 2008 on the album: Michael Jackson 25th Anniversary of Thriller. While the other club played the original version.
  • Slothrop
    15 years ago
    Best MJ music for a dance club would be 2 tracks off the "Off the Wall" LP, "Rock With You" and "Gotta Be Starting Something." Used to occassionally hear the latter back in the late 80's/early 90's, but not recently.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Slothrop, "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin" was on 'Thriller'. Maybe you're thinking of "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough" from 'Off the Wall'. I agree that practically any of Michael Jackson's dance hits would work fine. The sappy ballads, not so fine. Please, please, no "We Are the World".
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I don't recall ever hearing, in a strip club, a song by the King of Poop.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Lately they are playing Dirty Diana alot at one local club.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I heard several MJ songs about 2 weekends ago in strip clubs. One of the first ones I heard was Thriller. I'm assuming he died before I heard the songs but I'm not sure anymore about the Thriller song I heard. I heard some strange music about 2 weeks ago.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    There are probably 50 unreleased MJ songs that will be hitting the market over the next two years.
  • LoneLurker
    15 years ago
    Only one I can recall being played in a SC is "Beat It."
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I never heard Beat it but recall a stripper doing that song title on me alot, funny.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    A couple I can remember hearing off the top of my head are Smooth Criminal (the rock remake is more common) and Dirty Diana. But I haven't been in a club since MJJ passed on so it's probable I'd have heard more in the last week or so.
  • how
    15 years ago
    I had a memorable dance to "Liberian Girl" back in the early 1990s.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    I've heard Dirty Diana.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    At my favorite club, I remember one of the dancers did a whole Michael Jackson set once. In the limited amount of time since his death, I haven't heard anything from him, but I've also been out of town for a week.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    I saw one girl dancing to "Dirty Diana" this past weekend, which I think may have been a first for me. The rest of the dancers at the club were as sick & tired of hearing about him as I was though.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion