tuscl

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

stripclubspy
Michigan
Saturday, September 19, 2009 3:26 PM
Do strippers do drugs to deal with stripping, or do they strip to pay for their drugs???

15 comments

• grrldancer
    15 years ago
    I'm a dancer and I don't do drugs :(
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I'm sure we've heard every reason under the sun for why they strip. This is why I tend to like the non-Americans a bit more, as those girls are doing it mainly for economic reasons (their home countries dont pay enough). In my opinion, foreigner strippers tend to do drugs less than American ones. Of course all of this is a generalization, there are plenty of strippers who dont do drugs and plenty of foreigners who do.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    tx: "Since there have been studies/polls indicating over 50% of people under 30 have done drugs, it is probably safe to say stripping has little to do with being a causal factor in drug use" You really are as naive as they come aren't you?
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    I think most of them get into stripping for the same reasons they got into drugs: a troubled upbringing, lack of willpower, short-term thinking, yadda yadda. The two feed each other, but neither chicken nor egg is the total cause. It's not like they develop an expensive drug habit, then realize they need to trade in their college books and librarian's wages for something that pays better.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    Drugs usually came first. But many I've met need to get buzzed or high to get through the day because they really don't like their jobs--except for the money.
  • Vegeta1on1
    15 years ago
    From the ones I know, they did drugs before stripping. They used stripping for money to get more drugs and ect.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    Most of them that I know who do drugs did them long before becoming strippers, so more than likely, they strip to pay for the drugs. On the other hand, I've had a favorite who told me she never would have done some of the stuff she's done unless she was a stripper. And that's simply because it's available.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    By the title of this thread I had to wonder if strippers were dealing chickens or eggs?
  • Player11
    15 years ago
    A lot of them do drugs as they may be shacked up with sleazebo druggie boyfriends. These guy have no money or job but only drug know-how. They are worthless loser scum who will get a gal on drugs and use the drugs to get pussy with her. Her goal is to make money from you, a paying customer to buy her BF clothes, food, pay their rent, etc. He gets the pussy for free, you have to pay.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    I echo pothead, some are already doing it. Stripping gives them the money to get better access to their drug du jour. I was shocked to see a 18 year old doing boilermakers at Houston Dolls. I thought a club would better monitor their dancers.
  • potheadpl
    15 years ago
    That is a very good question. One dancer who I talk to a lot was introduced to drugs as a 13 year old and ended up with a coke habit after she started stripping at 18. She's 28 now and still stripping, but now she's drug free. Doesn't even smoke cigarettes. I've watched others come into the club as a fresh faced 18 year old and end up drugged out in 6 months.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Stripping no doubt makes it worse. They may not come into it clean as a whistle, but medicating themselves to deal with stripping, disposable cash and the availability of drugs around clubs, plus the whole lifestyle and peer pressure (the usual factors, in other words) all combine to turn many many girls into heavy users. Sad but true.
  • harrydave
    15 years ago
    I would say the drug use starts and escalates before the stripping, typically ages 15 to 17. Before the drug use might be sexual or physical abuse.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    Since there have been studies/polls indicating over 50% of people under 30 have done drugs, it is probably safe to say stripping has little to do with being a causal factor in drug use.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I dunno the answer to that. What I do know is that 50% or more of the ones that I do know are users. Mostly pot but it goes all the way up to heroine.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion