tuscl

Strip Club Music

Does the type of music a club plays make any difference to your club selection? Or do you just consider it background noise?

22 comments

• DandyDan
    15 years ago
    No real difference, although there does seem to be a distinct difference amongst the clubs I visit when it comes to the music they play. One of them plays a lot of rap/R&B music, another plays mostly rock and the other is somewhere in between. Now if there is somewhere I am going where they have multiple clubs and one of them listed here plays more rock than the others, I'd probably go there.
  • londonguy
    15 years ago
    For me the main criteria is the quality of the ladies.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    The clubs I frequent play a variety. I just do not like rap. The music should be upbeat. My favorite clubs in Az played relatively loud rock n roll for the most part, providing visual and auditory stimulation. The Tx clubs I visit tend to be more laid back.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    Not really. If the girls pick the music you don't what it's going to be anyway. Same with a jukebox.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Background noise. Don't love it don't hate it. I mostly just tune it out. If a club actually played cool music I wanted to hear, it would be too much of a distraction.
  • mreef
    15 years ago
    They play music in clubs? Seriously, my only concern with music is the length of the songs.

My strip club song theorem:
    - Songs are too long when you are waiting for a favorite to finish her set on stage
    - Songs are too short when getting a LD
  • londonguy
    15 years ago
    lol mreef, couldn't agree more, murphys law eh?
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    The last couple of times I went to Houston Dolls, I wasn't on the prowl. The DJ there plays ate 70's, early 8's rock. I found it relaxing to be in a place with my kind of music. If I'm on the prowl for pussy, the music is just background noise to me.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    My favorite club has "throw back Thursdays". The DJ's play pops from the 70's-80's. Us old guys like it and so do the dancers. It is what they grew up to. Otherwise it is just too loud back ground noise.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    In the clubs that have a jukebox and the dancers pick their songs, I tip the dancers extra to play 80's tunes.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Yeah, they could play Polka music if the girl is hot enough.
  • mmdv26
    15 years ago
    I've been exposed to music in clubs that I wouldn't otherwise have listened to. Some of it I have found enjoyable and have purchased a CD - now I can have strip club sound in my car or even at home!!!
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    Hard blaring loudness is bad -- regardless of the music. I need to be able to hear her, chitty-chat with her. I am often surprised that clubs don't, more often, play the music that would most attract CUSTOMERS whom they wish to attract. More often than is reasonable, they simply cater to the dancer's wishes, playing some kid-rap by a white suburban boy that she thinks is all the rat-shit for the fact that he has a tattoo of a sports team on his eyelid.
  • CCRiderm
    15 years ago
    Anything but RAP.....I leave when they put it on.
  • lopaw
    15 years ago
    I really don't care too much about the music. All I ask is that I don't have to yell at the dancer sitting next to me to be heard over the volume of it.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    I almost forgot about a club visit totally ruined by the music not too long ago. I was at a Charlotte, NC club on the night before some big stock car race. They played nothing but really bad metal at ear-splitting volume. I don't mind an occasional metal song but this made my teeth hurt. I had to leave. And I thought race fans went for country shit. I hope this was a one-time thing, because I used to like that club.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Loud, boring and mind numbing is the norm.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    SuperDude - Loud boring mindnumbing = Limp Bizkit, Anthrax , Avenged Sevenfold
  • gk
    15 years ago
    If you know the club plays music selected by the dancer, you have an insight into her mind. That's good for getting to know her, and getting her more comfortable with you.
  • snowtime
    15 years ago
    I have never understood why a lot of clubs insist on playing Rap music when it is obviously disliked by most middle aged customers. Since most of the dancers state that the middle age crowd is the group most likely to spend the most money on dances it seems a poor choice. I suspect the reason for this is that the Rap music is what the DJ prefers and consequently that is what he plays. Unfortunately the club owner is too stupid or is making too much money to care otherwise. Plus, I guess they realize that us older guys will put up with the bothersome music if they maintain a stable of hot dancers willing to provide us with satisfying dances. So in the end, I suppose it is partially our fault for continuing to patronize the clubs despite the horrible music.
  • Philip A. Stein
    15 years ago
    They never play any Grateful Dead in the clubs so it all sucks to me.

To be honest, I like raunchy club music. Its so out of my usual genres, I like small doses. Pussy Control, Crazy Bitch, Double A Triple X, Gettin' Some Head, bring it on!
  • gatorjoe2
    15 years ago
    I listen to the music, sometimes the club is boring, sometimes the ladies aren't that interesting and a good song can make it interesting.

It's not background music, if it can make the club more like a fun party and less like the morgue. Sometimes all the rock music, especially the metal, gets too much for me. Same with rap, a healthy mix is good. Old white guys should be willing to have their limits push a little by the music.

I like the classic rock occassionally, but it has to fit the club and the situation. My favorite club is mostly middle aged white guys, some white collar some blue collar, especially during happy hour. My expectations is that there should be a lot more rock, but pop works as well.

Mistake is letting the girls choose the specific song, let them choose the genre (rock, metal, techno, r+b) and let the DJ do his job. Nothing worse though is the jukebox playing the same 5 songs over and over again, because the girl just loves that song.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion