tuscl

What is too much Fun?

whghIost
Georgia
Saturday, May 2, 2009 6:27 AM
I work 7 on and off 7 days. I go to the club 4 times every 2 weeks. Lately, I have been spending more than I want to spend. My ATF is draining me pretty good. I need to spend less or come less often. How much do you guys spend and how often you go?

18 comments

• studman17
    15 years ago
    I try to limit myself to once a month max and even that's taking a toll on my bank account. Each time 200 - 300 tops. No ATM or credit cards to remove the temptations
    15 years ago
    How much each of us spends is irrelevant. We all have differing disposable incomes (or lack thereof) available to us. I typically go 2-3 times a month. When I go to Vegas typically 3 nights during a 5 night stay.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    Depends on your budget. My OTC gal has cost me a lot, but I go through a lot of crap at work and the offset is first class pussy.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    If I have a lot of other unexpected expenses, I will cut back and not visit strip clubs for a while. That is a lot easier than trying to control how much money you spend in a strip club. I do limit my spending in strip clubs by not buying expensive dances and only using cash. You can limit your spending inside the club further but it's harder to have the self control in my opinion instead of just not visiting. Not drinking would probably help but doing too much might make the entire visit not worth it. To answer the original question, I only visit strip clubs 2 to 4 times a month. When I wasn't spending very much, I used to visit more frequently. I'm not as interested in visiting strip clubs as much as I once was though.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I typically spend $50-150 each time I go. There was once a time I went and spent as little as $10 and as much as $500. I try to limit myself to once per month but when I am dealing with stress it increases to 2 or 3 per month. I figure going to the club makes me happy, keeps me focused/confident, and keeps me sane. So instead of spending money on monthly prescriptions for antidepressants, ADHD medication, and any other medication/doctor/shrink bill, I spend the money at a strip club.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    one way to decrease spending at a strip club is to spend more time at the bar instead of lap dance area. This is assuming of course the club is not one of the places that charge "dancer drink" prices. If the drink prices are the same for the dancer as it is for you, then you can spend time with your ATF at the bar instead of the lap dance area.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    I go when I feel like it and spend about the same. If I quit cold turkey tomorrow, though, life would still move on. You need to figure out what your true motivation is for doing the visits, and then decide if the cash outlay is worth the return. Too much fun is when you keep asking the same questions, ignoring your own answers, and expecting a different outcome.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    w-g; If you don't mind answering: What line of work are you in that you work week on week off?? (pm me if you don't want to put in thread)
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    [view link] The one job I know that offers a schedule of 7 on and 7 days off, is a night pharmacist. The kind that work the graveyard shift at CVS or Rite Aid. I have a friend that works for Rite Aid Pharmacy as a night pharmacist and works 7 days straight of 9 pm to 8 am, then gets 7 days off.
  • mreef
    15 years ago
    I am an opportunistic clubber, I go when I can, without arousing too much suspicion from the wife and family. I am always taking a 20 or two out of my wallet and stashing it away, so I always seem to have a $200 to $350 available for the club. I tend to take no more than $200. The most I have spent is $250 or so, but my usual club stay is 1-2 hours, so I'm definitely in and out relatively quickly. I once did a VIP and was out in 35 minutes, with my wallet $150+ lighter. I've had dancers ask why I'm leaving so soon. (Uh... the "movie" I went to only runs 100+ minutes).
  • mmdv26
    15 years ago
    Want to cut down spending at SC's?? Stay out of them.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    It's impossible to have too much fun. I go when I can, which is usually the weekend, but I've been known to go during the week.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Before I retired, I was working 12 hour shifts. 3 on 3 off, 3 on 3 off, 3 on 3 off, 3 on 6 off. My ATF(GF) currently works 24 hours on, 48 off. The time off was nice but I couldn't get shit done on my working days. No more alarm clocks.
  • Notsosly
    15 years ago
    Lol Mkreef... I do the same thing. I squirrel away money until I have "enough" to go to a club (which for me is $500 to $700, though I usually only spend half that... I want extra in case I find something REAL special). My minimum entry bankroll is $300. Then I have to find a reason to go and be gone for a few hours and come back smelling like perfume, pussy and beer... or at least bring a change of clothes (at lest a shirt), some cologne, and some tic-tacs. When economy or my bank account is in the shitter... I just don't go to the club. Or if I do, it's a quick trip, like to watch a couple quarters of a game and have a few beers, then maybe a lapper or 2 and spend less than $100.
  • Notsosly
    15 years ago
    And by "squirrel" I mean I literally take $20's or $50's and stick them in a pocket of a pair of shorts/pants I never wear... or in a large computer programming book that I know my wife would never in a million years take off the shelf and open.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Years ago I used to squirrel my money on the inside pocket of a suit that I rarely wore. One day my EX sent it to the dry cleaners. I was lucky. I rushed to the cleaners and was able to recover the $300 that I had stashed away.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Smart move, sc. I'd hate to see you caught up in "money laundering" problems.
  • whghIost
    15 years ago
    I guess it is too much when you realize you are going more often and to the same girl. I am planning to taper myself till I payoff some of my stuff.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion