tuscl

Short Songs

Monday, January 12, 2009 11:39 PM
Is there a good way to deal with the DJ cutting songs way short? Last time I was in a club the songs seemed like they were under 60 seconds. The next time I get a really short song I think I will tell the dancer that I wanted more dances from her but the songs are too short. Perhaps she might be motivated to get more dances, dunno. Has anyone found a solution to this problem that works?

14 comments

• giveitayank
    15 years ago
    The club has the right to make a "five" second song if they want to. Usually they are cutt off the song at three minutes. At least that's the way it is around the Seattle area. The only way that you can deal with it is to stop going there. If you and enough others stop giving them your business, then maybe they will change that and other policies.
  • giveitayank
    15 years ago
    You also could try talking to the manager about it. That might lengthen the songs some.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    Some dancers have worked with me. They understand that I like to buy a lot of dances and some are smart enough to understand that repeat volume business has value. What I usually say is something like dang that was short, I hope you're willing to help me out. Usually, a good dancer if the song was truly short will say something like don't worry, I won't charge you for that one.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "Has anyone found a solution to this problem that works?" As had been said, a lot of clubs have an automatic cutoff at a certain amount of time (like 4 mins. or whatever) into a song, and some others allow the full songs to play out or allow the strippers to pick their own songs. A former ATF of mine used to find the shortest songs on the jukebox and use them for her stage sets so that she would never be on stage for very long (she didn't like stage dancing). This is an issue that we've all pretty much been hosed on before. Try paying for a set amount of time instead, if you can.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I talked to a DJ about this and he claimed he like to cut out the intro and end of a song because they are not the exciting parts to the songs. As far as talking to the girls/managers about it, they will just try to sell you on the champagne rooms, where you pay $100 per 15 minutes, instead of $30 per song. They will talk about how it is such a great value.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    The only good way to deal with this problem is to stop going to that club. DJ's will do whatever they want to do, or else they have strict rules to follow. At least at the two clubs I go to most, they don't cut it off. Then again, at the one club, they can't play anything over 5 minutes, which eliminates a large number of songs from ever being played there.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    Perhaps this is where we present this idea: A TUSCL Membership card. We, the TUSCL, network with each other. In a sense we are the BBB of strip clubs. When we, the TUSCL, go into a club and find a rip off practice, like short songs, we present our cards and tell the manager he might want to rethink his policy, lest we blacklist his club.
  • how
    15 years ago
    Good ideas to a thorny problem. I prefer dealing with the dancer, not the DJ or manager. If the songs are short and she asks me for a dance, I may simply say, "The songs are very short." If she wants some of my money, she may work our an arrangement that does not depend on song length. The activity may be quite unlike dancing, after all...
  • how
    15 years ago
    Brother's solution is great, but not likely to work in general. It requires developing a friendly relationship with the DJ, and it requires DJs that are amenable to the idea. The former takes time, and the latter is not to be expected, as most DJs do their best to convince us all that they are bozos.
  • IceHot
    15 years ago
    It depends on the club and if you are a regular. have you tried tipping the DJ. One 5$ tip for multiple songs can sometimes be worth it.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    I like TUSCL_Brother's solution if you aren't broke or cheap. However, it requires a little boldness, personality, or time. Very rarely I do that thru the bartender assuming that I was friendly with her. In a club, I'm usually fairly quiet and prefer to generally not be noticed.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Fuck the DJ. I have known 3. Shekitout, Mike at the Columbia PP and Jocobe at the Memphis PP. They were cool. Danno, the current day shift DJ is a complete ass hole. Mostly they are following house rules when it comes to song lenghts. I have never watched the time when getting a lap dance but I do know because my favorites have told me that they do play shorter songs during an announced 2 for one. But I never go during that time. Lack of privacy.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    I haven't seen a DJ yet worth fucking. I know I know, for real men a hole is a hole.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    What OP really needs is a road trip out of the LA area, which is notorious for clipped its clipped songs. This subject has been hashed on zbone, I guess a lot of zboners don't think its "cool" to post on Tuscl, hence the ignorance of the "LA Clipper" epidemic. To OP- please let us know how your road trip goes- awaiting your 1st review of club outside LA/OC/COI.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion