tuscl

Why Not Providence??

aquavelvaman
Virginia
Saturday, January 10, 2009 4:03 AM
In reading a few of the reviews of the Clubs in Providence - I learned that basically prostitution is legal within the confines of a SC there. (Assuming this is true) Anyone know of any reasons why there are no Providence clubs in the top 10? In fact they don't seem to get much mention at all. Seems like mileage wise this would be the place to be.

12 comments

• how
    15 years ago
    Anything can be had in some Prov clubs, but the quality of the clubs and the dancers leaves too much to be desired for them to rate Top 10.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "I learned that basically prostitution is legal within the confines of a SC there." Prostitution is legal in RI if conducted indoors, period. "Anyone know of any reasons why there are no Providence clubs in the top 10?" I haven't the foggiest idea what Founder has done to his rating system to arrive at the current crop of Top 10s. It's his site...so he can do what he wants to. Clubs seems to come and go from the current lists for little or no apparent reason. I think the old way of having a longer list of top clubs (at least 25 or so) served us all better, but who really cares?
  • I think Rhode Island is so small only one person can fit into the state, and he's broke and asexual. Seriously, I don't know why that is. I've heard great things about Providence clubs yet, in my opinion, there hasn't been enough of a groundswell of reviews from TUSCLers to get those clubs into the Top 10. I think if it were a bigger city, like New York City, or a convention city, like Las Vegas, reviews would be pouring in. That brings up something I wish the TUSCL could be: a worldwide network of stripperhounds telling us how the scene in this city, this state, this prefecture, this country is like. We are trying, don't get me wrong, but we could be so much more comprehensive if we had more boots on the ground, so to speak. There are many underserved and underreported regions in the U.S. that may very well have great strip clubs. For example, I wonder what it's like in ... uh ... (picks up invoice of some long underwear ordered online) Cheyenne, Wyoming. I may or may not visit there ever, but someone might, and if it helps a businessman or a hobbyist have a memorable time, this site would have more meaning. Providence is one of those places. So yeah -- why not Providence?
  • observe
    15 years ago
    The reason for the low ranking of Providence clubs is, in my view, that taken individually, they are deficient in some way. Clubs such as Desire or Foxy Lady are more upscale but offer less in the way of additional services. Clubs such as the Cadillac Lounge and Club Fantasies may have more on the menu but the talent is less attractive. And clubs at the bottom of the barrel (you know which these are) offer an unattractive combination of any services, mediocre dancer quality, sketchy clientele and the opportunity to keep your medical provider in business for some time.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    Just looking at some of the reviews, maybe the prices of extras are too high there. And if the women are not as attractive, that hurts things as well. Of course, that wouldn't stop me from going if I were there.
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    Both Mr. Guy and Some Young Guy make valid points, but they really are on different topics. Both of them would merit separate discussion threads. I think Observe hit the nail right on the head, though. Keep in mind that prostitution is not LEGALIZED in Rhode Island. Rather, prostitutes have found a loophole in the Rhode Island law that doesn't explicitly PROHIBIT sexual activity for money indoors. And that is a very good thing. Just because there is no law specifically prohibiting it doesn't mean that it will develop as a great local industry and it hasn't. If the right entrepreneur came into Rhode Island something very nice might develop, or maybe not, since the legislature, if sufficiently allowed, could easily change the law to eliminate the loophole. I do like Some Young Guy's comment about Cheyenne Wyoming, even though it was completely off-topic. My response is equally offtopic, and that is - I have a nostalgic connection between TUSCL and Cheyenne Wyoming. In September 2001 I was planning a trip that was to take me through Cheyenne, and was thinking about staying the night there. I used Google to see if I could locate some strip clubs there. And I found that the best strip club locater, at that time, was TUSCL. And further, I discovered that Cheyenne ain't of much value strip-club-wise. Some Young Guy, if you REALLY think that we strip club hounds could build a network that is much better than what TUSCL provides, my advice is GO FOR IT. A good entrepreneur with a good idea can always make a pile of money. Hey, this is the USA, the Land of Opportunity.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    Even with the loophole, the problem might be with the dancers. People vary from region to region, for instance, Southeners are known for their hospitality. Houston rates high as a high mileage city, but Houstonians are known for their hospitality (it was Houston that rescued the people of New Orleans after Katrina-when no one else would). The Northeast isn't known for it's hospitality. When I was young, I briefly had a roomate from Providence. She was a hard person. One day she just disappeared with a few of my items. The few weeks she spent with me she led me to believe that people from Providence are cold hard people.
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    Thank you Houston! I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall during that mayoral meeting right after Katrina: Mayor: We have to let them come to the Astro Dome. Councilman: Who? Mayor: Four thousand of America's most dirty, dissheveled, unemployable, lower-class thugs and idiots. People who didn't have the money or good sense to get out of the way of a killer storm even when they had three days' advance notice. Councilman: And this is good for Houston ... why ... exactly? Mayor: It's not. We have to let them come here anyway. Councilman: Umm, no. There will be a very high percentage of people who have performed past criminal acts, or are more likely to perform future criminal acts, in the demographic that comes to us from the Super Dome in New Orleans. Mayor: Yup. But we have to let them come here anyway. It's the RIGHT thing to do. FEMA has dropped the ball. The National Guard is all in Iraq. The President is vacationing. Who else do they have? Atlanta and Nashville and Memphis aren't stepping up to the place. We will. City Council: Oh well OK then. Vote approved. Golly gee sometimes people do the right thing.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    Mayor White: We should let those idiots come into the Astrodome Council: Why? Mayor White: Because the church groups are ready to go and this is going to be very good for my political career. Council: Good how? Mayor White: Kay Bailey Hutchison is going to give up her Senator slot to run for Govenor and that idiot Rick Perry is going to try to remain in the Governor's Mansion Council: So why don't you run for Govenor? Mayor White: Because Senator is a do nothing job. Look at Ted Kennedy. He gets re-elected every time and he spends most of his time drunk, a bimbo under every arm. Council: So you think you get these idiots here and still have the political credibility to run for Senator? Mayor White: Like I said, the church groups are ready to go. They're going to do all the work. The county owns the dome. We're not out of pocket here. The feds will reimburse us for any costs and then some. It's a no brainer. See, I'm thinking like a Senator already
  • Yoda
    15 years ago
    At one time years ago Providence had two or three clubs that hit the top ten quite a bit. The economy has hurt Providence clubs quite a bit but dollar for dollar they are still a great deal and among some of the highest contact in the country.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "I think if it were a bigger city, like New York City, or a convention city, like Las Vegas, reviews would be pouring in." This was part of my point...not that long ago, a few of the RI clubs were some of the most reviewed on TUSCL (albeit not always rated that highly, and with good reason IMO) or some of the "Most Improved". Then, like a lot of other clubs on the "Top 10" lists, they disappeared for some reason...who knows... "Clubs such as Desire or Foxy Lady are more upscale but offer less in the way of additional services." You can get plenty of "extra services" at Desire, but it's been ages since my last Foxy visit. "People who didn't have the money or good sense to get out of the way of a killer storm even when they had three days' advance notice." Please, as if this tells the tale of how so many people were literally left behind before Katrina.
  • beantown
    15 years ago
    I think the ratings reflect the value/experience of the RI clubs, of which I frequent. I think that there are just a good number of people out there who aren't interested in going to a seedy, dirty, dive and getting unlimited extra's from 5's and 6's (or worse). There's a reason high class gentlemen's clubs exist, and while it's not for me, some guys are really just there for the fantasy, not for a happy ending. Therefore, when those guys go to Cheaters or somewhere else in Providence, they're disgusted by the dingy club, the high number of unattractive women, and if you're not interested in FS, you give it a bad rating. That's why reviews are important, it explains the numbers. And I totally agree that there should be regional/high level geographic overviews. Mass could read that there are very few options in eastern Mass, and all are air dances, but if you head to western Mass, and feel comfortable in the ghetto, you can get some extras or at least some better mileage. Obviously people can post stories, but it would need to be coordinated and have easy access to it. Great idea though.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion