tuscl

Clubs that have mixed reviews... Are the good ones real???

Wednesday, January 7, 2009 8:13 AM
I've read some reviews on clubs that have poor reviews and a few good ones. The good ones seem to be short on specifics. They just say things like, "The money I spent was worth it." or "I really liked ______. I will definately be back to see her." Call me cynical but, how do us guys on TUSCL know if those reviews aren't posted by dancers? Dancers who pass themselves off as customers of the 'strip clubbing' scene???

22 comments

• We don't. I look for a long membership period and a paper trail of reviews, but in the end, we really don't.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    There really is no way to tell. However, if a club appears to have bipolar ratings, I would generally ignore it.
  • robofan
    15 years ago
    I hate to say this but I think that a lot of the reviews on this site are BS. I see a lot of reviews of many of clubs in the same city with little or no useful information. I see other reviews of clubs that I have been to that I know the person writing the review has never been to. I believe people do this to get free membership. I think if there is one negative to this site which I generally love is that it gives free membership to anyone who writes a review. I believe that this leads to a lot of false reviews just to get a free month(s) wroth of membership. I would like to see this site become a pay site. The cost currently is not that much. I go to enough clubs to write enough reviews to not pay to belong but I prefer to pay. Lets face facts. Band with cost money so if we all paid a small amount then we could eliminate the BS reviews. What do other think? That being said which reviews are the good ones. It is difficult to say. Every club is different every night of the week depending what you are looking for. By that I mean if you walk into a big money club with a bunch of 9 and 10's and you don't have any money and all the dancers ignore you is it the clubs fault or yours? If you go to a neighborhood type club looking for a 10 and all they have is 6's and 7's is that the clubs fault or yours. Evan real club ratings are complex and usually do not contain all the facts. You have to kind of read between the lines. For example if a person goes to a high class gentleman's club and complains about the price of valet parking and the cover charge then the rest of their review will probably be biased. I think with time and experience you will be able to separate the BS from the real.
  • happylap
    15 years ago
    I disagree with robofan. I would not like to see tuscl go to an all-pay site. The main reason is probably because I'm a cheapskate and like my free membership. But I also think there'd be a lot fewer reviews which would lower the quality of the site overall. Yes, there are some bogus reviews and I'm sure some guys write them just to get the free membership. But the free membership is a great incentive to get people to write reviews. I like the tuscl model and think it has worked well for years. No review is going to be perfect for you. Everyone has different likes and dislikes and there are different purposes for going to a strip club. Some guys just like to look, others like LDs and some are looking for extras. sygsyg has a very good strategy and that is one of the great features of tuscl: you can click on the member's link and find out a lot about him/her. I have never reviewed a club without visiting (except in one case where I submitted a review for a club with a similar name in a different city without realizing it until later). That's not because I'm righteous and honest. It's because I like the tuscl model and don't want to taint it.
  • ozymandias
    15 years ago
    My good reviews are real, at least! Generally speaking, good reviews will be shorter and less detailed than bad reviews, because people tend to go on and on when they rant or criticize than they do when they complain, not just for strip clubs but for movies, restaurants, books, whatever. Human nature, it seems. The "post a review, get free access" model here (and at other sites such as TER) virtually assure there will be many fake reviews, however. Usually a review which is completely generic is fake, I assume. O.
  • icedawg
    15 years ago
    BUT at the same time, some experiences can be valid, thus prompting a legit review. it is conceivable that one could have a great time at a crappy place, or a crappy time at a great place. but, the proof for the most part can be in the pudding (yuck). as we have mentioned before, a club that goes for a while without review, or few reviews, has some indication of what it has. caveat emptor.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    Broken record/ auto response button time again!! For ones specific tastes & circumstances, 1 must read between the lines. Joe Blow may very well have snagged a bj from a dancer who resembles his high school favorite crush on a Saturday night. However, if you're at club Podunk on Tue. afternoon, that Sa. night rave review might not be relevant to you. I have found, though, that there is a positive correlation between overall relative scores, and quality of club experience. A club with a 5 rating is not likely to be more enjoyable than a club rated 7. r-fan brings up several good points, except I do not wish to see Tuscl become a pay only site. If you think a review is obviously fake, write founder stating specific examples why it is fake. He does take appropriate remedies. In my reviews, I try to filter out my personal experiences for a more objective grade. There have been visits where a bunch of the best dancers have been taken, resulting in a subpar visit for me. Obviously, folks other than myself had a great time, so I'll resist temptation to post a 4 or 5.
  • how
    15 years ago
    Getting valuable information from reviews requires discernment. Some general observations have already been offered here. Another couple: -- Raves about a specific dancer by name are a red flag. Most legitimate reviews are coy about whom they encountered, offering only hints for those who might want to seek her out. -- Focus on what matters to you: valuable reviews explain why the reviewer liked or disliked the club. It could be decor, looks of stage dancers, or mileage in the VIP, or other factors. Only you know what matters to you. If a review does not offer such insight, it is obviously useless to you.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    Most reviews here I take at face value. It's just easier that way, and since there are so many variables (year/season posted, day, time, personal taste, etc) I take them all with a grain of salt. If you're looking for anything more than the gist of a club from these reviews you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Case in point, at one of my favorite clubs there is a reviewer that goes on and on about a particular dancer. Legit reviews but clearly has an ATF. Has written these for quite a while, and every time I read a review from him I wondered who the heck is this dancer was and why hadn't I seen her before. She must be a goddess, right? One time on a slow night I happened to run into this extremely chatty dancer who I'd seen around but hadn't really stood out. Bingo. Sweet, yes. Cute, yes. My cup of tea and someone I'd bring presents to? Hell no, even if I did presents. And that's everything you need to know about the reviews here. I've posted great reviews of clubs that look like real bottom feeders on paper (and vice versa)...doing so without hesitation since, well, I was there and it's up to others to disagree. Whether I write long reviews or short reviews, name names (stage names for dancers) or whatever is totally dependent on my mood and sometimes what's in the other reviews for that club. If a review jumps out to me as fake or a shill, then I'll click through to the reviewer profile and look for things that have mostly been covered already. That's all.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    No reason to go past what someyoungguysomeyoungguy said, "...but in the end, we really don't." know!
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Ever had a review rejected? I have. When I was a newbie, I had 2 rejected. The editor said that they were more of a personal experience than a review. I learned. But now a days I see lots of reviews that are nothing more than an account of a personal experience. The most trusted reviews are by ones that post on here or I have personally met. I share personal info with them by PM or email. But will never bust my favorites in a review. I am well known on here but you do not see my name on the list of top reviewers. I was once #4 with 85 reviews. I have actually done twice that under different names. I have now settled down to just reviewing my favorite club. I am convinced that I will never find a better club for me. It is a rare day that I don't meet up with one of my TUSCL buddies. But I also recognize BS reviews. I have always wished to be able to post a rebuttal to a review. I would not want or expect any credit for it. I could read the club discussion board and post but hardly any one reads them. My next review will be about a personal experience at my favorite club with gridget. You are going to have to read between the lines. LOL...
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    There's always a better club or a better experience. It's right beside the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I've seen a few rebuttal reviews. I've even seen one direct reply that wasn't a review at all. Figured founder let it through after he was done laughing. Among the reviews I find the most useful are the ones that clarify or refute information from another post. I don't even mind the shill posts that much since it means someone cares enough about a place to create their bizarro TUSCL user to begin with. Rating inflation is another thing altogether, but the whole thread is about whether reviews are real are not, right? And I responded to that so...
  • Pete22z
    15 years ago
    I agree with most folks here. After a while I think you can sense real from false. But even if you're wrong so what, you cannot read this stuff as gospel. Even in the best of circumstances one man's heaven is another man's you know. What I look for in clubs these days simply aren't that important to a lot of readers out there, but it's my impression. As much as some may dislike it, I just don't believe in giving graphic details about my visits with a specific dancer. If my ATF (or any other woman for that matter) gave me an amazing BJ, that's gonna stay between us. The last thing I would want is to alert management to her actions (assuming they give a damn) or LE.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    One thing to remember is the bottom line of every page on this website: "Everything written on this site should be considered a work of fiction."
  • mmdv26
    15 years ago
    When I bring up TUSCL, I go to Recent Reviews and just scan them. I'll stop to read a 9 that isn't for Treasures, Flight Club or Mons; I might read a 2 just to be grateful that someone else had to suffer for me. Then I go to "Discussions". I consider most of the contributors here to be my fraternity brothers in the clubbing universe. I like to hear what they have to say. DDan reminds us of the bottom line on each page. Something to keep in mind.
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    That message at the bottom "Everything written on this site should be considered a work of fiction". That message may be to protect Founder from legal action as much as anything. Cetainly not EVERYTHING posted is fiction. I don't think even HALF is fiction. I do think maybe 10% is pure unadulterated fictional bullshit. But I would have a very difficult (impossible) time picking between an honest review which outlines some pretty amazing adventure, and a well-constructed piece of fiction. Over the years we have discussed this many times on this board. Perhaps the worst offender in the history of TUSCL was "Hot Lap Dance" where the owner, dancers, and friends all contributed fake reviews. I think the best you can hope for in an anonymous volunteer system like we have in TUSCL is a general idea of what the heck is going on in any particular club. I totally agree with the advice one of the previous posters offered -- if you see a review that you KNOW is fake, because of your own personal experience, notify Founder and hope he will take some action against the offender. And as another poster observed, checking the length of membership and general tenor of past reviews can help. But there are no absolutes here. Even a reviewer with a good track record might occasionally exaggerate. Dems da breaks.
  • Officer
    15 years ago
    just click on the reviewer's name to see the other reviews that he has posted--if there are a lot of reviews, especially reviews of clubs in different cities, then it's a legitimate reviewer---if the reviewer has only posted reviews of one club, then it probably is a fake--click on my name to see my reviews of clubs in different cities
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    That is not always true either. I you click on my name, you will see that I have only posted reviews for 6 or 7 clubs and only in three cities. 97% of them are for the same club. But in damned near all off them I have mentioned other TUSCLers that have joined me there and most of them have also written reviews for the same club. It would not be in the top 10 or have the most reviews, if I was a fake.
  • mmdv26
    15 years ago
    Hey Officer, Yeah, I don't know about your theory of legitimate reviewer - common sense would say that a guy who only reviews one club in one city probably just goes to that one club in that one city...that alone doesn't make him or his review a fake. Anyway, I did click on your name, and scanned your reviews. VERY NICE WORK!! It would be great if every club had a few reviews with even half the detail you provide.
  • gridget
    15 years ago
    I am newly back to this site and as you all have figured out I am sure, I am a dancer at one of the clubs. I did a review on this club and will do more as time goes on but they will always be real. I see no point in posting things that are not true since alot of you as, Shadowcat mentioned have been or will come to the club. I am sure that there are fake reviews on here and you can spot some of them a mile away by just what is said in them. I have to agree that there is no way to be certain which reviews are real and which are fake, this is just one of those times that you have to take chances if you intend on visiting a club...no better way to find out then visiting the club yourself:) ...and lol Shadowcat:)
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    officer: One more thing. gridget is backing me up too. Just 3 more days sweetheart. trim the beard. LOL...
  • snowtime
    15 years ago
    I am a little late to the discussion but will add my 2cents worth. Yes, there are some fake reviews on this site but far less , I suspect, than some of you think. A few may write a bogus reviews for the free membership and a few are obviously owners of clubs(or shills for them). However I believe most of the reviews are sincere and the fake ones will either disapper in time or get drowned out by correct ones. Overall, the guidance you get from the reviews on TUSCL are accurrate and extremely helpful to people like myself who travel extensively. Also, as said above, you can view a reviewer's history to gauge their sincerity. While a newbee's review may be 100% accurate, you might want to look at it in light of other reviews on the same club. Just common sense.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion