tuscl

It's funny how getting a 2nd Job changed a dancer's attitude

Saturday, June 14, 2008 5:21 PM
Last night I ran into a dancer that I hadn't seen in about 7 or 8months. She use to be one of my fav's mainly because she gave good lapdances but her money hungry attitude had started to get on my nerves. Well Last night she seemed to be more mild mannered as far as trying to get me to spend money on her. She had mentioned she now has a day job, so I am thinking this is probably the reason she has changed from being aggresive about trying to make money at the club. I ended up getting a dance from her but she didn't try to pressure me in to getting one or her favorite move of trying to offer the 3rd dance for half the price of the original dance. So I guess it's safe to say alot(not all)of the girl's who are aggresive or ROB's are the ones where dancing is their only source of income. They will say or do whatever it takes to put money in their pocket or feed their children.

11 comments

• gk
    16 years ago
    The thread should be--do dancers act different when they encounter life-changing events? And the answer is yes. But it bigger than another job. It could be anything that gives then another focus on life. A more respectable job might be one reason. A more respectable boyfrield might be the other but one I encoutntered latgely wass the dancer having her third kid. She came back to work more focused on her responsiblity as a parent. Did not want to do wild and crazy things over the line like she once did. She used to be a tag tem member for girl on girl parties. But when she cam back it all stopped. I asked hjer about it and she simply admitted, 'i'm that that person any more.'
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    It's sometimes fun to find a dancer who thinks of strip-club-dancing not so much as her "main income," but instead simply as a way to make sure here night out is a break-even proposition rather than a lose-money proposition. Like, get as much cash coming in over the weekend as she spends on gas and fingernail polish and drinks. Work at a strip club because she can hang with her friends, act bitchy, have little social networks where he-said-she-said, but also get all her drinks paid for and look like the hottest chick in the place.
  • Tucker40
    16 years ago
    Book Guy, I've actually seen a similar situation in Tampa. A bunch of day shift dancers at Ybor Strip were literally using their shift to hang out, group together and hit the regular clubs after shift (it was some sort of artificial "drinking" holiday but I can't remember which one.)
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    Funny? It is hilarious!
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    One of my favorites used to only dance, with no additional income. Eventually she quit dancing, but then came back to it, only she had an additional job, essentially so she could have health insurance. But after she came back, she was different, because she didn't seem to be all about the money, and more about having fun. The weird thing she used to complain a lot about the customers, and how I (and probably some other regulars) was the only one who she ever looked forward to seeing, but now, she doesn't, which I am certainly fine with, but she does seem to be happier in general. Even in her stage dances, she holds back a lot less than she used to. She used to not always go nude (in a nude club), but now it's automatic, even if she holds out til the third song.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    DandyDan: I'm not sure I'm following you, but it seems you're saying that after she got a second "real" job, she started loosening up her rules in the strip club MORE. Seems backwards to me ...
  • chi_sam
    16 years ago
    Doesn't seem backwards to me. I've seen this act before. Once they get out in the 'real' world and work in an environment where they are not the center of attention at all times, it just kills 'em. The unspoken truth is, that with few exceptions, there is not as much money to be made in stripping as the myth suggests. These girls (mostly) are there for the same reason as the guys: non-stop attention and validation. If they can eke out a living and pay for their 'hobbies', while fulfilling needs that are actually stronger and deeper than the needs of their customers, then it's a match made in Heaven. Myth shattered...
  • David9999
    16 years ago
    I question the entire central premise of the thread. The opposite seems to more likely The problem is many dancers who haven't worked on regular jobs in a long tim can get spoiled and lazy. Put them in a factory for an 8 hour shift or Walmart as a cashier standing on their feet for hours ... and they'll be bothered alot less by getting rejected. Real world hard work can be a wake up call, and if anything makes these girls worker harder, which nearly always involves a better overall attitude, soliciting for more customers, and putting more effort into giving a quality dance to each customer, (and in some cases) may nor may not involve getting a bit more liberal on the dances. Just like the Brazilian girls who nearly always have seen poverty first hand - they give customer good value, clean dance or not.
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    There was this one dancer at an old favorite club of mine who I could never figure out why she danced. She had a steady, good paying day-job ($50K+/year with benefits), and she only danced 2-3 nights/week. She really didn't have a whole lot of regulars, had been working at the same, basically shitty club for 7+ years, sometimes she made literally a few dollars in one night, and she always seemed to have a sugar-daddy bf on the side that had nothing to do with the club. I liked her, even though she had a few miles on her, because she had a generally great attitude and was very strong-willed to the point that really no one would mess with her. She also was high mileage the few times that I got a dance from her, but it was almost like she didn't know what else to do with her off-time at night then dance a few nights a week. She was a single mom too...she finally quite dancing for some unknown reason a few years ago...weird...
  • flguytampa21
    16 years ago
    I personally like girls who have other interests. The girls that go to college or massage school or work elsewhere have something to talk about. I met a 37 year old stripper who had a day job. She was a pleasure to watch, she was always smiling. We actually talked for awhile even though I told her I had spent all my money. But when I go back I know she will be alot of fun.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    I'm going to have to agree with Chi-Sam's analysis -- they crave "validation" and "enjoyment." I think one reason the factory or Wal-Mart doesn't appeal (to me, or to them) is that there's no "down time" except when the boss says you can have it. To the contrary, in a strip club the girls can run off to the loo or fix their makeup whenever they want, and really the only thing that this absence might negatively impact is their earning potential, but even that relation is tenuous at best since often it's just as likely an adequate number of willing customers will be there when they come back, as they would be before they departed. Having to be "on call" 100% of the time is a serious detriment to any working situation, and smart strip clubs keep their dancers around by NOT requiring utter time commitment and maximal hustle, but instead making it an appealing work environment for them (at least for the hotties whom they would want to keep!) by letting them traipse about in "off the job" behaviors. I also like girls who have something else going on in their lives BESIDES typical difficulties with errands. It's a good laugh, and a reliable regular one, that many girls have only their own day to talk about. "Omigod I had to go get my car sticker. And then my dog ate the pillow. And then a potted plant died. And then the line was like super-long at the grocery. And I'd already seen the Seinfeld episode." Don't they do anything other than the usual errands that everyone does?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion