tuscl

Strippers and politics

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Tuesday, June 3, 2008 5:00 PM
A straw poll at my favorite club says that John McBain will be the next president. The lesser of evils. HRC and Obama couldn't get elected dog catcher here.

18 comments

• Book Guy
    16 years ago
    I think either Hillary Blinton or Carabk Ocama would be a better choice. :P Just kidding ... I see that the stats regularly suggest Clinton would beat McCain, but McCain would beat Obama, but Obama would beat Clinton. It's a 3-way clusterfuck. Same thing happened in group C (IIRC) of the 1982 World Cup in Spain, and Northern Ireland advanced on the goals-for rule. It was a 3-team round-robin and each had a 1-goal victory and a 1-goal loss; but Ireland had a 2-1 game while all the others were 1-0.
  • quimby
    16 years ago
    Politics ? I am always suprised at how many strippers call themselves Republicans... My personal impression is that this country has large enough and serious enough economic problems to prevent the next president from doing anything but stopping the bleeding. So any of the 3 candidates will make a good enough "fall guy" - the poor 1-term sap who gets to cut spending, raise taxes, and hack away at Medicare/Social Security (to no real effect). I would like to see John McCain be that fall guy (since Republicans pretty much got us into the current mess) but he would also inherit the chance to put 4 more right-wing idiots onto the Supreme Court.. So its a wash and any of the 3 candidates will better then "the man who killed the US dollar..."
  • Ironcat
    16 years ago
    Quimby makes a good point - conservative justices can't be a good thing for the strip club industry. We will all have to road trip to Canada for decent LDs before long.
  • quimby
    16 years ago
    Book Guy - Before I check out and go to that Great Strip Club in the Sky - I want to see either England or Mexico win the World Cup.... (1982 was won by Italy, I believe - I remember a procession of cars honking their horns all night....) (I was minus 10 at the time....)
  • Dudester
    16 years ago
    Quimby makes a good point - conservative justices can't be a good thing for the strip club industry. We will all have to road trip to Canada for decent LDs before long. Truth is, McCain is a republican in name only. McCain was picked by democrats who prolonged their own primary season by spending the early primaries crossing over to vote for McCain in order to piss off conservatives. If McCain picks any supremes they will not be conservative (democrats will probably increase their lead in Congress this fall and McCain doesn't want to fight Congress). McCain buys into the global warming farce and he wants to double the price of gas to punish us Americans for our lifestyle. Besides, Quebec is close to seceeeding from Canada, causing Canada to fall apart. Half a dozen Canadian provinces have already drawn up papers in which they will apply to the US for statehood. I'm voting for Bob Barr, just to keep my concience clear.
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    That's funny that you should mention strippers opinions on politics, because that might be the one topic none of them ever want to talk about with me. I knew one who said she wanted Obama, but she was black, so that didn't surprise me. I'm not sure who I would want between McCain and Obama, but whoever is next in line to be President is likely to be the next Herbert Hoover.
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    Ironcat, I disagree. I think you'll find that places with very liberal leanings are often just as tough on strip clubs. Ever try to get an LD in Boston? The extremests at both ends of the political spectrum try to tell everyone else how to live, it's the moderates who are most likely to leave you alone.
  • I agree with ... quimby. How in the hell can a stripper call herself a Republican?
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    "Taxation without representation". I remember writing an editorial that was published in my local newspaper, when I was 18. So what gives the strippers the right to vote when most of them do not pay taxes?
  • deogol
    16 years ago
    Dancers don't vote. They won't even write a letter to city hall to complain about new regulations much less show up there in person to complain. Dancers are their own worst political enemies.
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    Shadowcat you disgusting woman hating piece of shit. What gives strippers the right to vote? Ever hear of women's sufferage? How about August 26, 1920? You must have been in your 20's then. That is the day that nationally women had their RIGHT to vote recognized. I hope you were never in the military Shadowcat. The way you trample on individual rights would disgust a true patriot. You are just a bitter self serving old prick. And a limp prick at that.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    Bro: I have a different view. Because of the dog fight in the DEM party there is so much hatred that none of them would support a "HRC/Obama ticket. I think that they would rather cross party lines and vote for McCain. Are we doomed? No. The Democrats scare the hell out of me. Is the economy going down the tubes. I don't see it. There are those that try to make us think that. Oil: this is an industrialized country. We need it. But do you realize how little of our imported oil comes from the Mideast. Most of it comes from Canada and [view link] why are the Wall Street futures buyers running the price up? Scared or stupid? The oil companies have found a gold mine and are cashing in on it. Ever wonder why the price of gas at you favorite station goes up 2 cents a gallon every day but they are still using supplies that they got a week ago? Yes the world is becoming more demanding of oil but raising the price does not answer the issue. Every one talks about alternatives. Time to act. Terrorists: This is the greatest concern of mine. People have been killing each other for thousands of years over different beliefs. I am an atheist and sincerely believe that the only way to prove that there are no gods is through space exploration. Not beleiving is political suicide. I step down. The soap box is available to the next victim.
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    Shadowcat, everyone in this country pays taxes, maybe not income taxes but they pay a hell of a lot of other taxes. In fact if most people realized how much they actually pay they'd be outraged. Which is why politicians keep it so fragments, so it's hidden. There's an excellent editorial by George Will in today's papers on oil prices and the impact of our self-imposed restrictions on exploration and drilling. If you're interested in oil prices, I highly recommend you read it - it's probably the best and most honest thing I've seen on the subject.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    FONDL: I agree with you on taxes. Maybe the most fair thing would be to follow Canada's example. a 15%(I think) on all goods and services. And cut out all of the other sources.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    FONDL, Excellent read of George Will. Unfortunately, being filled with facts, liberals will just ignore it. Shadowcat, I wish it were feasible, but in this day and age of dumbing down by our "educational" system, I won't live to see it. Oh and I forgot the strip club reference so that I may post here. I just thought of boobs, and what popped into my brain but ludicrouslydifferentfeebleimitationman .
  • Shekitout
    16 years ago
    Shadowcat: I know you can't be so dumb as to misspell McCain! For God's sake use a spellcheck. I am embarresed for you at so many misspellings I see in your postings. As this site used to say: spelling counts. Love it, live!
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    Dude: I use Firefox and it underlines in red anything that it thinks I have misspelled. Did I misspell McBain? How would a spellcheck fix this and it just underlined spellcheck as you spelled it. This is actually two words spell and check. As you have pointed out, I am not dumb. Just fat fingered.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    I've found some strippers quite abreast (har har) of the issues, though generally it's from a "here's what I learned from daytime TV." They sit around the house with nothing to do for several days of the week, waiting for the weekend or the evening to come 'round. They watch CNN and FoxNews more than folks who have to go to an office regularly. There won't be much out-of-the-norm information -- Bob Barr? who's he? -- but there will be a lot of contact with mainstream news outlets, I've found. I wasn't surprised that few strippers liked Hillary Clinton. Bill was visually hot to them, and Hillary clearly is not; so their feminine instincts say, "I hate that bitch. She gets to fuck him but she doesn't deserve it." They're pretty much a 60/40 split for Obama / McCain, depending on socio-ethnic background, I've found. Some have tried to act like they prefer Ron Paul but then they get caught when they call him a "Liberal Party" member ...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion